Discussion - Ranking U17 World Cup Coaches | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Ranking U17 World Cup Coaches

Who is the best coach in U17 WC?

• Nanjiroh (Spain)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Mifune (Japan)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Lendoll (Germany)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Jin (Switzerland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greece Coach

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
We always talked about players. But what about Coaches. Who are the best in maximizing his players. Who are the best in game plan rotations?

In my opinion, this will be my ranking:

**MY RANKING**

1.Nanjiroh - Training Spain Players to have Mid Match Evolution when cornered like Ryoma is the best training regimen you can give. This is the first time he is coaching spain. And he was able to climb them up from #4 to #3.

2.Lendoll - Strict Germany Training Regimen has allowed Germany to ranked #1 for multiple years. They also have a strict schedule for all trainings, eating, and even resting. Lendoll also discovered and developed QP

3.Mifune - He is a good motivational and training coach. However the mere fact that he was rolling dice to decide who will play in Quarterfinals (and rounds before that) climb him down in this ranking. No wonder why Japan always lose in recent years, Mifune use dice to select lineups.

4.Jin - He managed to lead Switzerland to second place in all Hser Tournament last WC. Though he was outplayed by USA ( strategy wise) who doesnt even have a coach. Since Ralph is like their playing coach.

5. Greece Coach

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Mifune - While he does leave it to chance in his lineups, his luck seems pretty good. All of his pairs have complementary skills. He's also a great mental coach, helping Oishi and Ryoma reset when pushed to the wall. He's also good at taking his players feelings into account despite his rash attitude

2. Lendoll - Do we know that Lendoll is the same coach who has won them multiple championships? Feels odd Q.P. wouldn't know he was the coach as he's surprised in the flashback. Otherwise he's strategically sound, though Volk seems to do at least 50% of the coaching as well.

3. Nanjirou - While his strategy will work 100% of the time because it's the finals and we need tension, telling players to intentionally lose or hold back on the CHANCE they or their partner could evolve is a terrible strategy. This is most prevalent in Mares who could have solo'd Kin and Ohmagari but was told not too letting Japan lead 6-0, 5-0

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
I mean technically Ralph and QP are not pro in paper. But definitely pro level
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Going back.

I like how Nanjirou is so hands on for each Spain Players. He have a relationship for each regular member. I thought he doesnt have any convo with Sedah. But turns out, he is even the one who gave him the idea of 1 Man Synchro by Hypnosis

Mares, we all know they have like Father and Daughter relationship.

Romeo idolized Nanjirouh even when the former was a kid. And The Coach ordered him to put himself in a dangerous situation.
Nanjiro, Mifune, Lincoln? And Greek Coach:)
Mifune trained Boss, Ryoma, Tokugawa, Ohmigari, Kintaro, and ...
But these players were on his direction!
Boss is his favorite:))
In the other hand Nanjirou trained Mares (so far)
Instructed Sedah, and ...
Plus trained Ryoma!
So Mifune here and Nanjirou there! I smell blood!
And of course Ryoga taught Ryoma as well!
I think it's not bad idea to create threads for coaches as well.
About their ways and ...
Lastly which is number 1!

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
1. Mifune - While he does leave it to chance in his lineups, his luck seems pretty good. All of his pairs have complementary skills. He's also a great mental coach, helping Oishi and Ryoma reset when pushed to the wall. He's also good at taking his players feelings into account despite his rash attitude

2. Lendoll - Do we know that Lendoll is the same coach who has won them multiple championships? Feels odd Q.P. wouldn't know he was the coach as he's surprised in the flashback. Otherwise he's strategically sound, though Volk seems to do at least 50% of the coaching as well.

3. Nanjirou - While his strategy will work 100% of the time because it's the finals and we need tension, telling players to intentionally lose or hold back on the CHANCE they or their partner could evolve is a terrible strategy. This is most prevalent in Mares who could have solo'd Kin and Ohmagari but was told not too letting Japan lead 6-0, 5-0
For Mifune,

Sometimes it worked against them too.

Look at that terrible Against Switzerland and France Lineup.

He really thought Kite and Gin are good enough against Switzerland?!!!
And all of the Genius 5 available, he chose Irie to play against presumably Peter or Kuraraga.

Or maybe that is what the dice suggested.

Even Against France, Japan Doubles lineup are terrible. Mouri and Yanagi? Kimi and Shiraishi???
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For Lendoll, I am assuming this is just his second or third WC. Estimating Qp's backstory.

But yeah. He seems smart. He is like an upgraded version of Shintenhoji's coach or Hyotei's coach
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Adamska here is the coach thread.

I think Nanjirogh is a good coach and #1 in my list

@Ganonslayer101 disagree though because he doesnt like the approach of Nanjiroh forcing his players to put themselves in back against the wall situations. Even if it works.

How about you?

How will you list them?

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Lendoll:
He personally taught Q.P to become an Ultimate weapon for Germany which in return he destroyed everyone at the other side of the net.
That aside along Volk, he searches for top junior players around the world and find Tezuka!
His system of training is interesting as well:
Working Working and working out all the time:
While Spanish were on street and Japanese relaxing:)
And ofc: all those top players, playing against each other which was interesting way to make everyone growing.
The way he chooses Elmir and Frank!
Only the best or go without!

Mifune:
Like he did in the camp.
There are ten, so if beat em, your ten!
He does lots of gambling, more like trust his instic, let Monster played vs Amadeus or etc.
While trying out, he gives the players some kind of freedom and let them to step forward.
He is not using the best, he is using the best he can hope to get out of players, that is the gamble!

His way vs Lendoll:
I do not stand a weak player! says: Lendoll
Mifune: You are welcome to show me that you are strong
Now Nanjirou:
Not much information.
He instructed Mares a lot, then put Sedah along side her, but the thing is:
He trained Mares and knows her well.
The instructed Others as well the way he did to Ryoma, but in the end, Sedah couldn't done it without Mares (Nanjirou idea) and last moment he returns the favor (Nanjirou again).
In this match Nanjirou wins!
First match hasn't to do with neither Nanjirou nor Mifune!

So Nanjirou is open, let's see what else he got