Question - Quick question | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Quick question

louis

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Israel
So first of all i havent read the manga so please don't mention any spoilers. I will read the manga as soon as season two (anime) ends.
My question is:
Are Eren and Armin gay ? If so, how ofter/much does this appear in the manga ? Is it noticable and did it bother you guys ?
And where does this put mikasa ? I mean, will there be any devolopment with her relationship with Eren ? (She's the only character that i realy like right now)
Again, please no spoilers :)

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Are Eren and Armin gay ? If so, how ofter/much does this appear in the manga ? Is it noticable and did it bother you guys ?
No, they are not, nor it has been ever hinted, they are just best friends.
And where does this put mikasa ? I mean, will there be any devolopment with her relationship with Eren ? (She's the only character that i realy like right now)
Again, please no spoilers :)
Well this question can't be answered without spoilers, can it :P , if i say yes, is a spoiler, if i say no, same thing. so i'll leave you with the doubt.

louis

Reaction score
Country
Israel
No, they are not, nor it has been ever hinted, they are just best friends.

Well this question can't be answered without spoilers, can it :P , if i say yes, is a spoiler, if i say no, same thing. so i'll leave you with the doubt.
Actually the reason i ask is because someone who read the manga told me so, and it just blew me away. He also said that Erwin and some other characters are gays, and that there are some lesbians too. It sound messes up i know but thats what he said and sworn, therefore i came here to get a straight answer, so i hope you're right.
About mikasa, although i think the asnwer is no (No devolopment at all) , but you're right just ignore the question .

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Actually the reason i ask is because someone who read the manga told me so, and it just blew me away. He also said that Erwin and some other characters are gays
Erwin is not gay, he may have joked with you about erwin and levi being really close, but not gay.

and that there are some lesbians too
there is tho

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Actually the reason i ask is because someone who read the manga told me so, and it just blew me away. He also said that Erwin and some other characters are gays, and that there are some lesbians too. It sound messes up i know but thats what he said and sworn, therefore i came here to get a straight answer, so i hope you're right.
About mikasa, although i think the asnwer is no (No devolopment at all) , but you're right just ignore the question .
There are gay characters, but I don't see what's so "messed up" about that... either way, he lied to you about Eren/Armin, that's for sure. There was never anything to hint at that, as a matter of fact there has been 0 stuff regarding romance about those characters.

louis

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Erwin is not gay, he may have joked with you about erwin and levi being really close, but not gay.

there is tho
That's a relief

There are gay characters, but I don't see what's so "messed up" about that... either way, he lied to you about Eren/Armin, that's for sure. There was never anything to hint at that, as a matter of fact there has been 0 stuff regarding romance about those characters.
Don't get me wrong i have nothing against gay people. It just seems wrong and off character for this show, thus having this kind of relationships will ruin it for me.
Anyway, thanks for the relief. I guess i'll have to ask him why the heck he lied.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Don't get me wrong i have nothing against gay people. It just seems wrong and off character for this show, thus having this kind of relationships will ruin it for me.
Anyway, thanks for the relief. I guess i'll have to ask him why the heck he lied.
How is it off character...? How is "sexuality" off character, if sexuality is something that everyone has?

louis

Reaction score
Country
Israel
How is it off character...? How is "sexuality" off character, if sexuality is something that everyone has?
Well, for me, as for most people, seeing that two male characters in their favourite show are fucking each other, isn't realy pleasing. Perhaps it's just me that feels this way. I want to see some normal relationships that can be looked up to, Eren and Mikasa for example, not Erwin and Levi or Eren and Levi.. thats messed up and way off character.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well, for me, as for most people, seeing that two male characters in their favourite show are fucking each other, isn't realy pleasing.
First of all, you don't see characters "fucking" or even kissing for that matter, it's not that kind of show. Just because characters are gay or something else doesn't mean you'll be seeing them having sex... doesn't really make sense.

That's like me saying that I don't like Harry Potter anymore just because Dumbledore is gay... do we ever see Dumbledore kissing or having sex with another guy? No, we don't, that's just how the character is, it doesn't change anything about the story or the plot, or the relationships between characters.

Perhaps it's just me that feels this way. I want to see some normal relationships that can be looked up to
Implying that gay relationships aren't "normal"... sorry to break it to you buddy, but seems pretty clear here that you do have a problem with homosexuality.

not Erwin and Levi or Eren and Levi.. thats messed up and way off character.
Again, how is that off character? If a character is gay, then that's how the character is, period. It can't be off character if the character IS just like that, so not sure what you're on about, doesn't really make sense man.

louis

Reaction score
Country
Israel
First of all, you don't see characters "fucking" or even kissing for that matter, it's not that kind of show. Just because characters are gay or something else doesn't mean you'll be seeing them having sex... doesn't really make sense.

That's like me saying that I don't like Harry Potter anymore just because Dumbledore is gay... do we ever see Dumbledore kissing or having sex with another guy? No, we don't, that's just how the character is, it doesn't change anything about the story or the plot, or the relationships between characters.

Implying that gay relationships aren't "normal"... sorry to break it to you buddy, but seems pretty clear here that you do have a problem with homosexuality.

Again, how is that off character? If a character is gay, then that's how the character is, period. It can't be off character if the character IS just like that, so not sure what you're on about, doesn't really make sense man.
The thing is i was told that there will be some hints, like blushing and stuff like that. But Anyway, i got my answer and i thank you for that. I don't want to get into a discussion off point.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The thing is i was told that there will be some hints, like blushing and stuff like that.
Still lies.

The extent of what happened was, the creator said "these two are a couple by the way", and that's it.
Nothing even happened/was shown/said in the story.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
There is only one lesbian couple in this Manga.

Eren and Armin are best friends.And i too really hope the relationship between Eren and Mikasa blooms and they become a real couple.

louis

Reaction score
Country
Israel
There is only one lesbian couple in this Manga.

Eren and Armin are best friends.And i too really hope the relationship between Eren and Mikasa blooms and they become a real couple.
Yeah.. i was told it's not gonna happen unfortunatly.

ExtremiS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
you know, i actually saw some people suggest a theory that eren and armin got something more than eren and mikasa. They said judging by the drawing style, eren gaze toward armin rather than toward mikasa and what not but i cant find the original post/page.
Example: Spoiler Alert
http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/132782_attack-on-titan-chapter-67/page_11 he said the drawing highlight eren and armin's hand
http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/112032_attack-on-titan-chapter-50/page_22
http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/112032_attack-on-titan-chapter-50/page_23
http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/112032_attack-on-titan-chapter-50/page_24 Eren was looking at armin rather than mikasa who was talking to him
there are more but i cant remember which chapter or where the post was, sorry.
Honestly these blown my mind but i also didnt take it too serious until things become clear in the future. If that the case, plz dont leave mikasa alone find someone for her plz Isa.

louis

Reaction score
Country
Israel
you know, i actually saw some people suggest a theory that eren and armin got something more than eren and mikasa. They said judging by the drawing style, eren gaze toward armin rather than toward mikasa and what not but i cant find the original post/page.
http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/132782_attack-on-titan-chapter-67/page_11 he said the drawing highlight eren and armin's hand
http://www.mangainn.net/manga/chapter/112032_attack-on-titan-chapter-50/page_24 Eren was looking at armin rather than mikasa who was talking to him
Honestly these blown my mind but i also didnt take it too serious until things become clear in the future. If that the case, plz dont leave mikasa alone find someone for her plz Isa.
Not gonna read the example obviously.
It seems that everyone have different opinion in the matter.. i'll just have to figure things out my self :/

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think they are misinterpreting.I felt he had some feelings for Annie but not Armin.

Nowadays seems Eren more has feelings for Mikasa.

louis

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I think they are misinterpreting.I felt he had some feelings for Annie but not Armin.

Nowadays seems Eren more has feelings for Mikasa.
Sounds like he have feelings for everybody these days :D But since that weardo isayama sayed Eren and Armin are a couple, this raises so many question marks. Seems he's planning something in the coming chapters. Hope not though.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Sounds like he have feelings for everybody these days :D But since that weardo isayama sayed Eren and Armin are a couple, this raises so many question marks.
Weren't you already told that they were not a couple, and that it wasn't true...?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To be precise, the manga does not actually address anything regarding character's sexuality or overall sex drive. Well, there are a few details here and there but they don't concern eren, mikasa, armin, erwin or levi. Basically, every one of them could have any sexuality you can imagine and it unlikely it would impact the story much considering their role.