First Round - Rin Tohsaka vs. Esdeath | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Rin Tohsaka vs. Esdeath

Who is the best Waifu?

• Rin Tohsaka

• Esdeath

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Rin Tohsaka
Fate/stay night
Esdeath
Akame ga Kill
!

Last edited by a moderator:

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
LOL

lakhan220

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This is one round and one battle where i will vote without waiting for any campaigns.
My vote goes to the savage yet sweet Esdeath. will leave campaign for nominator, just leave some esdeath pics

:hurr

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I knew I could count on your support fellow aquarius Lakhan-kun ♡
May the universe bless us and our waifu with the aquarius Star's light and bring justice to the true aquas and the waifu they support ♡

I will be campaigning for our lovely Icey Queen upon returning from vacation ♡

Good luck to both girls, may the best waifu win ♡

Last edited:

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I guess Esdeath is the dream pick of everyone thats into the sub/dom style, not my thing but I can understand the appeal.

I would prefer Rin over her, I liked how her personality softened a considerable amount after the events of Stay Night.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Without the campaigns I suppose I'll be voting Rin at this stage

Yorokobe Shounen

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Plus the rinface Ereshkigal is nice

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
♦ Rin-Chan Campaign ♦

Rindeed, this year the competition is intense. Many a waifu have been summoned to participate in this ungodly ritual that produces nought but salt, tears and bitterness that lasts a lifetime. Luckily one of these fine ladies has experienced victory in this ritual. Let the Rin-clan again rise from ashes and bandwagon ourselves to this route's Good Ending.

♦

(pictured: POV best waifu wins this event)

♦Background♦

I do not expect to have to delve deeply into the lore of this character, but we can cover some of the basics.

Rin is the successor to the prestigious Tohsaka family, one of the families responsible for establishing the Holy Grail War. Her family largely focuses on jewel magecraft, making it so Ufotable has to spend approximately 100k per fight scene she's involved with, which is about the in-universe value of her cheapest jewels. Though she lost her parents at a young age (because of her father's participation in the previous HGW), as well as her sister (who we do not speak of), being the independent lady she is, Rin-chan picked herself up and managed to look after herself.

Our blessed waifu Rin-chama features in all playable routes in the Fate VN's, in all of them as a protagonist though UBW, in particular, focuses on her, her view in and of the war as well as her relationship with Sherou. Whether one plays or watches all the routes, either way, the viewer spends enough time with Rin-chama to figure out why she's so desirable as a waifu. She holds herself and others to high standards, sure, but she works hard to meet those standards as well as protect those she holds dear. Her admirable upstanding nature as well as the slowly melting tsundere personality (not to mention her thigh gap) slowly unravel throughout the narrative much like a flower in bloom.

An example of this can be found in the very basic tenet of the F/SN franchise, the interaction between Sherou and the pickable waifus. It can be said that where Shero is the self-insert MC that is largely clueless about the HGW, Rin-chan is the "guide" that explains to the viewer the basic premise of the war, as well as procedures and protocols featured in the event. She takes you by the hand, but never drags you along. Sherou ultimately retains his agency (and plot armour fine) throughout, which makes theirs a meaningful relationship; neither is forced into the relationship, but they participate side-by-side, protecting one another as equals.

♦

(Pictured: Rin-chan blushing makes the world a better place)

♦Personality♦

No discussion on Rin-chama pans out without mention of the tsundere personality type she all but popularized. Tsundere overall get a bad rep because much worse series trivialize the intricacies of this personality type. They are depicted as cold, uncaring, unmoving and sometimes violent people. Largely a bastardization of a personality type that has been turned into a quick and easy stereotype for some C-tier studios to add to their character cast.

Rather than a fixed type, the tsundere goes through a character arc that sees them move from the cold and perhaps tough 'tsun' part of their personality to the softer, warmer (in)side of their persona. Rin-chan goes through this process as well, which is how her relationship with Sherou blossoms. As someone who values agency and independency, Rin-chan is not one to smother you and demand you be exactly the way she desires you to be. Rather, her personality responds in earnest to someone with integrity and a clear conscience.

This is because her personality is somewhat torn between her family ideals of becoming a 'coldhearted and competent mage', and her own personal ideals of being 'a good person'. Though she often boasts she will do whatever it takes to win, ultimately, she cannot bear to witness senseless violence and wanton bloodshed. At heart, she genuinely cares for other people and simply doing the right thing. It is this contradiction in her heart that arguably makes her a pretty well-rounded character, and has us experience the difficulties as well as the payoffs of the decisions she makes throughout her time in Fate. This is also why she responds to her in-lore husbando Shero, as he embodies his ideals to the fullest, and lives life with his back straight (unless he's busy getting bent by stronger characters i.e. everyone in Fate with a pulse).

On the surface, she's cool, calm and collected, but she's a hedonist at heart with a playful streak that loves to tease her friends and fam. She has depth and nuance. The kind of person you'd be proud to introduce to your family. Also very nice legs.

♦

(Pictured: Greeks using Pi to calculate how round exactly an ass can be)

♦Looks♦

Fortunately for Rin-chan (and unfortunate for our rep and image to outsiders), looks are a highly defining matter in this war! I doubt you will find Rin-chan lacking in this department, as she has inspired many a character to be drawn with pretty legs under short skirts. I'm gonna bother disrespecting you or your intelligence with this one chief, the images hopefully speak for themselves. She has both a prim and proper side to her, as well as some feisty spicy undertones.

♦

(Pictured: sex)

♦Fun Fax♦
To round out this overblown campaign post, why not some cute and fun Rin-chan fax to round out this section:
✨ She is born on February 3rd, like me!! If you have a zodiac sign you should vote her.
✨ As a child, she once heroically stepped up to save her friends. That's the kind of loyalty you seek in a partner.
✨ Her hobby is admiring her jewels. You're not expected to buy these for her as she's a strong independent woman who need no man to buy her jewels 😤
✨Today is international panda day!

♦

(Pictured: Rin-chama thanks you for sticking around till the end of this post)

♦Thank you for reading!♦

We of Rin-chan clan thank you for your attention 🙏 Please consider helping Rin-chan finally win this event, and cement her status as the top-tier waifu ❤

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
♦ Rin-Chan Campaign ♦

Rindeed, this year the competition is intense. Many a waifu have been summoned to participate in this ungodly ritual that produces nought but salt, tears and bitterness that lasts a lifetime. Luckily one of these fine ladies has experienced victory in this ritual. Let the Rin-clan again rise from ashes and bandwagon ourselves to this route's Good Ending.

♦

(pictured: POV best waifu wins this event)

♦Background♦

I do not expect to have to delve deeply into the lore of this character, but we can cover some of the basics.

Rin is the successor to the prestigious Tohsaka family, one of the families responsible for establishing the Holy Grail War. Her family largely focuses on jewel magecraft, making it so Ufotable has to spend approximately 100k per fight scene she's involved with, which is about the in-universe value of her cheapest jewels. Though she lost her parents at a young age (because of her father's participation in the previous HGW), as well as her sister (who we do not speak of), being the independent lady she is, Rin-chan picked herself up and managed to look after herself.

Our blessed waifu Rin-chama features in all playable routes in the Fate VN's, in all of them as a protagonist though UBW, in particular, focuses on her, her view in and of the war as well as her relationship with Sherou. Whether one plays or watches all the routes, either way, the viewer spends enough time with Rin-chama to figure out why she's so desirable as a waifu. She holds herself and others to high standards, sure, but she works hard to meet those standards as well as protect those she holds dear. Her admirable upstanding nature as well as the slowly melting tsundere personality (not to mention her thigh gap) slowly unravel throughout the narrative much like a flower in bloom.

An example of this can be found in the very basic tenet of the F/SN franchise, the interaction between Sherou and the pickable waifus. It can be said that where Shero is the self-insert MC that is largely clueless about the HGW, Rin-chan is the "guide" that explains to the viewer the basic premise of the war, as well as procedures and protocols featured in the event. She takes you by the hand, but never drags you along. Sherou ultimately retains his agency (and plot armour fine) throughout, which makes theirs a meaningful relationship; neither is forced into the relationship, but they participate side-by-side, protecting one another as equals.

♦

(Pictured: Rin-chan blushing makes the world a better place)

♦Personality♦

No discussion on Rin-chama pans out without mention of the tsundere personality type she all but popularized. Tsundere overall get a bad rep because much worse series trivialize the intricacies of this personality type. They are depicted as cold, uncaring, unmoving and sometimes violent people. Largely a bastardization of a personality type that has been turned into a quick and easy stereotype for some C-tier studios to add to their character cast.

Rather than a fixed type, the tsundere goes through a character arc that sees them move from the cold and perhaps tough 'tsun' part of their personality to the softer, warmer (in)side of their persona. Rin-chan goes through this process as well, which is how her relationship with Sherou blossoms. As someone who values agency and independency, Rin-chan is not one to smother you and demand you be exactly the way she desires you to be. Rather, her personality responds in earnest to someone with integrity and a clear conscience.

This is because her personality is somewhat torn between her family ideals of becoming a 'coldhearted and competent mage', and her own personal ideals of being 'a good person'. Though she often boasts she will do whatever it takes to win, ultimately, she cannot bear to witness senseless violence and wanton bloodshed. At heart, she genuinely cares for other people and simply doing the right thing. It is this contradiction in her heart that arguably makes her a pretty well-rounded character, and has us experience the difficulties as well as the payoffs of the decisions she makes throughout her time in Fate. This is also why she responds to her in-lore husbando Shero, as he embodies his ideals to the fullest, and lives life with his back straight (unless he's busy getting bent by stronger characters i.e. everyone in Fate with a pulse).

On the surface, she's cool, calm and collected, but she's a hedonist at heart with a playful streak that loves to tease her friends and fam. She has depth and nuance. The kind of person you'd be proud to introduce to your family. Also very nice legs.

♦

(Pictured: Greeks using Pi to calculate how round exactly an ass can be)

♦Looks♦

Fortunately for Rin-chan (and unfortunate for our rep and image to outsiders), looks are a highly defining matter in this war! I doubt you will find Rin-chan lacking in this department, as she has inspired many a character to be drawn with pretty legs under short skirts. I'm gonna bother disrespecting you or your intelligence with this one chief, the images hopefully speak for themselves. She has both a prim and proper side to her, as well as some feisty spicy undertones.

♦

(Pictured: sex)

♦Fun Fax♦
To round out this overblown campaign post, why not some cute and fun Rin-chan fax to round out this section:
She is born on February 3rd, like me!! If you have a zodiac sign you should vote her.
As a child, she once heroically stepped up to save her friends. That's the kind of loyalty you seek in a partner.
Her hobby is admiring her jewels. You're not expected to buy these for her as she's a strong independent woman who need no man to buy her jewels
Today is international panda day

♦

(Pictured: Rin-chama thanks you for sticking around till the end of this post)

♦Thank you for reading!♦

We of Rin-chan clan thank you for your attention 🙏 Please consider helping Rin-chan finally win this event, and cement her status as the top-tier waifu ❤

I am a simple man, I see ass and I hug react + vote for maximum points

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
❄ Esdeath's Campaign ❄

Honestly, wasn't going to go forward with the campaign, but I think this lady is incredibly misjudged for her behavior without giving her the benefit of the doubt. So, in my eyes she deserves some support.

Background

To understand Esdeath better, let us go back to the roots. She wasn't always the Ice Queen that we all love and want (for obvious reasons), in fact, just like all children, she used to be a kind and innocent child, but because of her mother's gruesome death, her father taught her that only the strong survive and made her witness sights a child should never be exposed to, which in time led to her becoming colder and less empathic.
Then, one day, she returned from an outing to find her tribe destroyed, with everyone either dead or dying. Her father was mortally wounded and soon passed away in her arms.

So, as you can tell, her cold and ruthless behavior is a result of her father's upbringing and the trauma she was exposed to while growing up, and without anyone there to guide her on a better path, she chose the path of the hermit's path, swearing that she will become stronger.

But deep down, as you will see later in this post, all she needed was someone to show her there is more to life than just surviving and being a great fighter.

Character

While it is true that she leads with an iron fist, a very cold one at that, there is no denying that there is more to her than that. She's not just a cruel killer, she is someone who values strength above all, due to her upbringing and traumas, and shows great respect to those who are strong.

She is also a great leader, forgiving and supportive of her subordinates, and always having them in her mind when on the battlefield, like ordering retreats when she sees the army is suffering more losses. She also shows that when, before the final battle, she spoke of dedicating the battle in the fallen Jaegers group's memory, internally admitting to missing them greatly and envisioning the entire group in her memory.
Despite her reputation, Esdeath possessed great charisma, able to inspire many to fight for her.
So, basically, she is known for treating her subordinates fair and well, letting them do as they please, which in turn inspires their intense loyalty and devotion; this makes her followers the strongest offensive force of the Empire.
This side of her truly shines when expressing her love for Tatsumi, in which she offers a warm and comforting affection for him, even swearing to protect him from anyone that dare harms him and willing to clear up his name as a member of the Night Raid.

Despite being sadistic and bloodthirsty, Esdeath can change rather drastically around Tatsumi, turning into someone more akin to a lovestruck schoolgirl, going so far as to keeping a booklet where she writes down advise on how to make Tatsumi love her as well as draw various childish sketches of Tatsumi and herself. The sudden changes are rather comedic and even make her look somewhat adorable at times.

TL;DR She is the embodiment of a strong independent woman, with a twist!

❄ Who doesn't love BDSM ❄
of course, I couldn't end this without bringing up her little Sadist side, this is for all you males out there, who not only appreciate strong independent women, but also dominant in bed :hurr

❄ Fun Facts ❄
❄In Japanese, Esudesu is a play on the phrase "S, desu!", which means "I am an S(sadist)".

❄ She has kissed Tatsumi twice, giving him her first kiss as well as her second kiss.

❄She has a small book that she uses to draw Tatsumi as well as advice on how to make Tatsumi fall in love with her.

❄Esdeath appeared on the popular web show DEATH BATTLE! where she fought Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail and won.

There's much more to say about this fair lady, but in the end, her love for Tatsumi speaks more than anything, showing that given the chance, even the most sadistic ruthless human still has a heart, and can change.

In closing, a lil video to show just to what length she'd go for her loved one, and proof that she's the best waifu material!

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Damn she killed herself? I have been spoiled :sad

Status
Not open for further replies.