Rest in Peace Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rest in Peace Thread

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hey,

I have been promoted to mod/mangahelpers of the mx0 section yesterday, well it should be today or maybe still yesterday?

You can ask everything (total freedom of speech) you want and I'll answer asap (though with sport, student issues it can take some time).

Enjoy yourself (and of course myself)

Last edited:

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: What the superbowl is for americans, that's the round of flanders for us today

Hmm, do you watch football (soccer)? Do you support any clubs? Do you watch any other sports?

And the usual "Whats you favourite" questions:

Anime
Manga
Novel
Film
Game

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: What the superbowl is for americans, that's the round of flanders for us today

Hmm, do you watch football (soccer)? Do you support any clubs? Do you watch any other sports?

And the usual "Whats you favourite" questions:

Anime
Manga
Novel
Film
Game
I certainly love soccer - belgium of course - and also follow the european leagues and champions league

I support Club Brugge and in europe let's say I support for the most beautifull playing soccer clubs: atm man u and arsenal imo

other sports: cycling especially

Favorite anime: for this year gundam 00, last year Tengen and all time FMA
Manga: espcially shounen and seinen but Mx0 is the one that rocks for me the most because it isn't a long running arc manga and it has different genre arcs - comedy, action, ecchi, etc
Novel: I am not a reader but I have always liked my filosofy courses at university
Film: Crash as recent one and pulp fiction as an older one but let's say crash succeeded in getting me emotional
Game: not a gamer though when I was very young I used to play mario bros on the very old nintendo. I have always been an active outside gamer ;)

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Congratz on becoming a Mangahelper, koenosaki, you definately deserve it, with your work making Mx0 popular at MH.

koenosaki said:
for this year gundam 00
Another mod who loves G00.... :hi5 Yah gotta love it. Favourite character and Gundam???

Mx0 is the one that rocks for me the most because it isn't a long running arc manga and it has different genre arcs - comedy, action, ecchi, etc
I quite like Mx0, usual Shounen series, but I like the idea of the plates. What did you think of the latest chapter???

Most looked forward too anime of Spring??
Favourite food??
What languages can you speak??
Favourite manga besides Mx0??

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Congratz on becoming a Mangahelper, koenosaki, you definately deserve it, with your work making Mx0 popular at MH.
thanks a lot

Another mod who loves G00.... :hi5 Yah gotta love it. Favourite character and Gundam???
Imo since it's recent gundam 00 has totally overpowered my thoughts:
1. Setsuna and Lockon
2. Gundam Exia
3. Gundam 00

They simply rule

I quite like Mx0, usual Shounen series, but I like the idea of the plates. What did you think of the latest chapter???
I think it was great on its own for three reasons:
1. kuzumis hairstyle after the effects of hiragiis voice warp
2. to see BM0 in action
3. the end: when hiragii mentioned he forgot something important -> hilarious it will become

Most looked forward too anime of Spring??
Favourite food??
What languages can you speak??
Favourite manga besides Mx0??
Code geass and soul eater
Belgian fries with a good steak
Reborn, one piece, d.g-m and other shounen
Vagabond, Ushijima, Brothers, mushishi and other seinen

French, english, dutch and a bit german

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: A flandrien won the race, but what who can tell me what a flandrien is.

Everyone asks about favourite foods before me ;_;

Hey, how´s Belgium? My boyfriend will study abroad (and I hope I can go with him #D) to take a master's degree in Physics next year or later (it all depends of his research results ^^), and his supervisor wants him to go to Belgium...but he´s not so sure right now ^^ What could you tell us about your country? :)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Everyone asks about favourite foods before me ;_;

Hey, how´s Belgium? My boyfriend will study abroad (and I hope I can go with him #D) to take a master's degree in Physics next year or later (it all depends of his research results ^^), and his supervisor wants him to go to Belgium...but he´s not so sure right now ^^ What could you tell us about your country? :)
Well first of all our country isn't as huge as your country but it has a lot of habitants for its size (together with holland we have one of the highest numbers habitants/km²).

Belgians aren't as chauvenestic as our neighbours (french, dutchmen, germans and englishman) so when a foreigner comes over here we'll always try to do our best to help out and we'll always be very polite (I don't say our neighbours aren't, but it is said that foreign countries always love to see and welcome to belgians). Maybe it's got to do that belgium is a very young country (it's been on it's own since 1830) and we have been ruled over here by spain, austria, france, holland, england, etc -> I always say we don't have an own cultural identity and we picked up the good things from those countries except the positive arrogance our neighbours got (I love them for that)
we are very humble and polite
about belgians
belgians2

We have very good social security and health care - dutchmen near our country come often abroad for that - + our school system is very good too - again the dutchmen often come to study some courses over here because they have participant/student restrictions eg medicins. We are used to talk different foreign languages and when there's a problem you'll certainly be helped in french or in english.

I don't know what kinda food you're used too but you can say our kitchen is similar to the french kitchen.
Our main food and drinks we are known for:
belgian chocolats, belgian beer, french fries (believe me they shouldn't be called french), stewery, meat (steak), etc; etc

About studying I can't say that much about the french speaking part of the country but in dutch speaking part: you have antwerp, brussels, gent and Leuven. Antwerp and Gent are bigger cities and the student life will be spread out in the city and there's more foreigners (students/none-students) over there in contrast to leuven which is a student city/campus on its own with less foreigners (mostly students). gent is something in between them. Of course european cities are always beautifull with a lot of cultural.

Irony: I am getting chauvenestic myself. if you have any specific questions, glad to help you out

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Well I can see you're very proud of your country, lol. That's good.

Anyway, congratulations on becoming a mod here and good luck with MX0. I'm going to assume you are more of an anime watcher than a manga reader since you did not list very many manga favorites. But I'm going to ask anyway, is there any other mangas that you like as well, besides MX0?

Also, favorite MX0 character and chapters so far? (Spoiler-tag the reasons if you please though ^^; )

And where is your current avatar from?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Well I can see you're very proud of your country, lol. That's good.

Anyway, congratulations on becoming a mod here and good luck with MX0. I'm going to assume you are more of an anime watcher than a manga reader since you did not list very many manga favorites. But I'm going to ask anyway, is there any other mangas that you like as well, besides MX0?

Also, favorite MX0 character and chapters so far? (Spoiler-tag the reasons if you please though ^^; )

And where is your current avatar from?
1. Well it's kinda the opposite I am more a manga reader then an anime watcher. Maybe there's too much manga I read to give them all.
Gintama, Keikaishi, PoT, Es21, ushijima, Reborn, naruto, bleach, d.g-m, doubt, psyren, double arts, one piece, brothers, variante, mushishi, deadman, bloody monday, saint seiya episode G and lost canvas, tokyo tribe, TRC, fairy tail, king of bandits jing, shaman king, samurai deeper kyo, gundam the origin, muhyo to roujie, desert punk (sunabozu), konjiki no gash, yumiharu, sasameke, shiki, kurenai, tales of innocence, luck stealer,... and lots of others I can't come up with some of them i read as scans and buy as volumes, others only as scan or as volumes

2.Mx0 characters:
Ise kaoru
the pervert with great pervy/ecchi scenes in the beginning
Kuzumi - great main character
everyone believes he's great magic user but in fact his magical skill is 0
Hayao tsugawa - not a lot of screentime but the times you see him, then you know what kinda personality I got
Naomi Mizuki and lucy as the favorite females

Mx0 chapters:
first of all Mx0 chapters are really different from time to time. Once it's mainly comedy, other times there's more action in it, etc but if I have to choose for comedy and ecchi -> the first 23 chapters
choose for actions -> the class matches, forgot the chapters - I think around 40
great to see some magical attacks and fights. Certainly they count on kuzumi because he's a "gold plate" user to win this and it has to be kuzumi can't use any magic at all

3. my current avater:
Lancia from reborn. Why? Well if there's a character in a manga which deserves more screen time and doesn't get it then it's lancia from katekyo hitman reborn
Of course he gets enough of screen time thanks to me ;) -> the same for Mx0 :D

Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

so, you're like tsugawa? do you find that you tend to like characters that remind you of yourself? i'm very laid-back and, to some extent, i think i gravitate towards characters that are like myself ;)

congrats on becoming a mod for mx0! :confetti though it's not surprising seeing as you've done a lot to promote it. your sig works very well......i'm one of its victims ^^

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

so, you're like tsugawa? do you find that you tend to like characters that remind you of yourself? i'm very laid-back and, to some extent, i think i gravitate towards characters that are like myself ;)

congrats on becoming a mod for mx0! :confetti though it's not surprising seeing as you've done a lot to promote it. your sig works very well......i'm one of its victims ^^
thanks
:D maybe I should start to make a list with all my mx0 banner victims -> many people say it's that way they started to know mx0. But credits to raijatsu for making such a great banner.

I think many characters always have something you can recognise yourself in but I think there's always one character that pops up the most among them.
eg: in your case - laid back no wonder you pick shikamaru as an avatar

Tsugawa is really extreme, it isn't one but many characterestics in him I recognise in myself
eg: optimism, energetic and other more specific things
eg so obvious a girl gives him hints she has a crush on him and the guy doesn't see that - well be damned I can talk about that too
And yeah I tend to like them because I can find myself in it (it's a bit loving yourself hé)
but I also tend to like characters who are truly opposed to me (I sometimes admire my ennemie, opponent, antagonist)

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

So, from past conversations, I remember that you're an NFL fan. What'd you think of this past years Super Bowl?

What are you looking forward to for this season?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

So, from past conversations, I remember that you're an NFL fan. What'd you think of this past years Super Bowl?
Very great, lots of tension, a superb owl (playing with the language). I wanted to talk about it saturday but it was so late back then. Forgive me if I make mistakes, I think:
1. The giants did a great job on defence strategy: brady couldn't do his play as QB. I think he must have been very depressed at the end of the game. The sacks, etc -> ouch, always painfull for a QB.
2. And I certainly didn't expect the giants to come back after the patriots last touchdown. But Manning was the man, he did a great job as a QB and I certainly won't forget his last passes - the yards they gaind - and how he succeeded get himself free in that crowd

Imo the giants deserved to win

What are you looking forward to for this season?
Well atm I am so focused on the NBA and the LA Lakers but for you I certainly hope the best for the Baltimore Ravens (if I am correct your team. No?). I'll burn a candle and play so they can play upcoming seasons super bowl ;)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Any team that goes against the odds and a confident team like the Patriots that had so much hype surrounding it and hang in there 'til the end, come back to win it... yup I agree with you, Giants deserved to win that. I don't think even Patriots fans will dispute that, especially after Eli's throw to Tyree, heh.

Definitely the most memorable Super Bowl for me in a long time, second only to the Rams-Titans Super Bowl back in 2000 (for the wrong reasons, lol.)

Why does somebody in Belgium like NFL football? ;)

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Any team that goes against the odds and a confident team like the Patriots that had so much hype surrounding it and hang in there 'til the end, come back to win it... yup I agree with you, Giants deserved to win that. I don't think even Patriots fans will dispute that, especially after Eli's throw to Tyree, heh.

Definitely the most memorable Super Bowl for me in a long time, second only to the Rams-Titans Super Bowl back in 2000 (for the wrong reasons, lol.)

That's what I asked....maybe NFL Europa served some purpose in the end? :o

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

That's what I asked....maybe NFL Europa served some purpose in the end? :o
Well there are several reasons:
1. I am a sports guy and I like to watch all kind of sports: volleyball, basket, american footbal, tennis, athletics, cyclism, K-1, motorcross, formula 1, etc let's say even curling. Why? Imo every sports has its own game, rules and emotions but in sports there's one thing I like the most and they all have in commong: It's all about winning and the winner takes it all
2. Is a bit madness: over here in europe lots of people say - american football stupid players, blah blah blah. Come on those guys aren't stupid. If you have to know the playbook, lots of tactics, running lines, etc that's what I wouldn't call stupidity but I would call it more genial
3. The rugby effect I don't like: in rugby the pass has to be sided or has to go behind you. You can kick the ball forward but mostly that's useless. As a soccer fan, I support that thin in AF more than rugby: play forward by playing the ball forward goddamned -> I prefer AF above rugby
4. At home I have an american football and sometimes I go throwing with a pal. Strange but playing with the hands: I prefer AF above basketball too. Now I must admit: I wouldn't be a good QB my throwing skill sucks but goddamned I can catch the ball very well
5. The publicity: NFL europe - no match is broadcasted in Belgium but the super bowl is broadcasted in belgium and god thank you for that
6. The feeling of touchdown is as great (let's say a bit less) as a goal in soccer :D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Having played both football and rugby, I consider playing rugby more fun because of the additional touches on the ball. Unlike in AF, everybody has a chance at the ball. It's fairly straightforward, more of an endurance match.

But I do prefer watching American football more than playing it and playing/watching rugby, more because I'm much more interested in the entire game for its strategical aspects, prefer that to just playing a part and not quite knowing what all is going on the field because you can't see everything at once. And just like in baseball, you could go all game without even making a significant play (though you force them to acknowledge your presence on the field by being in the right spots, all the same.)

I think they toss the ball backwards in rugby just to avoid more injuries. Imagine tossing the ball forward to a guy running forward not knowing a guy is running directly at him. Without any protective gear, you might as well bring out the ambulances for that one. (Still happens tho!)

Speaking of having no protective gear, that new George Clooney movie based on old-time American football (when they still wore leather helmets) looks fun. 'Leatherheads' I think it's called. Anybody interested in watching that one? You a movie buff, koen?

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Speaking of having no protective gear, that new George Clooney movie based on old-time American football (when they still wore leather helmets) looks fun. 'Leatherheads' I think it's called. Anybody interested in watching that one? You a movie buff, koen?
Well I haven't been the sports movie guy. But maybe I'll give it a shot if the reviews are very positive
AF movies I've seen:
remember the titans and any given sunday

I certainly like to watch movies which genres?
Not: Romance crap (not that I am not a romantic guy) and horror

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Remember the Titans is one of my fave movies! :thumbs

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think many characters always have something you can recognise yourself in but I think there's always one character that pops up the most among them.
eg: in your case - laid back no wonder you pick shikamaru as an avatar
haha, got me there. i just changed it too :p

i am really wanting to see this movie. i've talked about seeing it with one of my friends this week (if we can get our schedules to coincide :darn). i'll let you know how it is if i do ^^

Not: Romance crap (not that I am not a romantic guy) and horror
nice save......wouldn't want the ladies to think you're unromantic :rofl