Illustration - Rokushiki Robin artwork | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Illustration Rokushiki Robin artwork

Shojin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here some pics that I finally did for my Rokushiki Robin moveset project!

Shigan, Rankyaku, and Soru!

Tekkai and Geppou!
I was gonna do Kami-e but I was having a hard time trying get the pose right so I do it later.

Tetsuhana "Sajun":
And before anyone mentions it, yes, the hands do look inaccurate. I'll update this pic eventually but in the mean time this is the best I can do.

Kaika Rankyaku:

Cuatro Belle Fleur: Shigan "Bai Sekiren"

Even though they're not perfect, I am just glad that I finally got the urge to make them and I couldn't be happier. I am also planning on refining them into better pics as well when I get the chance. But for right now I am only doing simple sketches of her doing the techniques.

OneClash

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL! Those are awesome!

Lee-tyme7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
lmao, they arn't perfect but I get the picture. It would be incredibly awsome if Robin can do half the moves you had on here. XD

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Below are a couple of outline sketches that I drew for Kaika Rankyaku "Che-n: Shinkuro" (Blooming storm legs "Chain: Synchronize"), which is a technique where Robin will sprout a various number of legs out of the ground, wall, or ceiling in pairs (look at the pic below for examples). Then she'll have them perform different choreographed leg routines similar to what is usually seen in synchronized swimming or lying down leg excersices, which will result in cutting the air in various forms depnding the routines she has them doing.

Edit:

Here's another concept sketch of Kaika Rankyaku "Che-n: Shinkuro":

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I like the ideas, they're nifty! Although somehow I picture her naked in every sketch xD

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's a couple of old rough skteches of Kaika Rankyaku "Fujin no ha" that I drew months ago. I was gonna keep it to myself as I would rather have this technique drawn by artists that I commissioned for my project but after recent events, I was like "eh screw it" and decided to share these with you guys. :)

Now here's an old rough sketch of Mil Belle Fluer "Kami no Shigan".

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Now here's a rough sketch of Tetsuhana "Tsurutou" (Iron flower "Vine sword") that I did two weeks ago.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I guess you'll wait impatiently her match with San Juan Wolf. Although seeing how things go, don't expect even half of the things you're currently thinking :O

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, here's an incomplete rough sketch of that I did for Kaika Geppou "Gekko Kuratchi" (Moonlight Clutch)

---------- Post added November 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was October 19, 2011 at 08:16 PM ----------

An incomplete rough sketch that I drew out of boredom.

This is basically a random fight scene with Nico Robin fighting a couple of Kung fu brothers based on this scene (only that the scene with Robin rapidly striking her enemies is far more brutal than the one with Lucci due to her using six arms instead of one).

I might use this scene as a page in future fan comic that I plan on doing next year (only that it will be drawn by a WAY better artist).

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
3 new rough sketches by me!

Cien Balle Fleur "Teishou" (Nail Bed)(M)(H)(T)(N)(OS) - Robin will sprout out 100 arms from the ground forming into what it looks to like a flower bed, but once her enemies get close enough to it, weather from falling from a cliff or being knocked into to it, she will have all the arms perform Shigun simultaneously in the last minute which will result in what it seems to be a deadly bed of spikes!

Note: As you can tell already, it looks quite messy due to scanner not scanning everything properly.:getlost:

Shidan (Finger shot) (HO)(N)(M)(T)(C) - This technique is an evolved form of Shigan with Busōshoku Haki capabilities. To use this technique, the user must concentrate his/her Busōshoku Haki around his/her finger(s), coating his/her finger(s) with it before thrusting his/her finger(s) forward. This will result in launching a completely invisible “ki” bullet towards the enemy as if she/he was shooting an actual bullet. How far the bullet will travel depends on the strength of the user. The attack can also be used to pierce the enemy’s body in close quarters like a normal Shigan as well, only doing greater damage. It also should be noted that just like any other attack that is enhanced with Busoshoku Haki, it can even bypass whatever defenses the enemy’s DF provides, striking the substantial body. The user can also incorporate the aspects of this technique into his/her other Shigan techniques as well.

Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Dai Koubin/Shin KouBin" (Great wall/Ultimate wall) (H)(M)(OS) - Robin will sprout thousands of arms and have them form what seems to partially resemble the Great wall of China and harden them all with Tekkai/Kongouhana. One of her most powerful Tetsuhana techniques.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
New Roughsketch!

Ranpa (Storm Wing) - While in her "Wings" form, Robin simply creates air blades with her wings instead of her legs.

(Note: And yes, the wings look like shit in this pic but I did my best. lol)

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, it's been a while.

This is an old rough sketch that I drew two years ago of Rokushiki-style Robin torturing someone for information. I was going to post this a long time ago but never bothered until now. If anyone here want to draw and complete this, you're more than welcome to.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 9/9/14:

Two new sketches for the following techniques:

Here's a sketch of Kaika Rankyaku "Daisa" (Blooming Storm Legs "Dicer") technique illustrating one of the ways of how it is executed. I had to use a couple of screen caps of Kaku using that "Cross-like" Rankyaku at Iceberg's mansion as bases to draw the top part of the sketch. What you see in the sketch is the "six-legged" version.

Anyway, here the description again for those who want to know about this technique:

Kaika Rankyaku "Daisā" (ダイサ, Dicer) (N)(M)(H)(OB)(C) - In this technique, Robin simultaneously creates a number of vertical and horizontal air blades that work together to form a Rankyaku net or grid. The attack is named after a kitchen tool known as the food dicer which is used to cut foods such as potatoes and other veggies into pieces. It should also be noted that this technique was based on the Rankyaku that Kaku and Blueno used at Iceburg's mansion during the Water 7 arc and in the OP: Pirate Warriors/Kaizoku Musō series respectively.

Here's a sketch of the*Kaika Soru "*Hachi hōhō no konran" (Blooming Shave "*Eight way confusion") technique that is illustrating how it is executed. I have to admit that I was having a hard time with this since I can't draw Soru that well just yet. Btw, at step 2, those were suppose to be petals but they came out a tad awkward I think.

Anyway, here's the description of the technique:

Kaika Soru "*Hachi hōhō no konran" (*Eight way confusion)(N)(M)(H)(RC) - During Soru, Robin will immediately spout multiple clones out of various surfaces including walls, floors, ceiling, or/and even her own body and have them use Soru the moment they come out in order to making her opponents believe that she is moving a lot faster and at different directions simultaneously, thus confusing the heck out of her enemies.

*Note: This technique is also called Kaika Soru "Konran" (confusion) for short.

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
SPECIAL UPDATE 2/6/15:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBIN!!!! :D

(I know it's a day late but whatever)

To celebrate this wonderful occasion, I made and added six new sketches! The sketches for the following techniques are:

Kaika Rankyaku “Che-n: Ryoko Jujika” (Chain: Traveling Crosses) - With this technique, Robin will sprout several legs from the surface of the wall behind her. Next, she will have them simultaneously perform a single Rankyaku from each leg which will form a ‘side by side’ row. Then she vaults over the row to get out of the way and, right before landing, executes Rankyaku “Hakurai” horizontally which will then connect itself to the row, creating what it seems to be like a multi-cross chain.

Doce Balle Fleur “Heibin” (Twelve flower bullets “Wall trap”) - When her enemy in between two closing walls, Robin will have 12 sprouted arms on the walls (6 on the left wall, 6 on the right wall) do shigan on her enemy, creating what looks like a spiked wall booby trap.

Kamihana “Kone-ko” (Dough) - Robin activates Kami-e on a merged group of limbs that are in a form of a thick object (like large hands or boulders) or surface (like walls). However, instead of being limp like paper, it stretches and moves like either clay, dough, or even slime, similar to fukuro’s Kami-e “slime” technique.

Gigant Rokukougan (Giant Six queen gun) - Simply a giant-sized version of the Rokukougun that is done with two huge arms made out of hundreds or possibly thousands of limbs.
Tetsuhana “Hageshii Aro” (Fierce Arrow) - A more powerful version of Tekkai “Aro” (Iron mass “arrow”), where Robin, before diving down towards her target, sprouts multiple legs out of her lower body, then, along with both of original legs, hardens all of the legs with Tekkai before smashing into the enemy super hard.

Tetsuhana "Hageshii Aro" (Fierce Arrow) - A more powerful version of Tekkai "Aro" (Iron mass "arrow"), where Robin, before diving down towards her target, sprouts multiple legs out of her lower body, then, along with both of original legs, hardens all of the legs with Tekkai before smashing into the enemy super hard.

Kaika Kamisori (Blooming Razor) - A more Hana Hana enhanced version of Kamisori that is a combination technique of Kaika Geppo and Kaika Soru “Heki” that allows Robin to move extremely fast in three dimensions at greater speeds. It’s basically an aerial version of Kaika Soru “Heki”, only that it’s activated during Kamisori instead of Soru and uses aspects of Kaika Geppo to have the sprouted feet kicking the air beneath her a few times in an instant instead of the ground.

Note: I had to give the zigzag effect on the kaika Kamisori a darker pencil shade to further elaborate the speed difference between that technique and the regular Kamisori.

And that is all for now! ;)

---------- Post added March 01, 2015 at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was February 07, 2015 at 08:14 AM ----------

Here's a storyboard that I had been working on for a week out of boredom. This is a scene that is meant to showcase one of the creative ways of using Haki, Rokushiki, and the incredible abilities of the Hana Hana no mi together featuring techniques from my Rokushiki Robin movelist project. I know there are plenty of things that look a bit off in it but believe me, I tried my best so I know I still have much to practice on.

Btw, in case some of you have trouble following it, here's the description:

Robin and her big opponent are fighting. Robin disappears using Soru to avoid his punch. Suddenly, two legs appear out of the wall behind him to throw a couple of Rankyakus at him. Opponent notices the air blades coming his way and dodges by jumping up high. Robin reappears above him, heading over to his direction with her leg out while sprouting two more around it. While in the air, he looks up and notices her and panics a little. She hardens all three legs with CoA Hardening and Tekkai in order make the following technique very strong and powerful. The name of this attack is called the *Kongouhana "Fan Ono" (Diamond Flower "Fan Axe")!

Opponent immediately crosses both arms into a blocking stance and hardens both arms with CoA hardening, successfully blocking her attack as he lands on his feet hard, causing the ground under him to crumble from the impact! Unbeknownst to him, the attack was just a set up to leave him open. Robin takes advantage by sprouting arms out of her three legs as well as his body and have them pierce the body with Armament hardened Shigan attacks (aka *Shimagunumu, when means Finger Magnum)!

After the enemy drops his guard due to his injuries, she lifts her legs up, with the two extra legs vanishing, then immediately does a very fast and powerful turning hook kick with the same original leg, forcefully knocking the enemy away right before finally landing on her feet.

And there you go. To be honest, I was hoping to find (or even collab with) someone who can make a well done comic or animation out of this which would be pretty cool. Also, I was gonna make multiple versions of this sketch with different endings but I didn't feel like it. lol

Anyway, I'm still planning on doing more of these soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES:

*Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Fan Ono" (Iron Flower/Diamond Flower "Fan Axe") - A more powerful version of Tekkai/**Naikō "Ono" (Iron Mass/Diamond shell "Axe") where Robin first leaps high into the air and raises her leg up high, blooming two or three more around it, hardening them all (as well as the original leg) with Tekkai or Naiko right after and finally on her way down, she drops all three/four legs in an arc motion, slamming them hard on the target.

*Shimagunumu (指マグナム, Finger magnum) - This is an evolved form of Shigan with Busoshoku Haki capabilities, this is done by the user infusing their finger(s) with Busoshoku "Koka" (Color of Armaments "Hardening"), making the attack not only far more powerful than a Shigan, but also strong enough to pierce through strong substances, including thick armor! The user can also incorporate the aspects of this technique into his/her other Shigan techniques as well.

**Naikō (内甲, Diamond Shell) - This technique, also named Kongoukara, is an evolved form of Tekkai that combines both physical power (Tekkai) and will power (Busōshoku Haki) into one form. It starts off with the user activating Tekkai first. Then, while Tekkai is activated, the user uses Busōshoku: Kōka (Color of Armaments: Hardening) to concentrate his/her Busōshoku Haki into his/her body (or parts of it) to harden it further to the level of diamond, making it tougher and more durable than ever before and takes on a dull silver-like color instead of the usual black color of Koka. The strength behind this technique depends on both the user’s physical power and willpower. While it is similar to Tekkai “Gou”, as both techniques involves the user hardening his/her body further in some way while Tekkai is activated, the difference being that Gou has the user only tensing his/her body muscles to the max to strengthen his/her Tekkai while Naikō has the user concentrating his/her Haki into his/her body to strengthen his/her Tekkai, not to mention that unlike Tekkai or Tekkai Gou, the user can actually move while the technique is activated due to the willpower aspect, allowing the user to use this technique for both offense and defense without suffering most of the drawbacks that tekkai had on it's own, as long as the user doesn't overdo it.

(Author's note: I'm still working on a name for that last technique. I was originally going to go with Chikkai (Titanium mass) but I kept going against that decision but now I'm reconsidering on going with that one since it's much more fitting. Let me know what you guys think.)

---------- Post added March 28, 2015 at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was March 01, 2015 at 05:27 PM ----------

Hey guys! :D

Remember the update that I've posted in the main thread a few days ago concerning some new techniques being added to the movelist?

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/show...roject!-****?p=3992274&viewfull=1#post3992274

Well yesterday I drew a sketch of one of them, the Shin Shigan. I had to use an online stock image of a "hand gun" pose so I can get the pose down as best as I can since I kept having trouble trying to imagine the pose in my head as I was drawing it, along with using some bullet impact pics as references for the last two panels:

Anyway, here's the description of the technique again:

Shin Shigan (N)(M)(DB )(OA)(T)(C)(HO) - In this technique, Robin first aims one of her original fingers at her target, then sprouts another finger out of the tip of said finger. Finally, after hardening both real AND sprouted fingers with Busoshoku Koka and with strong concentration (with her mind acting like the 'mental-trigger' of sorts), Robin simply shoots the sprouted finger at her target, basically a LITERAL shigan. While it is stronger than Tobu Shigan and Shidan since it uses a solid projectile (aka a finger) instead of air bullets (although it lacks the sharpness that Tobu Shigan possesses), it is also much riskier as the main weakness of the Hana Hana fruit must still be taken into consideration when using this technique, especially against a target that is capable of deflecting (or worse, cutting down) bullet-like projectiles. The aspects of this technique can also be applied to other shigan techniques.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone!

Well guys, here they are as promised, the sketches that i drew for both Kaika Shigan Kenpo: Hokiri (Cannon drill) and Suishin Hokiri (Propelling cannon drill), two of the 14 new techniques added to the Rokushiki Robin movelist project (you can find the list of all the updates here. Over the last couple of months, i have slowly been taking my time with them since i want to get them as right as i can with my art skills being below average and all (plus i work much better as a slooooow artist).

First, let's start off with concept sketches of Hokiri:

Now in this sketch, i tried drawing an actual drill and then used it as a template to design the "Hana drill" next to it in order to get an idea of how i want the technique to look like.

This concept sketch shows how the hand drill is formed step by step. As hands are one of the few body parts that i'm REALLY bad at drawing, this part was an absolute pain in the ass to get down right.

This concept sketch shows the hand drill in both top view and bottom view. Very difficult for me to do and i hope to make a better version of this sketch in the future.

As you probably can tell, i was inspired by various flying spinning attacks from fighting games to come up with this technique. However, i had to use a some game sprites of two in paticular (both the Psycho Crusher used by M.Bison from the Street fighter series and the Bloody Spin used by Laurence Blood from the Fatal Fury series respectively) as bases for this sketch since it makes it a lot easier for me to get a good idea of what I'm aiming for with this attack.

Now for the concept sketches of Suishin Hokiri:

As you can see, i had the sprouted legs bloomed out of both sides of her waist for proper efficiency. I originally intended for the legs to be sprouted out of her normal legs but it didn't look right to me after i drew it, plus i didn't think that they would make a proper solid surface for them since it would require having to keep both legs closed together throughout the entire attack which might be quite a pain for the user to do.

Here's a sketch that shows various numbers of legs that can be used in the Kaika Rankyaku part of the technique, going from two to up to four legs. The more legs used, the greater the Rankyaku defense.

And that is all for now! I hope you guys like them. ;)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hey everyone!

Here are some sketches that I drew that showcases and illustrates the Tsuru-Mori/Morigan (Vine Harpoon/Harpoon Gun) technique, a shigan technique that I've recently designed for my Rokushiki Robin project, in greater detail. Note that the poses are far from perfect as I was having a lot of trouble trying get them right as best as I can, plus I tried to draw Robin in her outfit from the Adventure of Nebulandia special and failed miserably at it. LOL

Here's how the attack is executed:

After piercing the target, the user then sprout limbs out of the end arm to grab on to the enemy in various ways:

Note that these are only three of the various options of how the user can have her sprouted limbs grab on to the target. Btw to those who are wandering what's going on in the third panel, the user is sprouting fingers out of the end of the hand in order to cling on to him when pulling him in.

If the user goes with pulling/reeling the target in.....

She can follow up with a close quarter attack or a flurry of them, including powerful punches/kicks (see above), grappling holds, Shigan attacks, or maybe even a multi-arm uppercut, just to name a few out of the many options she has at her disposal.

If the user remains with just holding the target in place.....

She/he can just have extra sprouted limbs finish him off (as shown above in panels 1and 3), or have them finished off by her/his partner(s) (weither those partners be clones of her/him via Ceurpo Fleur or her allies/teammates at that moment as shown above in panel 2). Mind you again that these are only two of the many options that are at her disposal while having her opponent at her mercy.

Another thing is that if the user wants to, she can double or triple the lines up when using this technique against either tougher targets, larger targets, or multiple targets. The extra lines can be either formed out the same arm(1), both of her original arms(2), or out of a surface behind (or aside) her. Also, if the target is too strong or heavy to pull in with your individual limbs (both real and sprouted), you can optionally just use bigger limbs formed from the Manos technique(3) to add extra reeling support. ;)

And that is all for now! Tell me what you all think! :)
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Hey guys! :)

Anyway, eemember this "Rokushiki + Haki" Robin storyboard sketch that I made about over a year ago?

Well the thing is that I'm planning on going back to making more of these but I'm gonna do these a little differently and I need some suggestions on which one of the following ideas in this document that I should do first:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xyzfLIC_I9cPEY2DAepeeYL4iJtviNDaEg2JWZMV0nQ/

So what do you all think? :)
Minor Update 4/26/17:

I wasn't gonna post this until later but I then I thought "Screw it" and post it now. This is a sketch of two out of the four techniques that the folks over at One Piece Amino wanted me to draw back in February after letting them choose which techniques out of the movelist they wanted me to draw for #Robinweek.

• Rante (嵐手, Storm hand)(N)(M)(H)(OA)(C) - An air cutting technique similar to Rankyaku with difference being that the user uses his/her hands instead of his/her legs.
  • Rantsume (Storm claw)(SK)(N)(M)(H)(OA)(C) - In this technique, Robin uses the sharp ends of her fingernails (which she made longer and sharper by using Seimei kikan) to cut the air instead of her legs.

I have yet to finish the other two but I might continue working in those when I get the chance.

Over a month ago, I made a little poll over at both OP Amino and Google+ that determines which technique I'll make a sketch of next. As for what techniques the poll consist of, they are all techniques that I've added to the movelist months ago that revolves around this technique. Anyway, the choices were:

And after a while, the people have spoken and the winner is.....

It's still far from ready unfortunately, but hopefully I'll finish it in time for the big special update. ;)