Discussion - Ranking Power Players in the U17 Tournament | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Ranking Power Players in the U17 Tournament

Who is the Second Strongest Power Player in the Tournament After Duke?

• Albert

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Hercules

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Dankmar

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This will be interesting. I collected all Power Players from different Countries. And Tried to Rank them

LIST

1. DUKE - Self Explanatory. Former France Ace Player (Finally A List where Duke is not the weakest)

2. ALBERT - 4th Strongest Player in #2 Ranked Switzerland

3. HERCULES - Very Underrated. I think he MIGHT be the Second Best Player in Greece after Zeus. (Hermes and Hades have a case)

4. DANKMAR - Lack of Feats. Just an aid for Bertie. But he is a pro

5. RANDY - Being Carried by Albert in their pairing

6. GIN - By Far the weakest in the list

FUN FACT: Spain and USA and Austraila doesn't have Power Players.

(Usa's Giesel might be. But no evidence)

What do you think?

Is Duke the best Power Player in the Tourney? Or it is somebody else? Hmmm.

Last edited:

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Duke is definitely the best power player in the tournament after his Kijin.
Albert likely scales to pre-kijin Duke given they both can use Destroyer.
However, we saw pre-Kijin Duke get blown away by Dankmar's serve. And he kept his power in check the whole game.
Also if we take Duke home running Dankmar with the ship mast during the Kijin battle more literally. Then Dankmar serves as the only player we see to directly tank Duke's homerun and was no worse for wear.
Heracles has a poor showing as a power player. Ochi had no trouble returning any of his power shots and that's even true post aura. His best trait is that he doesn't rely solely on power. He's also not as strong as the others in Doubles, lacking Howling and lacking the insight to prevent his partner from getting pseudo yipped unlike Ochi.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Duke is definitely the best power player in the tournament after his Kijin.
Albert likely scales to pre-kijin Duke given they both can use Destroyer.
However, we saw pre-Kijin Duke get blown away by Dankmar's serve. And he kept his power in check the whole game.
Also if we take Duke home running Dankmar with the ship mast during the Kijin battle more literally. Then Dankmar serves as the only player we see to directly tank Duke's homerun and was no worse for wear.
Heracles has a poor showing as a power player. Ochi had no trouble returning any of his power shots and that's even true post aura. His best trait is that he doesn't rely solely on power. He's also not as strong as the others in Doubles, lacking Howling and lacking the insight to prevent his partner from getting pseudo yipped unlike Ochi.
I think Duke is the strongest too.

However, One can argue Albert Literally Beat Duke when they played against each other.

However, it was in Doubles (and literally skipped)

So Maybe Randy being Better than Gin played a Factor on that match?

(Duke might be holding back too to not hurt Gin? Idk)

But UNLESS Albert has a Kijin too, Duke's Buddha Kijin will be too much.

I personally will like if Albert have a Kijin too though. To show that Switzerland is not a Joke.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I probably give it to Albert given that he actually beat Duke. Sure, we don't see the fight. But because we don't see the fight, that's why you can't take anything from it other than he beat Duke. And country power level wise it would make more sense to me that way otherwise Switzerland would be an extremely weak former #2 country.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Duke is the strongest too.

However, One can argue Albert Literally Beat Duke when they played against each other.

However, it was in Doubles (and literally skipped)

So Maybe Randy being Better than Gin played a Factor on that match?

(Duke might be holding back too to not hurt Gin? Idk)

But UNLESS Albert has a Kijin too, Duke's Buddha Kijin will be too much.

I personally will like if Albert have a Kijin too though. To show that Switzerland is not a Joke.
I'm pretty sure they one by beating down Gin. Gin doesn't have access to Destroyer mode which is probably the only thing the match shows. And Gin is injured and off the team after the match. So presumably he got taken out, and Albert and Randy were strong enough that Duke couldn't win the 1v2

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I probably give it to Albert given that he actually beat Duke. Sure, we don't see the fight. But because we don't see the fight, that's why you can't take anything from it other than he beat Duke. And country power level wise it would make more sense to me that way otherwise Switzerland would be an extremely weak former #2 country.
Actually,

The Japan lineup against Switzerland have no chance of winning.

Doubles Matches are dominated by Swiss.

In a Universe, Where Byodoin switched with Akutsu in S3. Byodoin will beat Amadeus.

But even if in S2 Akutsu win against Imaginary Swiss Mser.

In S1, Switzerland will still win with Tatsuta Beating Irie.

Going Back, Yes.

It will be cool if Albert have a Kijin too. And can be same level as Duke.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm pretty sure they one by beating down Gin. Gin doesn't have access to Destroyer mode which is probably the only thing the match shows. And Gin is injured and off the team after the match. So presumably he got taken out, and Albert and Randy were strong enough that Duke couldn't win the 1v2
It ended 6-1.

So yikes. (Even in a 1 V 2)

Maybe Duke is not good in 1 V 2. (Unlike Bismarck)

Or maybe Duke doesnt have Kijin yet. So he is equal to Albert. Then Randy is the difference

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually,

The Japan lineup against Switzerland have no chance of winning.

Doubles Matches are dominated by Swiss.

In a Universe, Where Byodoin switched with Akutsu in S3. Byodoin will beat Amadeus.

But even if in S2 Akutsu win against Imaginary Swiss Mser.

In S1, Switzerland will still win with Tatsuta Beating Irie.

Going Back, Yes.

It will be cool if Albert have a Kijin too. And can be same level as Duke.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It ended 6-1.

So yikes. (Even in a 1 V 2)

Maybe Duke is not good in 1 V 2. (Unlike Bismarck)

Or maybe Duke doesnt have Kijin yet. So he is equal to Albert. Then Randy is the difference
I think Albert is equal to Pre-Kijin Duke 100% from what we're shown. But Randy is so above Gin and if Gin gets taken out then Duke has no chance.

A good point is when did Duke awaken his Kijin? We simply do not know. Presumably he unlocked it sometimw after his match against Germany because he didn't use it their. Maybe he got it against Tokugawa?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I don't see how Albert being equal to the former French #2 would make the Swiss look weak especially when Albert as at best their 3rd strongest.

Also we can extrapolate more than "He beat Duke"

We know Japan lost and Gin was retired from the Team. Everyone else who left the Team was due to injury besides Akutsu (who would likely still have been benched for a while after tearing up his feet) so we can assume Gin was injured

This tells me that the Swiss knocked out Gin, a d given the 6-1 score, it was likely Early on. This puts Duke in a 2v1 against 2 people with comporable power against him so he loses.