Voting Round 1 - Robert E. O. Speedwagon vs. Gintoki Sakata | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Robert E. O. Speedwagon vs. Gintoki Sakata

Who wins?

• Robert E. O. Speedwagon

• Gintoki Sakata

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yes, it will be a few hours before my campaign starts as well. So let each person who comes here refrain from voting until both campaigns are out.

I know the love for characters can be blinding :sexyarf, but let us campaign first :emocat more fun and extra despair :lambirb.

well my campaign will be tomorrow most likely :lambirb
Good luck :clingy

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

Is Sakata Gintoki just a pretty face or does he actually have the qualities that are needed to be the best husbando?

:blushbirb

Now let's start.....

Recently, I started Gintama in an attempt to prepare myself for Gryffindor's Gintama Mafia game. (Not like I am waiting for it or anything :zomg) and oddly I became invested in the humor and in the MC.

Most of you know Gintama and how likeable Sakata is, but I was taken completely by surprised at how interesting he was to me. Not with just charisma or flair but how down-to-earth he felt.

Still he ends up being funny, mysterious, caring, and a strangely wise guy. And that is exactly why he stands at the apex of husbandos because he shows that there are two sides to every man. The goofy guy, sweet guy who sits on the couch reading JUMP, picking his nose while in his underwear.... mixed with the guy who would spend his lifetime perfecting how to kill in battle. His dual nature in harmony is one of his best characteristics.

The reason he is like this is because he is an ex-samurai raised from an abandoned child in a war. Later taking part in a war himself.

Gintoki actually starts the main story as an adult running his own business of doing odd jobs in a completely carefree manner.

He first employs - basically adopts - two children (Kagura and Shinpachi). These two along with his dog Sadaharu make up his basic family with him standing as the father figure.

Gintoki's past continues to influence who he is and how he acts. He admitted to Umibozu that he believes that having a loving family is all someone really needs in life, due to his lack of a family during his childhood.

Also stemming from his childhood is that he’s a member of the generation of miracles :aomine

An important quality for any husbando.

To explain this more..... Our resident samurai was once a member of an elite 4 member group:

As a teen he had to protect those specific friends by beheading his own sensei/father figure

Which lead to him and his friends splitting paths from one enother...

After that incident, Gintoki now chooses to live a laid back life, where he wishes to forget about the past and die in peace one day, however it's not as easy as that. Gintoki's past often comes back to haunt him, bringing chaos back into his life. His personality is very Gintoki - he can be a hilarious asshole but he genuinely cares.

Also he is one who can cook....

...dance...

...be a sweetheart...

Every household can’t be complete without one:

So vote for him! :blush

Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Still, what is Speedwagon even doing here? He's supposed to be Best Waifu, not Husbando.
Oh well, he'll still get my vote.

The one who laugh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Syria
Campaign Time :arf

Who is Speedwagon ?
you should already know him :lambirb:handgun
JK
:cookiearf

Speedwagon was originally criminal at the start of part 1 but he started following Jonathan after fighting him because of the noble cause he saw Jonathan fighting for. He follow him till the end of part 1 and In part 2 Speedwagon became one of the richest person in the world and with wealth he created Speedwagon foundation which focus in science and
supernatural stuffs. Speedwagon foundation was one of the main source of helping through out the series even after Speedwagon death :emobirb.

Press F to pay respect :emocat

F

Why he is our shiny knight and best husbando ?

(He Smash)
:lambirb

(He Protect)

(He keep you warm)
:blushbirb

(He has cool hat)
:bishie

(and you can always trust him)
:awe

So vote vote for perfection
:hurr

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I was considering to vote for Speedwagon bc of Gry, but damn that campaign post blew me away @Crescent Jinx :zomg Everything's spot on (well, besides the cooking and dancing part perhaps :lambirb), Gintoki really is a great guy.

It sounds like you're up to date, with the anime at least? Every new Gintama fan is awesome :pleased

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well I was considering to vote for Speedwagon bc of Gry, but damn that campaign post blew me away @Crescent Jinx :zomg Everything's spot on (well, besides the cooking and dancing part perhaps :lambirb), Gintoki really is a great guy.

It sounds like you're up to date, with the anime at least? Every new Gintama fan is awesome :pleased
:nrr High praise, indeed to potentially steal someone away from Gry. Danke. He really is a great character so in my mind it’s been very stressful to try and represent him.
:Haha He can totally bust a move and maybe an arm or a leg.... while still looking good :wub

At least better than some others :toc

:lambirb:lambirb:lambirb

As for cooking,

... it’s not mayo @Battou :evil

:clingyCorrect that I have only done the anime. :blush Was sharing the Gintama word last night with getting someone to watch funny scenes, trying to get them interested.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
:nrr High praise, indeed to potentially steal someone away from Gry. Danke. He really is a great character so in my mind it’s been very stressful to try and represent him.
:Haha He can totally bust a move and maybe an arm or a leg.... while still looking good :wub

At least better than some others :toc

:lambirb:lambirb:lambirb

As for cooking,

... it’s not mayo @Battou :evil

:clingyCorrect that I have only done the anime. :blush Was sharing the Gintama word last night with getting someone to watch funny scenes, trying to get them interested.
Have you watched all episodes? Because that's some real dedication and heavy time investment, mad respect (and you obviously know what's good) :gent
And you're really close to the current point anyway, there are mb like 10 more chapters to read, and then the inevitable conclusion starting at the end of December, with supposedly the last three (very long) chapters. Looking forward to talking about Gintama with you :clingy

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Have you watched all episodes? Because that's some real dedication and heavy time investment, mad respect (and you obviously know what's good) :gent
And you're really close to the current point anyway, there are mb like 10 more chapters to read, and then the inevitable conclusion starting at the end of December, with supposedly the last three (very long) chapters. Looking forward to talking about Gintama with you :clingy
Hahahahaha not even caught up to all yet but I have this one person....
Careful Jinx :lambirb , careful, i know gintoki's darkest secrets:lambirb
...^^^^ constantly whipping me into shape to watch it.

Even today he says to me, “Day off? Why aren’t you watching Gintama?” :arf

:ck:ck:ck

Surprised he didn’t nominate Okita at this rate :gar. And Gryffindor too making sure I stay on track.:zomg

That popped up on my newsfeed :biblethump. My timing seems to be really horrible or really good depending :sexyarf!!!!! Will look forward to that as well.

:cop Batt, mayo is just milk that lacks strawberries. :4head :glomp

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hmmm, who do I vote for :hmm

Well I was considering to vote for Speedwagon bc of Gry, but
Yeah okay. :hmph I will not forget this when I see the results..

constantly whipping me into shape to watch it.

Even today he says to me, “Day off? Why aren’t you watching Gintama?” :arf
Say, what ever happened to you starting JoJo some weeks ago? :grumble

#T r a i t o r

Still, what is Speedwagon even doing here? He's supposed to be Best Waifu, not Husbando.
True, but eh, won't be picky about the details :nrr

Status
Not open for further replies.