Discussion - Romance in OP | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Romance in OP

jeffhmwong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
:tem
Just to start something interesting here. OP might not be a romance manga, but who knows what ODA might stir up later in the series.

Anyway, So many combinations, if your choice not there, pls give some interesting suggestion.

Some crap suggestions I herd fr other forum was Chopper and Sogeking (haha..Gay) , Zoro and his sword....hahahaahah :)

Krillos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
It's TASHIGI, not TAGISHI! And it's Vivi, not WyWy!
Spell right or prepared to get pwnd!

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
well, honestly i dont think there will ever be any romance in OP. its not that kind of story but if i were to guess: Hina and Smoker, Vivi an Koza. cause i cant see any of the main characters get romanticly involved. Sanji would love to but he's a lot funnier single :D

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I agree with BoffenJL here. If there are romance scenes in OP, it would just be like seeing eyes to eyes. No flowers (except Sanji), candlelight dinner or gifts. But for this time, I would say Zoro-Robin, Vivi-Koza and Sanji-NOTHING. Yep,for the sake of the continuation of some of those zany comedies, sanji should not get one. Oda should let him constantly crazy over Nami for nothing.

tqm_z

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
"Zorro, Robin... you can do wedding ceremony at the end of Grand Line", another Luffy's baseless statement.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Zorro, Robin... you can do wedding ceremony at the end of Grand Line", another Luffy's baseless statement.
:nuts Where was this stated? :nuts

I can't really think of OP having much romances in it at all. But I do have crack parings in mind. XD Zoro/Robin, Smoker/Tashigi (snorts), Luffy/Nami, etc.

It's fun just looking for small hints and stuff too. XD

bakashijinsan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
no romance!!! :omg

it'd kill off the fun parts of One Piece! pleeease nooooooo! :wtf

infyquest

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
yes that also my opinion

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
tqm_z said:
"Zorro, Robin... you can do wedding ceremony at the end of Grand Line", another Luffy's baseless statement.
yeah! i didn't see this or was this in the anime?

Dark Zeza

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I would go for Smoker/Hina, Vivi/Koza and Raki/Viper.

tqm_z said:
I've never heard of it.

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
tqm_z said:
Seriously, I think he just be sarcastic about this.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
baxteristic said:
Seriously, I think he just be sarcastic about this.
okay! i get it. but i really don't see a basis on why would you pair up zoro and robin.

the possible couples here in one piece IMO is Ussop and Kaya and Vivi and Koza but nontheless it won't be explored in the manga (at least in my perception)

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
bakashijinsan said:
but i really don't see a basis on why would you pair up zoro and robin.
Haha... I'm a fan of Zoro-Robin pairing too :p
Well, both of them are wiser than most of the crew and most of the time they're making sense instead of saying nonsense. They are serious but do smile and laugh from time to time. Eventhough we see Robin is like straight all the time, but I can imagine she can be a very good wife...

Not making sense am I? Haha... I'm just a fan of those two... :p

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
okay! i get it. but i really don't see a basis on why would you pair up zoro and robin.
It's more of a crack pairing based on small scenes. XD

When Zoro saves Nami, its always because she's a friend, and he jsut saves her...normally I guess. But that scene where he stops Robin from falling when Enel eletrocuted her was definitely different. XD

And...also what baxteristic said. :p They're jsut too cute to not pair. XD And those scenes with Robin trying to make smal talk with him, while he gets annoyed of her because she still doesn't trust him. XD It's a popular pairing in Japa too, with all the fanarts I've uncovered. >.>;

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dragonzair said:
It's more of a crack pairing based on small scenes. XD

When Zoro saves Nami, its always because she's a friend, and he jsut saves her...normally I guess. But that scene where he stops Robin from falling when Enel eletrocuted her was definitely different. XD

And...also what baxteristic said. :p They're jsut too cute to not pair. XD And those scenes with Robin trying to make smal talk with him, while he gets annoyed of her because she still doesn't trust him. XD It's a popular pairing in Japa too, with all the fanarts I've uncovered. >.>;
:loool i get it! well when you all put it that way, it would seem that they do have a thing. yeah! i remember that moment when zoro was furious and sad at the same time when Enel struck Robin with lightning.

:D i've looked at it as Zoro's machismo kicking in.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
bakashijinsan said:
:loool i get it! well when you all put it that way, it would seem that they do have a thing. yeah! i remember that moment when zoro was furious and sad at the same time when Enel struck Robin with lightning.

:D i've looked at it as Zoro's machismo kicking in.
Exactly! XD

I like how you explained it. XD Zoro's machismo. KEKEKE 8D That's why I was waiting for the very moment they finally all got together. XD And I just like the dynamics between them. Zoro always not caring, but he probably is.

Like in one of the latest chapter, Zoro tells her to stop talking about thanking them and stuff. XD

Another favourite Zoro/Robin moment was when Robin introduced herself to the others, and Zoro was the only one who didn't trust her. The anime made it even more adorable. XD You should watch it. XD

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dragonzair said:
Exactly! XD

I like how you explained it. XD Zoro's machismo. KEKEKE 8D That's why I was waiting for the very moment they finally all got together. XD And I just like the dynamics between them. Zoro always not caring, but he probably is.

Like in one of the latest chapter, Zoro tells her to stop talking about thanking them and stuff. XD

Another favourite Zoro/Robin moment was when Robin introduced herself to the others, and Zoro was the only one who didn't trust her. The anime made it even more adorable. XD You should watch it. XD
watched it! :D but still not convinced though. i dunno why? maybe it's just me.

i just remembred Zoro's words when Robin was bolted by Enel.
"She's a woman." kinda reminds me of
FPJ
because of Zoro's voice.

:Haha

LMAO! XD

*cracks up a billion times* If you say it that way, that's kinda weird. But yeah, it does. :p I jsut noticed that, in the poll, ZoRo is leading all of a sudden. XD //DZ

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
realisticly romance would ruin one piece .. it would totally shift the focus of the manga from what makes it great. So I would only endorse Ussop . kaya.
But figuritively I like nami V. luffy.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
LMAO! XD

*cracks up a billion times* If you say it that way, that's kinda weird. But yeah, it does. p I jsut noticed that, in the poll, ZoRo is leading all of a sudden. XD //DZ
that's probably because of us talking too much about the zoro/robin pair. well that's kinda cute. :Haha

Anti-panda said:
realisticly romance would ruin one piece .. it would totally shift the focus of the manga from what makes it great. So I would only endorse Ussop . kaya.
But figuritively I like nami V. luffy.
totally agree with you. but i realized people here in this thread are just having fun on pairing up couples and telling how cute they go along with each other.
:D personally i didn't like going much in this thread up until a good arguement was brought up by baxter and DZ 'bout robin and zoro.

but i still didn't vote. i'm not a pro-romance OP fan. :p

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey why isn't Robin V. Chopper a choice?
Hey it's onepiece anything can happen! Jk
And we also forgot Sanji V. Alvidia.