Rak, the native one | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rak, the native one

insignificant creature

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why do you think Rak sudden power up has the best timing and has significant meaning?

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have this theory behind Rak sudden power up:
Rak's curse was a bit more lifted when he was caught in the explosion from Yuri's attack. Like Ehwa, he is also atleast a descendant of giant. We know Yuje protected only Ehwa and danhwa not rak. Then training in HF or finding his quality lifted again some curse. Then came the souls from white and finally the rage acted as catalyst for that transformation.

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It was a matter of when

i’m glad it finally happened. It should of honestlt happened sooner so we accept it earlier on before this great war.

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Isn't the great war happening right now? Or are you implying Gus Vs trauma?
Yeah.

Now that the scale involves the Family Leaders. I wouldn’t consider the Nest/Last Station a great war anymore. So I wished Rak awakened sooner since the Nest arc at least.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Should have been done against a lower level opponent than a High Ranker. I don't think there would be as much furor about Rak beating up on a Charlie.

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Should have been done against a lower level opponent than a High Ranker. I don't think there would be as much furor about Rak beating up on a Charlie.
Or elbaba and goruro are also fine to me. Btw, what do you think of eyelashes or eyelids of berserk rak? Before that transformation, I thought it was like claw or bone of fish

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Or elbaba and goruro are also fine to me. Btw, what do you think of eyelashes or eyelids of berserk rak? Before that transformation, I thought it was like claw or bone of fish
I didn't pay enough attention to him to even notice, honestly. I don't think Rashut is in a higher tier than Elbaba or Goruro, either. Any High Ranker is too much to be getting jobbed out to Rak.

insignificant creature

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well you are right considering elbaba almost killed AA in ch 573

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Rak's curse was a bit more lifted when he was caught in the explosion from Yuri's attack. Like Ehwa, he is also atleast a descendant of giant. We know Yuje protected only Ehwa and danhwa not rak. Then training in HF or finding his quality lifted again some curse. Then came the souls from white and finally the rage acted as catalyst for that transformation.
I don't get the impression that rak awakened any of his power at the name hunt station. IIRC the story was pretty clear about rak surviving because he got sucked into a mirror fragment that conveniently got him into the hidden floor early. Given how time passes there odds are that he spent a relatively long time inside. Once inside the fake floor the curse was weakened which paired with eduan's training allowed him to use his rock based powers. White's souls definitely gave rak a rather big boost though I have no idea if that had a role in further releasing his curse. Though as far as speculation goes I think it's pretty reasonable.

There are three other things which I think could have had an effect in the curse further weakening:

1.- Rak has been in the vicinity of evankhel and khel hellam unleashing their native ones. And we see rak specifically reacting to evankhel's.
2.- Perhaps more significant is rak using the ancient spear. We saw that the original beastkin owner of the spear had trouble using it. It hurt him and he could only throw it without igniting it. Rak in turn was able to barely throw it but was able to ignite it. I think it's fair to suggest that rak igniting the spear could have helped him further tap into his power.
3.- IIRC there was one instance of aguero using his flames to support rak. I don't think rak specifically reacted to this like he did when he first saw evankhel's flame but we have seen this specific boost help rankers achieve higher levels of mimesis (that said, I don't remember when exactly aguero did this, I might be wrong).

brzytki

Reaction score
Country
Poland
3.- IIRC there was one instance of aguero using his flames to support rak. I don't think rak specifically reacted to this like he did when he first saw evankhel's flame but we have seen this specific boost help rankers achieve higher levels of mimesis (that said, I don't remember when exactly aguero did this, I might be wrong).
When they were fighting Daleet, Khun used the flames to reinforce Rak's stone shield.

I'll just leave it here. ;)
View media item 28706View media item 28707

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I wanna corrected about what I bold there, both yihwa and dahwa protected by yeon family fire of yihwa as yuje said that he guess that both of them can be save by him because yeon family fire of yihwa protected both of them, and rak didn't even there when yuje save both of them, because before even yuri attack emerge rak goes to HF by mirror that dahwa got from yura.