Character - Remaining Middle Schoolers | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Remaining Middle Schoolers

javimgol

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yep, even that team. Worthless.
Well, the other doubles (Minami-Higashikata) lose in a very close match VS Golden Pair, a national level doubles, and in fact they were considered to be national level pair (http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/93/01/).
The tactic of Yamabuki was having two great doubles and great player in S3.With Akutsu, the team was very good. The problem for me is that Sengoku is really very bad

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The team that beat fuji and taka are nowhere near as good as the Jimmies and they're supposed to be national level! Not too highly rated Im afraid. Sengoku is better in anime im afriad but still...surely Fuji could've won that double match? But then that doesnt sure that Yamabuki is better in both double.

JyAZ

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, the other doubles (Minami-Higashikata) lose in a very close match VS Golden Pair, a national level doubles, and in fact they were considered to be national level pair (http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/93/01/).
The tactic of Yamabuki was having two great doubles and great player in S3.With Akutsu, the team was very good. The problem for me is that Sengoku is really very bad
I think that Konomi messed him up as a character. He had a lot of hype, but he was just a tool for Momo and Kamio to evolve and show their stuff. A waste. I really like his character.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't worry, there is hope with U-17.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I would like a Boxing Sengoku. I liked it in the fillers

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Boxing tennis is stupid because..damn...

Simply put, it only works if your good enough to control the pace of your opponent.

People who utterly destroy pace:

Sanada (Top spin lob painting the fucking baseline routinely? the ultimate killer of pace, so is every single FuuRinKaInZanRai shot)

Ryoma (he's ambidextrous, your not getting into any sort of rythm if he decied to troll you during the match)

Yukimura ( you wouldn't gather pace to begin with)

Tezuka (tezuka zone crushes your pace)

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Boxing tennis is stupid because..damn...

Simply put, it only works if your good enough to control the pace of your opponent.

People who utterly destroy pace:

Sanada (Top spin lob painting the fucking baseline routinely? the ultimate killer of pace, so is every single FuuRinKaInZanRai shot)

Ryoma (he's ambidextrous, your not getting into any sort of rythm if he decied to troll you during the match)

Yukimura ( you wouldn't gather pace to begin with)

Tezuka (tezuka zone crushes your pace)
You put as examples monsters. Sengoku isn't his that level. With (many) lucky (XD) he would be near of the rest of Rikkai-Tachibana level

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
If it only works against certain players it's pointless, and they aren't the only players that can destroy pace.

Oshitari can do it, Atobe wouldn't let you gain any Rhythm, Shiriashi is the same as Atobe etc..

Edit-Tachibana also destroys Rhythm since he usually has his power turned off.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
If it only works against certain players it's pointless, and they aren't the only players that can destroy pace.

Oshitari can do it, Atobe wouldn't let you gain any Rhythm, Shiriashi is the same as Atobe etc..

Edit-Tachibana also destroys Rhythm since he usually has his power turned off.
Atobe and Shiraishi don´t play in the same league as Sengoku.
Oshitari does, and I would really like that match

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Atobe and Shiraishi don´t play in the same league as Sengoku.
Oshitari does, and I would really like that match
Oshitari is above Sengoku in almost every way...

Momo with a cramp beat Sengoku, Momo lost (narrowly) to Oshitari.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oshitari is above Sengoku in almost every way...

Momo with a cramp beat Sengoku, Momo lost (narrowly) to Oshitari.
But we are supposing Sengoku has improved (Oshitori improved since he lost, with Cancer Mukahi as pair, VS "Kikumaru I-cannot-play-6-games-in-a-row-cause-im-exhausted" and "Momo im-here-thanks-to-a-pregnant")

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sengoku lost games to his opponent (richard)

Oshitari bageled his first opponents

Hyotei is just on another level compared to Yamabuki

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hyotei vs Shiten...hmm...
Shiraishi vs Ootori would be cool, but Shiraishi would win.
Gin vs Kabaji....Now that would be interesting.
Kintarou vs Atobe...Atobe. Kintarou's style is awesome, but it would be useless against world of ice.
Chitose vs...Ootori? Since the other good Hyotei players are busy, it would be up to Ootori to fight him. He would win all his service games, and lose all the other games. They would go to a tiebreak. Then whoever is more popular would win.
Zaizen vs Hiyoshi- Now this would be an interesting match.

Zaizen- I WAS THE ONE WITH THE MOST HYPE AND THEREFORE I WAS CLEARLY THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT.

Hiyoshi-DREAM ON. THAT'S MY ONLY TITLE. DON'T YOU DARE TAKE IT FROM ME!

Kenya vs Shishido-Kenya starts winning. Then Shishido goes all Kaidoh on him and wins. By "goes all kaidoh" I mean doesn't give up and makes Kenya stamina go down, by using some kind of new strategy.

Funny tennis guys vs Jirou+Anyone= Jirou. The fact that he is always laughing would throw them off.

Koshikawa vs Taki

Koshikawa: Do I even get a match?
Taki: Shut up. At least you are the vice captain. I'm just the guy who takes care of the money.
Koshikawa: Wait. You take care of the money of the richest school in Japan.
Taki: Yeah so?
Koshikawa: Why are you complaining?
Taki: ....I'll be right back after I buy some popularity.

Did I miss any possible singles match?

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Koshikawa vs Taki
I completely forgotten that guys existed!
I would really love a tournament between them, Arai, the bad player of Rokkaku, the second doubles of Fudoumine (Uchimira and Mori was their names, I have just read it in the manga volume), Anne Tachibana and Dan (they appeared in Crystal Drive for DS!), the other doubles of Higa...I would even accept in that tournament Itsuki, Mukahi and pre-Hadokyyu Kawamura

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I completely forgotten that guys existed!
I would really love a tournament between them, Arai, the bad player of Rokkaku, the second doubles of Fudoumine (Uchimira and Mori was their names, I have just read it in the manga volume), Anne Tachibana and Dan (they appeared in Crystal Drive for DS!), the other doubles of Higa...I would even accept in that tournament Itsuki, Mukahi and pre-Hadokyyu Kawamura
Ann would take the tournament FOR SURE. By the way, what happened to her? You guys think she will appear in the manga?

Is she going to end with Kamio or Momoshiro?
...Or Atobe. I vote for Atobe!

Talking about Kamio though and going back on topic, shame he has to go. Between him and Shinji I'll have Shinji staying any day, but Kamio is still awesome.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ann would take the tournament FOR SURE. By the way, what happened to her? You guys think she will appear in the manga?

Is she going to end with Kamio or Momoshiro?
...Or Atobe. I vote for Atobe!

Talking about Kamio though and going back on topic, shame he has to go. Between him and Shinji I'll have Shinji staying any day, but Kamio is still awesome.
Atobe could flirt with EVERY woman of this planet (well, maybe he would have a problem with Lisbeth Salander), so I don´t think he would stay with Anne.

And about Shinji, what new abilities do you think he had? I would like to have a Spot for legs (it would be perfect for Kamio). Anyway, he should have improved a lot if he wants to be in the level of the rest of the people in the cover. Kintaroh owned him TOO much

Ravsieg

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I see there's been some talk about Sengoku.

I think that his appearances on SH2 and FTST pretty much sum him up.

Top-notch basic stats, As and Bs everywhere. Then there's TONS of "abilities" that bring him down. From neglicence to not giving a crap, there's a lot of stuff that down his stats. I think that if he's leading, overconfidence brings all his stats down by a value. And so on.

Basically, Sengoku is one of the most gifted players of the series. However, he doesn't care, doesn't try, goes down easily. And anyone with a will to win surpasses pure talent, even on real life it's like that. So he's been just used to make other characters grow by having their wins over him considered "big".