Reason of difference between tower borns and Irregulars | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Reason of difference between tower borns and Irregulars

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Irregulars are an invasive species to the tower, with inherent advantages allowing them to displace and wipe out indigenous life.

Ancients have become an endangered species in their own natural habitat.

With irregulars introducing something not unlike -climate change- to the lowest 134 floors.
"Hey, don't look down on flowers. At least they're just way better than wicked cats like you. Did you know? Before history, only machines and plants existed in the tower. I'm not interested in that sort of thing. There's a saying that the first humans were born from plants. That's why they're called the great plants (origin). These plants, so to speak, are like our parents."

That bit yamas mother said gives away the plot on this angle. The plant kingdom probably evolved into human like creatures in the tower and meanwhile the empire favored those and wiped out ancient species which were a threat to them.

CountDookoe

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
the biggest difference is a ireggulare can complete the purpose of the tower, the tower borns cannot!

Glowstuff

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think there are two big differences.

1. The Tower doesn't typically let weak people in. Typically as far as we know. It's assumed Rachel got in because of Baam

2. They're not restricted by the same contracts that binds the Regulars.

It's not enough to just be an irregular you also have to be sufficiently strong. (Gustang looks down on Rachel, and Rei doesn't even seem to acknowledge her existence) Right now I'm assuming the FH's may know about Rachel as well, but they view her as just another insect since she is weak. (seriously, if they don't know about her they are dunces)

Also, Rei was unwilling to acknowledge Baam as a "person" until he proved his strength.

Reminds me that years ago during one of SIU blogpost Q&A someone asked how many irregulars were in the Tower and SIU responded that it is unknown. Probably doesn't mean anything, but something to keep in mind.

DrukenT

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
The regulars = followed rules of the tower
The irregulars = don't followed the rules.

Dutchy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think a hint of this is given during the floor of death arc. Gustang refers to the souls there as tiny... I'd say the implication there is that gustang for instance would have a huge soul. Urek doesn't exactly object too hard to gustang's comments about the tower's inferior beings, he just doesn't like the utter disdain gustang has for them.
I thought about something similar. Souls are definitely some sort of currency in the tower. Absorbing and burning souls to boost power, soul extraction and ignition weapons etc.

White refers to souls as either delicious or filthy and that Bam's soul alone would instantly elevate him to FH power.

Interestingly, TOG never explicitly states what happens to the soul after death other than if they're trapped before migrating.

Are irregulars fallen angels or does their power come from being a sinner? Blue Thyrasa said that Bam's power is derived from his gluttonous nature. Urek is full of pride, Blossom is slothful, Eduan is lustful...