Régiment de Cuisine match-ups | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Régiment de Cuisine match-ups

Which match-up do you find more suitable

• The one presented

• Different

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So after the current chapter, we are startting to see the régiment´s match-ups, and somehow some of the future ones, as the match goes on, so in this thread we can discuss the match-ups in particular and which did each find more suitable, over the one given by the chapter, or if there´s a agreement on the chap´s one being better and in which case, who would be the ones to advance to the next match-ups, etc...

My ideal match-up would be:
Tadokoro vs 3rd year elite 1
Aldini vs 3rd year elite
Kuga vs Eizan
Isshiki vs Nene
Megishima vs Saitou
Subaru vs Eishi
Soma vs Rindou
Erina vs Momo

Last edited:

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Tadokoro vs 3rd year elite 1
Aldini vs 3rd year elite

Kuga vs Eizan
Isshiki vs Nene
Megishima vs Saitou

Subaru vs Eishi
Soma vs Rindou
Erina vs Momo
Subaru vs Eishi would be too much of an overkill imo !
However I agree with you about everythink I put in bold
If Soma had gone against Rindou right on the spot he would have lost and the main 4 all need at least 1 victory. Nene wasn't such a bad choice for him since she's the only one he hasn't fight yet.
Erina would be a good choice against Momo, none of them has sweet for a specialty but Erina with her God tongue can manage to close the gap

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Subaru vs Eishi would be too much of an overkill imo !
However I agree with you about everythink I put in bold
If Soma had gone against Rindou right on the spot he would have lost and the main 4 all need at least 1 victory. Nene wasn't such a bad choice for him since she's the only one he hasn't fight yet.
Erina would be a good choice against Momo, none of them has sweet for a specialty but Erina with her God tongue can manage to close the gap
Well to be fair nothing prevents rindou for giving a free win to the rebels here, thats why I thought if rindou wants to turn to the rebel side it would be now.

Subaru vs Eishi could work as a way to wear down Eishi so that by the next rounds he will be weakened against the other rebels, I can see how this match-up and eizan vs Kuga could have very predictable outcomes though.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Well to be fair nothing prevents rindou for giving a free win to the rebels here, thats why I thought if rindou wants to turn to the rebel side it would be now.

Subaru vs Eishi could work as a way to wear down Eishi so that by the next rounds he will be weakened against the other rebels, I can see how this match-up and eizan vs Kuga could have very predictable outcomes though.
I also still think Rindou will turn coat, but at the last moment imo, When she face Sourina (or Erina + whoever)
Eishi being the actual 1st seat and a perfectionist, I really doubt he'll be wear down by such a thing. If he doesn't have some stamina then he has nothing to do here. I like to believe my little boy can manage so much, but once again the author need a good reason for Eishi downfall since none of the rebels can compare to him
Whatever happens, Kuga and Subaru will lose for plot reasons no matter who they face

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
From the foreshadow this chapter, I'm going with Kuga vs Tsubasa, of course with him losing.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Battle 1 predictions

Soma/Isshiki/Megishima vs Kinokuni/Julio/Pokemon Trainer (PT)

For the first match I think Soma and Isshiki will win, and Pokemon Trainer guy/girl will against Megishima.

At first I thought that maybe Isshiki would lose, that was when I read the spoilers for chapter 209, before reading the actual chapter, but now that i have read the actual chapter I don't think there's a way he loses against an opponent that alright insulted him, plus now we have backstory material for Isshiki.

Why do I think Poketrainer will beat Megishima?

Because we as readers don't really care too much about Megishima, we are probably getting some backstory in the next couple of chapters, explaining why he left Central etc etc, but ultimately he's a bland character, out of all the rebels is the one we know the least about.

If Poketrainer beats him he will get hyped, after all he would have beaten the 3rd seat, so Poketrainer would then become a powerful opponent to be beaten by the main 4 (Soma, Erina, Megumi, Takumi)

Soma would have already beaten Kinokuni so I don't think he would face PT, I think the one to fight and beat him will be Takumi.

If my predictions are correct that would leaves us with:

7 rebels:
Soma, Erina, Megumi, Takumi, Isshiki, Kuga, Subaru

6 central:
Eishi, Rindou, Momo, Somei, Eizan, Pokemon Trainer.

Battle 2 predictions

Takumi/Subaru/Kuga vs Pokemon Trainer/Eizan/Eishi

I get the feeling that Takumi's match will be Takumi/Subaru/Kuga vs Poketrainer/Eizan/Eishi, here's why I think it would be something similar to this.

One thing about this is that since Pokemon Trainer would have already fought in the previous match, maybe he won't fight, in that case I think either Momo or Somei will fight Takumi and Takumi would still win.

First I think that Takumi/Subaru are gonna be paired because of their rivalry. As I said Takumi and Poketrainer would battle, Takumi WILL NOT lose on his first match, I could even see Megumi or Erina losing on their first match, though I don't think it will happen.
The only way I see Takumi losing would be if he somehow gets paired against Eishi or Rindo, everyone else should be game for Takumi.

Subaru vs Eizan, Eizan has to win his next match, I generally think that in manga, especially sport manga (And let's face it Shokugeki is practically a sport manga at this point, at least in format) - you don't want a hyped character to lose twice, Eizan could lose if he doesn't fight a fodder Rebel. If Eizan loses his first match though he would practically just be a comic-relief type villain from now on.
As an extra prediction: Subaru will probably help Takumi with his dish at some point, thus providing some sort of help that will likely make a significant impact in Takumi's dish.

Kuga vs Eishi, it's been foreshadowed and I think Kuga will actually get his rematch, and if there's one OK way to make a character that has already lost lose again is by pairing him/her against an overpowered opponent, in this case Eishi.
Kuga vs Eishi will probably be a typical match where Kuga's growth is shown and will actually make Eishi sweat, but ultimately Eishi will win.

5 rebels:
Soma, Erina, Megumi, Takumi, Isshiki

5 central:
Eishi, Rindou, Momo, Somei, Eizan

Battle 3 predictions

Soma/Erina/Megumi or Soma/Megumi/Isshiki vs Momo/Somei/Rindou

After that I think the teams for the rebels can either be Soma/Erina/Megumi or Soma/Megumi/Isshiki, ultimately I think it would be the first since Erina wouldn't have fought yet and I doubt she wouldn't (finally) have a cooking match. I think their rivals would be the remaining Central that haven't fought: Momo/Somei/Rindou (In that particular order of fights)
If it's the first match-up then I think Megumi would lose against Rindou, if it's the second I think Isshiki would lose against Rindou.

Tbh I just think that Momo, Somei, Kinokuni and the new elite 2 are practically fodder, they were basically made to be beaten 'easily' by the Main characters, Eishi and Rindou are the real threats, and Eizan should get a win because he should probably be stronger. Obviously one or two of these fodder characters will probably get a win, most likely against the rebels' own fodder characters: Megishima, Subaru and Kuga.

I won't speculate any further here, it's extremely unlikely it will turn out this way anyhow, but I think the remaining characters would be this after Battle 3.

4 rebels:
Soma, Erina, Megumi/Isshiki, Takumi

3 central:
Eishi, Rindou, Eizan

Battle 4 predictions

Erina/(Megumi/Isshiki)/Takumi vs Eizan/Rindou/Eishi

Basically a set-up for a Soma/Erina vs Rindou/Eishi match.

2 rebels:
Soma, Erina

2 central:
Eishi, Rindou

Battle 5 predictions

Soma/Erina vs Rindou/Eishi

I think this match can go two ways:
1.- It's a normal Shokugeki with 2 individual results for each contender.

2.- It's a 2vs2 Shokugeki. e.g. The same ditch is prepared by Soma and Erina and is tasted against the dish made by Eishi and Rindou.

If it's 1 I think Soma and Eishi will beat Rindou and Erina will lose to Eishi, thus the final match would be Soma vs Eishi.
If it's 2 Soma/Erina would win the match.

Battle 6 predictions

Soma vs Eishi

Soma wins.
Extra prediction: We get a BLUE world cup arc in WSJ or Shokugeki no Soma finishes only to continue on Jump SQ, I somehow think Shokugeki no Soma could continue, but WSJ tends to 'cancel' their sport manga once they reach certain point, and you could consider the Regiment de cuisine Shokugeki no Soma's National Tournament, and by the point these matches finish SnS would probably be around 28 to 30 volumes long, which is pretty long.