Anime - Rip Eiichiro Oda Artstyle | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Rip Eiichiro Oda Artstyle

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Has anyone seen the latest episodes?

Many praise the recent episodes for their visual quality.

But I this is the worst I have ever seen in regards to One Piece.

Clubs are closed due to the pandemic, but who needs them with this laser show on every Sunday?

Everyone is now capable of producing lightning or laser beams and if not, then they atleast emit dark aura as if possessed by a demon.

Speaking of demons, One Piece must have really gotten hurt by the Demonslayer spike last year, otherwise I can't explain why they changed it to look like it.

It just looks like a totally different series when compared to the Manga. Something like Pokémon for adults.

Can't wait to see how they handle Scabbards vs Kaido. Can't wait to see Kiku's arm cut of by a laser beam shot by a dark aura emitting Kaido, which then creates a massive explosion, with lightning flying around. It is going to be like this, mark my words. And in the next shot Kiku will look comparatively fine because they have to censor violence...

Last edited:

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kawamatsu is now a Jedi Knight confirmed. Honestly what is this crap??

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't even bring myself to watch the latest episode; even out of just habit.

I like the general art(especially at the beginning of the arc. Maybe it's the same people who drew the most recent movie; I'll have to have a look), in the way the the characters are designed in Wano but the I really loathe the exaggerated animation and unecessary scenes they add to fights. For me, it ruins what they manga is trying to convey.

I guess now I just watch it to see what they've ruined and what they've kept faithful to.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hahaha now I can only laugh. This is all intentional. The sole purpose of the anime is to further conceal the Manga. Well and to make money, of course. But the sheer fact that they can just alter the entire aesthetic and still get a product that sells out of it speaks for what kind of genius Oda is.

The only things that matter are the Voice Actors and some stuff from early One Piece, forget about the rest, they started trolling you all quite early on...