Feedback - RE: Proofreading function | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback RE: Proofreading function

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I got PM'd by a proofreader requesting to proofread my work, and I thought that MH had a system for this in place so that they could directly proofread from my TL post or something and the system would also recognise their work automatically.

However, I found that I had to PM my script to my proofreader, and have them send it back.

Not only is sending a large script through PM annoying, it's also difficult to read.
Also, when I post up the TL, there is no recognition provided for the work that the proofreader has done.

Any chance on changing this so that a proofreader can directly edit my post, and then uncheck the 'need's proofing' box, and have their name as a contributing party towards the work?

Much thanks.

(I'm so paranoid, am I missing some part of the system that's already in place?)

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I agree with BakaHaze's suggestion above. If it is true that the translator has to send the translation script to the proofreader, I think it takes longer for the whole process to be finished. If proofreaders can edit the status of the translation and get proper credit, things can be organized easier. Maybe the proofreader just need to PM the translator that s/he has finished proofreading certain chapter. :)

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I like this idea of integrating the translation and proofreading process on MH a lot :) It would indeed be great if the translation system could be tweaked to allow proofreaders to be able to click a "proofread" button or something on the translation, then edit as necessary and then post it as a proofread version. It would be nice if users could simply click a button on the translation to get taken to the proofread version, and likewise click a button on the proofread version to get taken to the original translation. (I would still want the original, non-proofed version to be available as there are times where the proofreader accidentally misunderstands the translator's meaning and edits it to something the translator didn't mean)

It probably can be done, but unfortunately is unlikely to be high on the tech's priority list as they're still ironing out some vb4 bugs :sweat