Second Round - Revy vs. Shiraori | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round Revy vs. Shiraori

Who is the best Waifu?

• Revy

• Shiraori

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Revy
Black Lagoon
Shiraori
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
:handgun Revy Campaign :handgun

Introduction
Revy is the main female protagonist of the Black Lagoon series. The story follows the Lagoon Company, a pirate/smuggler team operating in South-East Asia which consists of Revy, the main male protagonist Rock, and two other people: Dutch and Benny. So as you could expect, her making a living as a pirate/smuggler makes her a more tomboy-ish and piratical waifu rather than your normal type of waifu. Though, truth to be told, she is a short-tempered, aggressive, rude, and troubled person. However, does that make her less of a waifu? Nay.​

First, let's agree on two premises when it comes to waifus and campaigns

1. The waifu personally knows you
2. You are close to your waifu

Right? Or else, how would it make sense? You could be Yor's next assassination attempt, or a simple high schooler in Tonga while Shikimori is in Japan otherwise. Therefore, we're going to assume here that we are in the position of Rock, the main protagonist of Black Lagoon and the "romantic interest". For those unfamiliar with Black Lagoon, Rock joined the Lagoon Company at the beginning of the series due to some events I won't tackle, and as you might have expected, the relationship between our protagonists wasn't, and still isn't always completely, stable and friendly. However, there are some things that must be said.

The Cigarette Kiss

Before getting into my main point, for those asking themselves why Revy acts in such a bratty, impulsive manner, you must know that she suffers from childhood trauma from back when she lived in New York with her abusive father. That sculpted the Revy that I described, but also the Revy who thinks that she doesn't deserves happiness. That's where you come in as the husbando and help her heal!

As the series develops, Revy starts to mellow down, although not quite, in the presence of Rock. She wishes for him to find happiness away from their lifestyle, but not for own self as she sees herself as a lost cause due to her traumas and past life. And when he refuses, she wishes to protect him by acting as his gun. It has been heavily insinuated that she has feelings for Rock, but him being as dumb as a rock when it comes to that blocks the romantic potential. Although it is also true that she has a hard time expressing herself due to her traumas, you, the potential husbando, have just been told her very secrets and have everything you need to become her Rock. She has a potential which could be further developed later in the series if a certain Rei Hiroe restarted being more productive :handgun

For those reasons, I believe that Revy has already the basics to theoretically be a very great waifu when it comes to the usual criteria.

Why Revy though?
Well, isn't that obvious. Not only is she the most badass character according to MangaHelpers , but she's also smokin' hot. I'd even say melting hot. Just look at her... Brandish if you have some Revy gems somewhere within your Balalaika files, feel free to post them

and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I haven't even shown her badass side.

:handgunGood luck Page, and here's a gift for you:handgun

that's for you as well zimbardo ❤

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Aww, you shouldn't have
:blush

... especially not if you wanted my vote

Before the bribery your campaigning really starts, I can divide my initial thoughts as follows:

What Revy has going for her in this round:
  1. I actually know the character
  2. I really like the character
  3. You are certainly not wrong in saying that she is both a badass and also 'melting hot'

What Revy has going against her in this round:
  1. I actually know the character
  2. I understand how much work/how stressful she'd be (one could easily underestimate how much 'past trauma' she's been through, or how 'emotionally unstable' she is)
  3. I'm not sure how much I'd want to be in any relationship where I have to constantly worry if my waifu is likely to, at any point, murder me for doing/saying the wrong thing

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
That.s weak Zimb, that last part is what would make the relationship even better! More excitement!

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Between Gajeel's campaign and me being both a petty cunt and an arachnophobe, Revy has to get my vote here 😤

Reactions: z.5

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That.s weak Zimb, that last part is what would make the relationship even better! More excitement!
Constant risk of death a turn-on for you?

Maybe next year you should nominate Himiko Toga as your waifu?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gajeel, I only have Balalaika on my PC atm. And I cherish Revy nearly as much as boss.

And, the ciguarette kiss is iconic. I like how it looked in the manga too:

IL 10

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

CAMPAIGN-I

CAMPAIGN-II

To know more about Shiraori, let us begin by briefing an anecdote. Let's see, yes on one instance, she ended up healing an entire village and cured them of their diseases in order to protect Sophia, an infant vampire at that time, a fellow reincarnate who she did not share a good history with, all from the shadows from a group of bandits (and more), which well, sort of ended up indirectly toppling coutries and having all of them fight over her (the divine beast as they like to call her back then). Following which, she eventually went on to mentor Sophia (and Wraith) under the Demon King's army which they were taken into shortly after.

Shiraori appears to be graceful, exhibiting great poise on the exterior but there's a storm brewing on the inside, a headstrong personality with the right amount of fun lies within. Speaking of which, her personality undergoes multiple developments throughout the story, one thing leading to another, at one point after she attains Godhood we may have a situation in our hands somewhat similar to,

But what's actually going on within

But all of it just made her all the more endearing. Make no mistake, Shiraori by no means ever had any autism or communication disorder of any sort, merely taking her time time to learn to express herself better in a new body and enviroment. Perfectly imperfect was it? That's a notion I believe to be true and can get behind. We eventually get a slightly mellowed out version of Shiraori, but still a tad bit rough around the edges, an ideal proportional blend of both. During this time, there was Wrath, one of the few people who was capable of understanding her with just a few words. Thought I wouldn't doubt for a second that she would step out of her comfort zone for in her own way for anyone she holds dear, after all she's still the same sassy yet sweet Goddess in the inside.

Our little spider rose from being a weak and vulnerable spider to the ranks of one of the most powerful divinities of her world. The point I was trying to make is that Shiraori wasn't born a Queen or Goddess, far from it but despite all the odds against her she was capable of making a change happen, she prevailed, climbed to the top of it all with her immense perseverance, wits and tremendous mental fortitude. Well, after all, she didn't have much going for her from the get-go, just a feeble spider body, left to preyed on and die an insignificant death. I'll be leaving it at that for now.

But I just had one last thing I had to add, one mustn't ever allow Shiraori to get drunk or else things might get out of hand.

Thank you for reading! Please, consider voting for Shiraori!

@Gajeel Why, thank you, I wish you luck as well. I have prepared a little something for you too. I hope you'll accept it.

Sorry, but the words come from the wiki, not mine:blush:handgun

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So... I have a confession to make. Ultimately I betrayed Sam and the quick meta for Shiraori. That should tell you how much I'm enjoying seeing all this Shiraori campaign

Revy is more of a damaged person. But that gives her a certain appeal as it gives her a certain depth due how to her violent tendencies are something she uses to mask her vulnerability. When you get to the root of who she is, she's very likable. Even if she is highly dangerous.

Shiraori for her part is this charmingly ruthless girl who overcame obstacle after obstacle through whatever means she could until she found herself confronting the problems gods are meant to deal with. While she would prefer just to sleep in and relax. Embracing the hikkimori lifestyle. She doesn't because when she cares about someone she'll do what she can for them. If that means massacring those she doesn't care about well... can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs right? All of this is made pretty adorable by the fact that the Komi-san comparison is an apt one. Shiraori has a very difficult time expressing herself to people she's not comfortable with. Giving her a rather cute side.

So, yeah, I pretty much have to give my vote to her. If only to keep more of this Shiraori fanart and memes coming.

Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Constant risk of death a turn-on for you?

Maybe next year you should nominate Himiko Toga as your waifu?

maybe I will!

Need to watch the anime first and see if i like her tho XD

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So... I have a confession to make. Ultimately I betrayed Sam and the quick meta for Shiraori. That should tell you how much I'm enjoying seeing all this Shiraori campaign
I can't believe you, I genuinely thought you were better than this :emocat I've been wrong about you as a person this whole time

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Even if I have everything to become Revy's Rock she doesn't seem like the type of person I'd like to be involved romantically. Compared to her opponent at least.

IL 10

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I did say I'm a petty cunt :kappa
You'd know better than to sell yourself so short~​
that last part is what would make the relationship even better! More excitement!
I am confused, excuse me if I may have misinterpreted but I just wanted to let you know that you mustn't allow yourself to be harmed in anyway, no matter what. Not just for your sake but also the people close to you. You deserve better than that and you know it.:)

The Demon Lord, Shiraori's most treasured person, the one she swore her allegiance to, went out of her way to move heaven and earth. I was wondering if you'd be willing to do Shiraori the honour of becoming her Demon Lord? Won't you consider giving her a chance? No coercion though~​

Needless to say but this goes for all of you reading this as well~​

"No matter what anyone says, I won't accept any ending that doesn't leave the Demon Lord smiling." -Shiraori

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.