Feedback - Quick Reply - Memory bank bug | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback Quick Reply - Memory bank bug

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Hey you all awesome Mangahelpers!

I've encountered a bug, which you may or may not know about, I truly don't know, but it has annoyed me countless times now due to the way I use your website.
So I thought I'd drop a message, just in case, and hopefully it could get fixed! :nerd

The problem lies within Quick Reply, and only Quick Reply, it has never happened in Advanced reply in threads.
I've often written longer posts in Quick Reply, and then I decide to change tab in my browser, for example to change music on youtube, check e-mail, facebook, whatever that distracts me, and when I return to the Mangahelpers.com tab, the Quick Reply is all empty. Poof gone, not a single letter left in it.
I really got to scratch my head every time this happens, it doesn't always happen, but the text simply disappears from time to time.

It appears to happen randomly, as I can't force it to happen through a test doing the same again, checking other tabs.

It can be quite draining when you wrote a long post in Quick Reply, and you have to start all over again, and to be honest, it really shouldn't be happening.

I could just force my self to always write in Advanced Reply, but I imagine others might encounter this issue as well.
I remember having the same issue at least 12 times over the last 2-3 years, on different computers, with different windows installs.
However I did always use Firefox in those 2-3 years as my choice of browser, if it makes any difference. Current Firefox version I use is version 20.0.1.

Well it's not the biggest problem to me, but I thought I'd share, as you may or may not know about it, for all I know it could only be happening in Firefox, or something else that unique follows me. Albeit I've used different machines and OS's over the last 2-3 years.

Kindly regards,
Quantized

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Hey, Sorry for the late reply.

Looks like a really cool addon, thanks for the heads up :smile-big

Just to put numbers into perspective though, as I'm a fairly advanced computer user, I know this is a bug, that's why I made this post to begin with.

Well I've probably written this way in at least 900~ posts, untill I finish up and wan't to preview the post, which I then use advanced mode to preview the post.
I rarely did go advanced right away.
In that time, I've experienced it, probably around 12 times if memory serves right when I switch tabs.

It might be rare, but it's still a bug, whether it's within firefox or MH I can't say at this point.