Voting Round 2 - Quetzalcoatl (Lucoa) vs. Maomao | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Quetzalcoatl (Lucoa) vs. Maomao

Who wins?

• Quetzalcoatl (Lucoa)

• Maomao

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Quetzalcoatl (Lucoa)
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Maomao
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
First of all, good luck @VG1989 !

I will come later, before deadline, hopefully, with a little more about my nominee. There are plenty gorgeous and sexy ladies everywhere, even among the nominees, here. I could have picked one of those and relied on their natural charms and advantageous appearance, but it is a waifu contest, I have chosen to pick Maomao, as for me, there are more important traits, way beyond the appearance that make a waifu, great. Though, by no way, Maomao is unattractive, far from it. But she has plenty of qualities (and some little flaws, too but they just make her even more charming) and an amazing personality that make her an outstanding waifu candidate, to my opinion. Please, take the time to read the campaigns. I will do my best to show you how much she deserves more love and to convince you, she is such a great female character and an awesome waifu. And hopefully, you will realize why Jinshi falls that much for her.

Please, support Maomao <3 !

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Maomao here

VG1989

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Ok, here goes

When people see Lucoa first thing they think about is her Popocatepetls :teehee and I was no exception at first, but what really captivated me about her looks is her eyes, Two beautiful gems that are completely different, yet look so good together.
In her introduction She strikes fear and jealousy in women

People may think it's about sexuality, What it Really is about is ...

Lucoa is, As you may guessed, An Ara-ara Onesan (some may even say Okasan) archetype, With mostly closed eyes and a teasing playful personality.
And that is utilized to its max with her pairing with a young wizard boy Shouta Magatsuchi

Yes, It's a OneXShota comedy, But mind you she chose him not because She's Thirsty For some Shota, in fact she never seems to chase other boys, she chose him out of concern for his safety, He was trying to summon a demon to be his familiar and that was dangerous.
She shows genuine care for him and not just Lust (though I admit there might be a little bit of it:3c).
In fact she cares about all characters, She is ready to give advise to Tohru,
Helps Iruru to make friends

She even helps Fafnir (If his bit persistent)

Even if it includes twisting her own body😅 (She's Flexible)

She also went through a tragic incident, Due to a cursed drink she "made out" with her little sister, because of that she was exiled from her home and lost her title as goddess. It left her with a bit of a trauma, She fears making a new home out of idea that she might lose it again. But with Shouta she actually feels at home🙂
And as an Ex-goddess she is powerful, in fact there is a rumor that she might be The Most Powerful being in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon universe. If she was not Spectator faction member (neutral), She would have easily beat oppositions of Chaos or Harmony.
Never

Piss

her

off

Or She will turn you into little girl.
Right, Faf-chan

In Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon she was a side character, but that was not enough for Lucoa so She got a Spin-off,
And it's drawn by Utamaro an H-artist who is really skilled at drawing "big thick waifus".

So to me Lucoa is more than just a fanservice character, She is a warm caring person that will pat you on the had when you filling down, will give you a hug (both wholesome and R-18). She is very funny and has her own problems that she slowly overcomes.
And finally what you all probably expected

Some Lucoa pic
s:nosebleed

She is Mom approved

and finally

Comes in all sizes
:XD
Thank you and Please support Lucoa

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

So I will, here, gather some of my thoughts, i will try to keep it spoiler free, and will give an overview of her character.

Overview

Presentation

1- Personality

Maomao is the main character of Kusuriya no Hitorigoto. She is an apothecary who works in the imperial palace. The story is interesting and uncommon as it follows an incredibly smart female lead character. But what makes the manga even more unique and amazing are both the main cast, Maomao, and Jinshi, and how their characters are explored And also the narration, and how elements about them and about people revolving around them are gradually revealed, and how the authors are building and maintaining the mystery. Maomao is truly a gem, and her character is remarkably well written. I will avoid, at least for now, to mention her background to avoid spoiling some information, but if she makes it next round, I might tell more about it. She, first, was abducted and was brought to work as a maid in the palace, but ended up later, getting promoted thanks to a consort’s grace and Jinshi, because she saved the consort’s baby.​

Maomao is a very entertaining and unique character with a rich backstory. She is smart, calm, resilient, audacious, crazy somehow, honest to a fault. She has, too, that sassy, and cynical side, but she is incredibly caring and she has strong values and a great sense of ethics. She is the kind who can say casually any truth and offend people around, but she is wise enough to not compromise people’s life and will refrain sometimes from revealing things to avoid terrible consequences to the people involved regardless how she feels about them. She is also knowledgeable not only about medicine, herbs, and poison but also about society. She cares about women’s condition, like women’s literacy and she has that emotional intelligence, and can read situations, and people. And she is witty, extremely funny , sometimes hilarious. She has no self-interest, nor that she cares about status and wealth, hierarchy and affluence, she even looks down on all that, She is humble and knows her place, and is only interested in medicine and poisons. Her relation with Jinshi is unique, funny and beautiful, their chemistry make them one of the pairing I am rooting for the most.​

Exemple of her funny side

Exemple of her humility

Her sincerity being aknowledged

Her concern for women's literacy

2- "The world is full of all kinds of flowers"

Maomao and appearances: Maomao is not the kind to get fooled by appearances and beauty, nor does she care about all the superficial life in the palace, which she compares to the pleasure district. She doesn’t even care about Jinshi, while all the ladies love him for his beauty. She appears unimpressed and just shows contempt to him at first, which amuses him, and contributed to making him gradually fall for her. Maomao had been through a harsh life, we learn from 1st chapter some elements, and others are revealed over time, and she has been raised by courtesans, so she knows so well about appearances/deception/superficiality, and she learned, too that beauty can sometimes be a tool for manipulation and ambition but it can be too a lethal weapon that can harm the wielder. She even hides her beauty, wearing make-up to add freckles to her face to appear less attractive. Even though she is not trying to look at her best, nor she cares about her health. She is, by no way unattractive, on the contrary, she is full of charms and graces, and for proof, there is that beautiful scene of her dancing ( see pic below)​

The palace is just a kind high end pleasure district, isnt-it ?

Maomao hiding her beauty, to look as plain as possible

She doesnt care of potential promotions, nor she cares about looking beautful as she knows how much, appearances can end up harming.

That's all for the overview, thanks for reading ! I hope you could see how lovable and unique she is, and i would love if you could give her a chance, she really deserves it ! Please support her ! And if possible read Kusuriya no Hitorigoto.

Please, vote Maomao ! ♥

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.