Voting Round 2 - Reiju Vinsmoke vs. Akari Kawamoto | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Reiju Vinsmoke vs. Akari Kawamoto

Who wins?

• Reiju Vinsmoke

• Akari Kawamoto

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
holy crap what the hell is that potato faced thing next to reiju!? ALL OF THE NOPE! ALL OF IT!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Akari's turn :zomg

Don't be shy :derp

……………...

Intro
"When I first came here I felt like I was in a dream. Sounds became muted, and everything seemed to flicker in black and white. Then after a while I realized that...it was just my anxiety, living by myself in this unfamiliar place. But...after I made some friends...the other side of the bridge became filled with life and color."

No, this is not a quote by Akari. This is something said by the protagonist of 3-gatsu no Lion, Rei, when thinking about how despite all his personal anguish, he feels like he has a place he can go to now. This place being the home of Akari and her two other sisters. So you're probably wondering what that has to do with Akari and any redeeming waifu qualities, well simply put, its because of Akari and her unparalleled kindess that the simple act of helping a young boy off the ground ended up setting off a chain reaction of events that would end up having a positive effect on his life.

It's not everyday that you can expect a pretty lady to pick you up off the ground, take you to her house because you are a mess and then wake up surrounded by a loving family offering you something to eat.

"Even though they told me to come over any time I'd like, can I really? It's as if I have a place to go now...with these words alone...I'm so happy."

Again, those are Rei's words. What Akari's action did was serve as the catalyst that provoked change. Positive change in someone's life.

-Helping someone helpless off the ground is one thing.
-Helping someone helpless off the ground and bringing them over to your home to rest and offering them a meal is another thing.
-Helping someone helpless off the ground and bringing them over to your home to rest and offering them a meal and subsequently continuing to invite them and forming a bond where they each play a role in each other's lives, now that is something.

Plus, its not everyday you have someone(who isn't obligated or responsible for you) looking out for your health making sure you're always fed.

Or someone who will help you throw up, yes, you read that right.

Miscellaneous
Affectionate? Check.

Reads to kitties? Check.

Has a little sass to her? Check.

Supportive? Check.

Supportive would be an understatement, trust me. Bullying and its effects on the Kawamoto family is something that is depicted in the series, and to avoid further spoilers, I'll leave it at that.

Has her own figure? Check.

:kappa
You can ignore this point.

Please Read Dis Homie
I'll stop here for now. There are some other things best saved for another post.
In the meantime while you ponder your vote(if you are) think of Akari as a superhero dressed as a normal person. I say this because despite economic issues, familial issues, the emotional scars, and the doubt of whether she is capable of helping those she cares about, we are reminded of the young woman who shouldered an enormous responsibility, and even with the failures, the tears, you can't help but feel at ease, and in love of course
:hurr:blush

Vote for Akari!!!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Reiju, no doubt

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
love them both, its the same issue than Re-l vs Hana, both are caring sisters, reiju is one of the most interesting character lately introduced in op, akari is an extremely sweet character, maybe 3-gatsu deserves some more recognition, im torn for this match too

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan

……………...

Intro
"When I first came here I felt like I was in a dream. Sounds became muted, and everything seemed to flicker in black and white. Then after a while I realized that...it was just my anxiety, living by myself in this unfamiliar place. But...after I made some friends...the other side of the bridge became filled with life and color."

No, this is not a quote by Akari. This is something said by the protagonist of 3-gatsu no Lion, Rei, when thinking about how despite all his personal anguish, he feels like he has a place he can go to now. This place being the home of Akari and her two other sisters. So you're probably wondering what that has to do with Akari and any redeeming waifu qualities, well simply put, its because of Akari and her unparalleled kindess that the simple act of helping a young boy off the ground ended up setting off a chain reaction of events that would end up having a positive effect on his life.

It's not everyday that you can expect a pretty lady to pick you up off the ground, take you to her house because you are a mess and then wake up surrounded by a loving family offering you something to eat.

"Even though they told me to come over any time I'd like, can I really? It's as if I have a place to go now...with these words alone...I'm so happy."

Again, those are Rei's words. What Akari's action did was serve as the catalyst that provoked change. Positive change in someone's life.

-Helping someone helpless off the ground and bringing them over to your home to rest and offering them a meal is another thing.
-Helping someone helpless off the ground and bringing them over to your home to rest and offering them a meal and subsequently continuing to invite them and forming a bond where they each play a role in each other's lives, now that is something.

Plus, its not everyday you have someone(who isn't obligated or responsible for you) looking out for your health making sure you're always fed.

Miscellaneous
Affectionate? Check.

Reads to kitties? Check.

Supportive? Check.

Supportive would be an understatement, trust me. Bullying and its effects on the Kawamoto family is something that is depicted in the series, and to avoid further spoilers, I'll leave it at that.

Please Read Dis Homie
I'll stop here for now. There are some other things best saved for another post.
In the meantime while you ponder your vote(if you are) think of Akari as a superhero dressed as a normal person. I say this because despite economic issues, familial issues, the emotional scars, and the doubt of whether she is capable of helping those she cares about, we are reminded of the young woman who shouldered an enormous responsibility, and even with the failures, the tears, you can't help but feel at ease, and in love of course

Vote for Akari!!!
$sold$

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Akari looks too plain. #TeamReiju

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Reiju is a fantastic character no doubt, i like her a lot. but still hesitating, Akari needs more love (havent voted yet ) but i know 3-gatsu was not very popular here,.
Akari is really a great person, just a normal person, no out of norm physical appearance, a young woman who is strong willed sometimes but sensitive, she is the one who raised her sisters after her mother died, shes the one who creates this hearwarming place for her family and for Rei, she is the one who felt helpless when her sister got some certain issues. Shes really a kind person that deserves a lot more attention. Please dont judge her beacause she has no super powers except her smile that she has no fancy hair, no sexy outfit, but shes the still one of the most beautiful, and bc shes just like us.

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

……………...
Intro"When I first came here I felt like I was in a dream. Sounds became muted, and everything seemed to flicker in black and white. Then after a while I realized that...it was just my anxiety, living by myself in this unfamiliar place. But...after I made some friends...the other side of the bridge became filled with life and color."

Miscellaneous
Affectionate? Check.

Reads to kitties? Check.

Supportive? Check.

Please Read Dis Homie
Vote for Akari!!!
She has nice boobs. She gets my vote.

And Reiju's eyebrows are just weird..... :notrust

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Reiju is a fantastic character no doubt, i like her a lot. but still hesitating, Akari needs more love (havent voted yet ) but i know 3-gatsu was not very popular here,.
Akari is really a great person, just a normal person, no out of norm physical appearance, a young woman who is strong willed sometimes but sensitive, she is the one who raised her sisters after her mother died, shes the one who creates this hearwarming place for her family and for Rei, she is the one who felt helpless when her sister got some certain issues. Shes really a kind person that deserves a lot more attention. Please dont judge her beacause she has no super powers except her smile that she has no fancy hair, no sexy outfit, but shes the still one of the most beautiful, and bc shes just like us.

Wow, you watched 3-gatsu and you are hesitating when her opponent is Reiju? Disappointed... :bnah

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
How could I not vote for the @Gryffindor nomination after saying that I look forward to his nomination
How could I not vote for Akari

……………...

Intro

Miscellaneous
Affectionate? Check.

Reads to kitties? Check.

Supportive? Check.

Please Read Dis Homie

Vote for Akari!!!

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

I gotta say, with those feats of picking up strangers off the street, preparing them meals when they come to, and even helping them throw up, she sure sounds like waifu material. :blush

If you're a drunk hobo :grumble Or have a mother complex. Or both.

Not sure I'd appreciate her doing that with everyone she meets, though. :lambirb But if there isn't gonna be any campaigning for Reiju...

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I gotta say, with those feats of picking up strangers off the street, preparing them meals when they come to, and even helping them throw up, she sure sounds like waifu material. :blush

Vandred said:
If you're a drunk hobo :grumble Or have a mother complex. Or both.

Not sure I'd appreciate her doing that with everyone she meets, though. :lambirb But if there isn't gonna be any campaigning for Reiju...

Now, now, let's not get it twisted :nono

Rei is neither a drunk hobo nor has a mother complex. He's actually a professional Shogi player who was taken advantage of where Akari works at.

And she doesn't do that with everyone she meets. Rei is the first(and only) person she has ever brought home. Before she would bring home stray cats and feed them or as they say in the series "plump them up" because she finds "plump things" adorable.

Also about the throwing up thing:

See red circles.

Just means she's the kind of woman you'll lay your emotions bare for :thumbs

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I don’t even know the other one, but as someone who always claims One Piece as my most beloved manga I have to say Reiju is the most overrated character in years.

Point goes to the other one.

(Also, nice campaigning @Gryffindor and @Erinyes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.