Shoujo - Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

The newest two chapters feel very strange for me. Is it only me? Caesar was pushing himself way too hard that it became a bit unnatural. Nakaba was getting very clingy and weak... Maybe she was just afraid because of what she saw through her arcana of Caesar, but I thought she was usually stronger than this? The pages were kind of 'wasted'; I thought some panels or scenes could've been compacted and in return we can see more advance in the plot...

..Then the chapter ended just like that. :fail

Oh, I'm actually hoping something will happen to them on the bed. :hurr
Nah, give it up. Caesar is still a boy. :lmao

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

The newest two chapters feel very strange for me. Is it only me? Caesar was pushing himself way too hard that it became a bit unnatural. Nakaba was getting very clingy and weak... Maybe she was just afraid because of what she saw through her arcana of Caesar, but I thought she was usually stronger than this? The pages were kind of 'wasted'; I thought some panels or scenes could've been compacted and in return we can see more advance in the plot...

..Then the chapter ended just like that. :fail
I think Caesar feels that he can no longer bear the regret over his brother's death and Nakaba becomes like that because she fears that if she lets Caesar go, he will die and it will be her arcana's fault. She already bears a heavy burden with her arcana, and until now her arcana doesn't really help anybody and with Caesar's brother's death, she feels more burdened by her arcana.

Nah, give it up. Caesar is still a boy. :lmao
Well, it's not wrong to hope. :hurr

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I despair. :scry

I feel like choking someone after I read this chapter! Щ(ºДºщ)

Nakaba finds out the truth about Loki and how he feels... I feel pity towards him, but at the same time, I know he's very dangerous. Can we say he's a very possessive one? Though possessive seems like an understatement... :derp He'll do everything, everything, for her. If I am Nakaba, I can't help but to feel terror, though again at the same time, he has done so much that it is almost impossible to hate him... I don't know anymore. (」゚ペ)」

And that preview for the next chapter now make things worse, though it can also give us interesting development... Loki or Caesar... Personally, I hope that she will choose Caesar for obvious reasons... I wonder what Loki will do... :oh

Zatono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

...I should catch up with this.

Nakaba being with Caesar has to happen. Even though I haven't read the latest chapters I'm still sure that's the only viable route.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

THANK GOODNESS!!! SHE CHOOSES CAESAR!! :yay :x3 :asa

:wtf

That's the way to go, girl! :XD The thing I like about Nakaba as the heroine is that she knows what she wants (unlike some stupid other heroines). She knows and understands the things Loki did for her, but she loves Caesar more...
My heart actually went dokidoki when Loki posed that question. I love the way Nakaba answered: she didn't say anything but she ran towards Caesar and said that she loves him. My heart broke a little when I saw Loki's expression, but well... my happiness for Nakaba and Caesar was greater. I grinned hard when I see Caesar's expression. He must be a bit confused as to why Nakaba suddenly ran into him and say she loves him. :grin
Oh, and Caesar didn't want to leave without seeing Nakaba first. :blush It's interesting to see the Caesar in the past through Nakaba's arcana, and the Caesar now. He has changed a lot, and it's for the better. Nakaba's power doesn't only lie in her arcana power, but also her heart.

But now, I have this bad feeling... Usually after a great moment like this, something really bad will happen.... :s Though I don't think Loki will do anything bad. I guess after all, he really want Nakaba to be happy, even if it means she choose someone else other than him.

Whatever happens later, I'll just enjoy this happiness. I can't stop smiling...

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Poor, poor Nakaba. :crying

Her time arcana is really a heavy burden... She must be really anguished to choose. It's unfair, really... I admit the second prince (I forget his name) though.. He willingly sacrifices himself to save Ahkil, but why should it be like that?
I wonder how this will affect Nakaba in the future... will she be afraid to use this power? will she be broken?
And it seems Caesar develops some kind of telepathy? When Nakaba feels really saddened, he seems to be able to feel it.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

What a depressing chapter. We had to wait for a long time and when it was out... Too much sadness.

I don't know, I kinda lost the feeling to this series a while ago. Perhaps because the waiting time between chapters is a bit too long and the story's pace is rather slow. But yeah, poor Nakaba. She's very close to breaking down, especially without Caesar around.

Telepathy? Oh, man. How sweet. :XD

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

What a depressing chapter. We had to wait for a long time and when it was out... Too much sadness.

I don't know, I kinda lost the feeling to this series a while ago. Perhaps because the waiting time between chapters is a bit too long and the story's pace is rather slow. But yeah, poor Nakaba. She's very close to breaking down, especially without Caesar around.

Telepathy? Oh, man. How sweet. :XD
Indeed. I'm also starting to lose the feeling. The last time I felt so excited was when Nakaba has to choose between Loki and Caesar. :oh Now, Caesar is gone. I just... I don't know. I'm just hoping the story won't turn tragic.

Sweet indeed. It's kinda funny how much their relationship has changes if you remember how they were when they first met.

---------- Post added December 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was December 08, 2012 at 01:12 PM ----------

The new two chapters... I feel like crying blood... :crying
Now I keep getting the vibe that this series is turning into a tragedy...
I understand their reasons for the marriages, but it's just too sad... Especially for Nakaba... Maybe the power is convenient, it lets her see Caesar (while Caesar cannot see her) but doesn't it bring more torment? I mean, being able to see him but not to touch him... And he will not hear or see or touch her... :scry
Oh, I'm getting more depressed now because of this story... I really wish strongly that whatever their plans are, it will go smoothly and they can be with each other again...

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

The plot is so depressing that I have no feelings left around and read it just for the sake of knowing what will happen. I didn't expect it to come like this when I first started reading it, and at this point it feels like a happy ending is a bit impossible (although there's still a chance that it can be happy). I truly hope that Nakaba can find happiness; I mean, all of these sufferings is just...

I wonder what will happen when they finally meet with each other. How painful it must be for both...

/leaves the thread in depressed mood

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Even though things turn tragic, somehow if the story doesn't go this way, it won't be as realistic as it is now. No matter how much we want to deny it, for royals like Nakaba and Caesar, sometimes duty comes first. They shoulder the fate of the nations after all.
I feel like this series' plot becomes similar to novel's, you know? In the novels, things get worse first before the characters find a way to solve the problem. This will also lead to character's development. Do you see how much depth the characters have now? Everyone of them have a dark past and fear that get in the way of their happiness. These things create conflicts that may not seem so big compared to the biggest threat, but actually these personal confrontations with self influence greatly how things will happen.
At first, I thought this series will be similar to other shoujo series with similar plot but it turns out that the mangaka exceeds my expectation. Despite how things are now, I think this series becomes more gripping and intense because of them. People somehow can relate easier to heartbreaking stories, don't you think?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Yeah, I can understand. I just hope it won't turn to be too depressing like Bride of the Water God. :s

But, yeah, I do feel the fact that there's so much sadness going on for the characters make the story different. At least the sadness and problems coming are real, they make sense. Special power doesn't always mean it can be used for good, and Nakaba has been suffering since before because of the power. And somehow, people around her as well. I think that torments her quite lot.

I wonder if we will see her power gone somehow. She seems like she's going to love that. Do we, readers, want to see her Arcana gone, I wonder. :3

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I wonder if we will see her power gone somehow. She seems like she's going to love that. Do we, readers, want to see her Arcana gone, I wonder. :3
For me, it depends. I don't want to see her power gone now that there are still so much more for her to do... and maybe, we will see why she has the arcana of time.. so far, we only see how it seems to be a curse, but maybe it's also a gift. Her Arcana still can be explored...

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

For me, it depends. I don't want to see her power gone now that there are still so much more for her to do... and maybe, we will see why she has the arcana of time.. so far, we only see how it seems to be a curse, but maybe it's also a gift. Her Arcana still can be explored...
Well, not now, obviously. She needs the power to complete her plan with Caesar. Yeah, that's an interesting point too. How the power ended up with her, and just like the other arcana users. I think arcana powers are supposed to be a gift, lol. But Nakaba was born with a bad fate in the beginning because of her hair and so on with her history. It feels like time arcana only makes it worse.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Last chapter for this serie has been published in the japanese magazine.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Last chapter for this serie has been published in the japanese magazine.
What? I never heard anything about the series ending, really. This is quite a surprise. I hope the Edited Mangas can catch up soon! So curious about this sad and depressing series, haha~

---------- Post added July 21, 2013 at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was July 02, 2013 at 12:03 AM ----------

Just where are we with this story... I lost all connection. At first it was awesome, but maybe because the long period between chapters I began to forget the plot and lost all feelings. Now suddenly Nakaba and Caesar broken up, married others only to win power/position to be together again, Loki having his own arcana, and now a possible romance with Adel? What is this sudden turn of events? And then Nakaba did that... Wow. I just don't know what to say. ^^;

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

From what I understood the author was forced to finished in 13 volumes what she intended to finish in 15. Hence a wacky end.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Argh. I expected something more from Nakaba and Caesar but instead we saw a flashback. So late at this stage. Well, poor King and Queen but I wonder how it'll affect Nakaba's plan...

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I had to catch up a lot of chapters. :derp

Before I get to the depressing things, I'll comment on the omake first: Lemilia, a fujoushi? :teehee Somehow, I can believe that. :XD Though it's kinda disgusting to imagine Ahkil and Caesar... *cough*

Okay, Now onto the depressing part. Loki having his own arcana of time? Okay, that makes me pity him more and more. I feel like crying for his existence. He already has it rough, and now that we know he has arcana of time too, isn't it very sad and lonely? I can't imagine how he can get through each day. His love for Nakaba must be so great. :crying
And Nakaba, thank goodness she's not so heartless. I agree Adel is annoying, but that's not reason enough to kill him. Though I think she also does it partly to save Loki from becoming a monster.
For some reason, Nakaba and Caesar's reunion is not so heartwarming for me. :(
As for the flashback, I think it's indeed important to know someone's past so you'll know the person better and that way, you'll know how to defeat him. But geez, I don't expect that old man to be so handsome in his youth. But again, if he wasn't, then from who does Caesar inherit his looks? And now I see why Cain's mother wanted to be with that old man. He used to be a nice guy, but I guess the death of his wife changed him so much. I think we see now why he hates arcana of time users, though actually that hate is uncalled for. but well, love is blind. *shrug*

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Now we see the reason why Loki also has arcana of time from the latest chapter. I didn't expect that, to be honest. Unfortunately, the plot was too fast for me and that it tasted somehow bitter so it only made things worse. I still feel that we will get a happy ending, though.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I actually don't like where the story is going. Feels a bit rushed to me, and what's with Loki's death?? He just disappears and then the next thing we know, he's dead. He's one of the major characters; he doesn't deserve this kind of fate as a character. This manga was so promising, I feel really sad about this.
I don't think a perfectly happy ending is possible. The best we can get is a bittersweet one, I think.