Shounen - Red Hood by Kawaguchi Yuuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Red Hood by Kawaguchi Yuuki

Samurai Rider

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England

Unique art captures the unfolding battle between hunters and werewolves. Who will win this battle to the death, man or beast? This grim fantasy tale with tons of style begins the hunt in Shonen Jump!

(Source: MANGA Plus)

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen

Samurai Rider

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
This was a nice first chapter, an improvement over the one shot in terms of art and writing, I like how Grimm is more of a hard ass this time around, not trying to be a hero, but also not seeing Werewolves as pure evil and acknowledging they’re just eating humans to survive like most living creatures.

The allusions to the Brothers Grimm’s version of Little Red Riding Hood were neat, in that version of the Fairy Tale, Little Red Riding Hood and her grandmother were eaten by the wolf but they were saved when a huntsman cut open the wolf’s stomach. The three then filled the wolf's belly with rocks which ended up killing it, not nearly as metal as it is here with Grimm leaving a bomb inside the wolf. That double page spread was sick.

Grimm appears to be named after Wilhelm Grimm and Jacob Grimm (Brothers Grimm) two authors who together collected and published folklore, one of those being Little Red Riding Hood which they published in Grimms' Fairy Tales.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought this was good. I like this art style, so that's instantly appealing for me. The narrative isn't reinventing the wheel, but the theme could allow it to go some rather interesting places.