News - Red Hawk Edited Mangas Recieves DMCA notice | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

News Red Hawk Edited Mangas Recieves DMCA notice

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Shueisha was founded specifically to publish magazines, it is hardly surprising that they publish the most popular manga magazine. Hakusensha is also part of the Hitotsubashi Group and founded by Shueisha.

Muda Scantrad has dropped Rosaria to Vampire Season II: http://mudascantradreleases.blogspot.com/2012/02/sad-announcement.html. This appears to be a voluntary move done to avoid receiving a cease and desist order.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Shueisha was founded specifically to publish magazines, it is hardly surprising that they publish the most popular manga magazine. Hakusensha is also part of the Hitotsubashi Group and founded by Shueisha.
Yeah, as well as Shodensha :nod

Shogakukan actually started entertainment magazines because of Shueisha, and that's when they became rivals prior to them being grouped together.

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
\

I don't think redhawk is going to stop Editing all together but its likely the reader will cease to exist.

I never really went through the old ways, all the exposure I got from manga was from the readers. Surely everything back to IRC might be good but
manga popularity might drop(on the net anyway) . With mangastream down, I think the day when mf and mr gets take down is sooner than we think.
Only problem with Alpha is that it is in the US only + huge time lag , other than that I would really support it.

Asgaroth

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i don't see a point why mf and mr should be put down, which would be the case if they were registed in the us or europe. but with acta coming up it isn't important which the resident of the provider is anymore, so let's hope the us congress don't do something stupid, which would be hated by the people.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Looks like ACTA is going to collapse anyway, so that hardly matters. Germany has refused to ratify the bill, along with Poland, Bulgaria, and the Netherlands (as of the most recent article I read). Without German support the bill is basically dead in the water.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

\

I don't think redhawk is going to stop Editing all together but its likely the reader will cease to exist.

I never really went through the old ways, all the exposure I got from manga was from the readers. Surely everything back to IRC might be good but
manga popularity might drop(on the net anyway) . With mangastream down, I think the day when mf and mr gets take down is sooner than we think.
Only problem with Alpha is that it is in the US only + huge time lag , other than that I would really support it.
They are still posting new chapters to Batoto. No more files on their server, which hopefully means that VIZ can not file suit.

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nothing against that, but do you really think germans vote is that important against other "giants" like french, britain and the whole usa? besides germany has something against the current acta, not against the thought in generally. it's a wonder that our goverment is currently against acta, something i didn't thought that it would happen at all.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The US has already passed ACTA, we are out of the equation. Not all European Union states have ratified the treaty yet, which means that the treaty can not be presented to the European Parliament and Council. With so many countries stopping the process of ratification it appears that Europe will not take part in the treaty, essentially rendering it dead. Germany is the most powerful state in the EU, as can be seen in the Greece bailout crisis, Germany can to some degree dictate policy course in Europe.

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Germany is the most powerful state in the EU, as can be seen in the Greece bailout crisis, Germany can to some degree dictate policy course in Europe.
Germany is now the powerful state in the EU, but with the greece bailout can a powerfullness very difficult.

Anyway, ACTA is a little good thing, but the details is very fuzzy/unclear.

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Germany is the most powerful state in the EU, as can be seen in the Greece bailout crisis, Germany can to some degree dictate policy course in Europe.
That's something you can't compare that easily. Great Britain doesn't has the Euro, so they don't count. France was the only powerful left, who had a lot of problems itself, that it merely followed germanys decisions. something that wold change, if they and britain were totally against it. but to end the "what if" scenario, the treaty won't pass in europe this time... but is that really important? if it passed in the us, then later (maybe in 5 or 10 years) will it be used in europe as well, if it shows to be successful resultion for the piracy problem.

Ikari

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
First of all, I might be new, but can we keep politics out of this since it's irrelevant to the thread?

i don't see a point why mf and mr should be put down, which would be the case if they were registed in the us or europe. but with acta coming up it isn't important which the resident of the provider is anymore, so let's hope the us congress don't do something stupid, which would be hated by the people.
It doesn't matter, Japan still owns the copyright and has the right to send a C&D letter to the scanslators, Berne convention anyone? If I am right to believe ACTA is simply a way to enforce the copyright.

The reason why everyone hates mangafox is that as far as I know they make a nice profit out of hosting other people's work, fan translations were never about profit, usually it was to promote the series and hopefuly see it licensed, I know that sadly that hasn't been the case in a while.

They are still posting new chapters to Batoto. No more files on their server, which hopefully means that VIZ can not file suit.
Yes they can, they're still violating the copyright. Seriously, I've been around for ages and back in the early days everyone knew that this stuff wasn't legal. The more people flaunt scanslations with online readers etc. the more reason the japanese publishers and the licensors will have to go after the scanslators.

I thought batoto was about being a nicer alternative, why the heck post scans there if a licensor sent a C&D letter...

TemplateR

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mangafox removed following Mangas:

• Naruto
  • Bleach
  • One Piece
  • Toriko
  • Bakuman
  • Nurarihyon no Mago

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
↑ Mangafox too, huh. I can't say I'm surprised, and I expect whoever is in charge of the site is trying to play it safe before they get a warning as well.

I've read comments during the Onemanga fiasco that said even if publishers take down manga hosting sites, Edited Manga groups will stay remain. Now it seems that the big guys aren't afraid of hunting down Edited Manga groups anymore. :/

Sometimes there are multiple groups translating a single series so I think the readers are still safe. We just have to click a couple of more pages for releases now.

wintercry

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sometimes there are multiple groups translating a single series so I think the readers are still safe. We just have to click a couple of more pages for releases now.
Quite the opposite though. They target anything that archives chapters. And that is, of course, the readers.

Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Quite the opposite though. They target anything that archives chapters. And that is, of course, the readers.
I think you misunderstood me there. I meant that we, the readers, are still able to get our releases from other Edited Mangas groups even if one bites the dust. I used to read Naruto from a group that ran on Blogspot, but when they disbanded, I switched over to Mangastream.

If you meant any legal repercussions readers might face, I still think there's nothing we should be afraid of. Publishers will only know if we consume scans if they hack into our computers and look at our files/browser history.

Last edited:
Reactions: xi0