Shounen - Ragna Crimson | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Ragna Crimson

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Ragna Crimson by Daiki Kobayashi

Serialized in:Gangan Joker

Serialization: Monthly

The dragon hunter Ragna embarks on a revenge-fuelled quest to eliminate that threat once and for all! Dragon hunters: warriors armed with special silver weapons who kill their prey for bounty. Lowest among their ranks is Ragna, who forms an improbable partnership with the young genius Leonica, a master dragon slayer with more kills to her name than almost any other. All Ragna wants is to stay by Leonica's side, but his dream is shattered by an attack from the deadliest dragon imaginable...

For anyone who wants to read a new top tier manga! Defiantly check this one out easily in my top 5 favourite manga of all time! For instance my top 5 are One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Berserk, Slam Dunk and of course Ragna Crimson. As you can see imo Ragna Crimson is up their with some of the best mangas of all time.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a good read, yeah.

Feels like an excercise in fun for the author as it's just one off the wall concept after another.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I was recommended this but I have seen the anime news.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Caught up after finishing the anime. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed how the hype train keeps moving given my favorite characters being gone, Starlia comatose and Kamui dead. I like how smoothly the series has introduced the rest of the sun cult and bloodlines, much better than going one bloodline at a time. And even tho Sigmalio is the mastermind, we still got several interesting threads about each bloodline. Bagram being a 2nd gen and a king who cares about his people and bloodline over following Sigmalio's plan. Banko being sealed and maybe loving the 1st gen King of the Roars. Then, there's Sigmalio's bloodline being wiped out and human lifestyle and likely relationship with Ruoxi. Tenran's hasn't shown much besides being the most powerful bloodline. She also got a great design. Hell, even Leo becoming Gileza's disciple was an interesting move.

Fightwise, Glesto lived up to the hype and then some. Awesome design and does not play around.

Lastly, just gonna say Shlime is one of my favorite characters. He's a whole mood lmao, and his dynamic with Ragna is really good :lmao

Last edited:

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Caught up after finishing the anime. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed how the hype train keeps moving given my favorite characters being gone, Starlia comatose and Kamui dead. I like how smoothly the series has introduced the rest of the sun cult and bloodlines, much better than going one bloodline at a time. And even tho Sigmalio is the mastermind, we still got several interesting threads about each bloodline. Bagram being a 2nd gen and a king who cares about his people and bloodline over following Sigmalio's plan. Banko being sealed and maybe loving the 1st gen King of the Roars. Then, there's Sigmalio's bloodline being wiped out and human lifestyle and likely relationship with Ruoxi. Tenran's hasn't shown much besides being the most powerful bloodline. She also got a great design.

Fightwise, Glesto lived up to the hype and then some. Awesome design and does not play around.

Lastly, just gonna say Shlime is one of my favorite characters. He's a whole mood lmao, and his dynamic with Ragna is really good :lmao
Glad you checked it out I love this series so much.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up! It's cool to see the bloodlines working together.

The author isn't really subtle about Ruoxi having dragon heritage, but nothing has been explained about the ageless swordsmen. I guess her father is Bagram? Since she seems close to the Roars bloodline.

Considering how the chapter ended, I guess the one who killed the Sun God is Gine.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Caught up! It's cool to see the bloodlines working together.

The author isn't really subtle about Ruoxi having dragon heritage, but nothing has been explained about the ageless swordsmen. I guess her father is Bagram? Since she seems close to the Roars bloodline.

Considering how the chapter ended, I guess the one who killed the Sun God is Gine.
She's most likely the Eyes king daughter. She was called Aria by the Dragons and that was eyes king named his daughter. I think Gine getting Banko bone is a red herring

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
New chap

With the fragment in tow, is Starlia gonna return sooner than I expected? Series is monthly, so within ~ 2 yrs.

And an unexpected meeting to end the chap! They actually do look like siblings in that panel. Tho Gilzea doesn't look like the girl with Crimson in the distant past (chap. 17),

Last edited:

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
So Gilzea knows Crimson is still alive interesting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

New chap

With the fragment in tow, is Starlia gonna return sooner than I expected. Series is monthly, so within ~ 2 yrs.

And an unexpected meeting to end the chap! They actually do look like siblings in that panel. Tho Gilzea doesn't look like the girl with Crimson in the distant past (chap. 17),
That girl in the past is 1st Roar King

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Interesting reveals about cloning. Crimson is in touch with Gilzea too.

I am slow, the Rainbow Saintess Raksha was Olto Zora and Taratectra's leader, right? The one that Zora loved. I didn't pay attention to that before because I was used to the Lakucia name. But it's been confirmed that she joined them. They took some of Ragna, Fu, Majorca's blood too. Starlia might return soon to create a new weapon for Ragna.

One of the Carlas with Ragna seems different? With the thanks, smile and all. Thorgil is on the frontlines? Against which blood line?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What would even happen if Starlia were to come back now? Would she become another DSM and reunite with her old troops(it means they would ditch Ragna). Or would she become his subordinate?

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
It must be the Roars bloodline Thorgi fighting

Gaku

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
What would even happen if Starlia were to come back now? Would she become another DSM and reunite with her old troops(it means they would ditch Ragna). Or would she become his subordinate?
She would become a dragon slayer monk since the sun cult has been looking for her to join their ranks since she was a child, and most likely the troops would follow her.