Shounen - Rosario+Vampire by Ikeda Akihisa | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Rosario+Vampire by Ikeda Akihisa

SuperSaiyaMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which part? The one with Gin or her crying near the end?

We have been over that ground before. Yes its sad, but she lost a long time ago :(. It seems now they are throwing in some extra foreshadowing that Kurumu will end up with Gin.

Right now, Tsukune becoming one of the few harem protagonists that can actually fight is just more interesting to me. :amuse.
Its epic, EPIC character derailment that Mizore and Gin did that prank. "Hahaha, you thought you were raped!" And the fact it was played for laughs.

And Tsukune's boneheadedness and lack of consideration for Kurumu's feelings is another set of Character Derailment.

Bludvein

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its epic, EPIC character derailment that Mizore and Gin did that prank. "Hahaha, you thought you were raped!" And the fact it was played for laughs.

And Tsukune's boneheadedness and lack of consideration for Kurumu's feelings is another set of Character Derailment.
I don't think of it as a lack of consideration. It is better in the long run if he doesn't give her a false hope. Would it be better if he led her on when he obviously wants to be with Moka? I think not. Harem leads who get all indecisive because they don't want to hurt the girls' feelings inevitably cause more drama later on. They also annoy me.

Your use of character derailment is completely wrong also. Character derailment is when a character acts contradictory to his/her previously established characterization. Tsukune has always been a bit tactless in regards to the girls' feelings. He also has never considered Kurumu as anything other than a friend. Nothing has changed in that dynamic since the beginning. So how can it be derailment?

Gin has always had a really crude sense of humor as well. This really didn't come across as any kind of surprise.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyaMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why would Mizore, a victim of multiple rape attempts be in on a rape joke? And Gin never would have done this prior to the chapter. It was Character Derailment, plain and simple.

And Tsukune was being heartless.

Bludvein

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well atleast we have a summary now. http://bigt1987.blogspot.com/2011/02...ire-ii-39.html

The gist of it is that if Tsukune powers up the normal way, he will never get strong enough to defeat Akuha in the time they were given. So Tohou Fuhai is giving Tsukune an alternative method that is extremely risky. He is going to restructure Tsukune's body so that he can use Youjutsu, but if one thing goes wrong Tsukune could die. Of course, being the protagonist, that is not going to happen.

Gah, so many questions for me after this chapter. Next month can't come fast enough.

elitefox

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I like it more than having all of them as wives or concubines, yeah it is easy to have them all but it takes more than that to be a man to hold to one woman... inner moka for the win :tem

And one more thing... they are all beautiful, they are some many men or monsters that will fall in love with them..

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
^Well, outer moka is not a real person, she is more like a thing or a worthless object (until the manga gives us reason to believe outer moka is a real girl) so inner moka really has no competition in that regard.

Bludvein

Reaction score
Country
United States
^Well, outer moka is not a real person, she is more like a thing or a worthless object (until the manga gives us reason to believe outer moka is a real girl) so inner moka really has no competition in that regard.
Just because she was created doesn't make her worthless or an object. That's like saying a clone is an object. :blink. The personality is sentient, and should be treated like a real person.

What they need to do is get an artificial body for the personality, so that she doesn't have to disappear.

I really don't like the whole concept of the 2 Mokas "merging" though. Inner Moka should get to keep all of her personality without losing anything. After all, its her body to begin with.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The way I see it outer moka is at best a very advanced computer program. She is man-made, unless the manga elaborates on the whole thing quite a bit more then she really can't be anything but merely that. As it stands, if outer moka did get a fake body of sorts I wouldn't consider it morally reprehensible to beat the shit out of her since she is just not a person, (except perhaps if you count her as being someone else's property in which case you have to answer to that person). Anyways, I really don't see how outer moka will have a future as it is. The rosary is a temporary measure to seal moka's power for a temporary amount of time. In that sense, the second the rosary is no longer a requirement inner moka (the actual person) won't have to wear it anymore and outer moka is as good as dead basically.

Anyways, one we did see the results of the rosary not working over long periods of time I got the impression that inner and outer moka had a lot in common. Their personalities were in many aspects similar when it came to living their normal lives, and that became more apparent the longer moka stayed awakened. Obviously it was not quite the same but in turn the longer moka stayed awake the less she resembled the usual inner moka and the more she resembled outer moka.

I had a thought which did not get much attention before though. What if the rosary is not actually creating a new personality but rather the personality is a byproduct of the rosary? Basically, the personality is not something embedded in the rosary. The rosary basically seals moka's power and after putting it on she lost her memories. Losing her memories, her including her training, caused her a big deal of insecurity. Perhaps even the very sealing of her power had an effect on her personality as a whole. Loss of power, memories, her mother, the difficult life she had being alone as a child would perhaps unintentionally generate the personality and akasha knew that. That would mean outer moka is not actually a different person from inner moka but rather a pale version who had the strong independent points of her personality removed. Of course, that would also mean moka is quite literally insane and has a personality disorder of sorts by now lol.

Zatono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
About your thought on the Rosary, all that means is that Tsukune, who believe it or not, is the main character of this series, is predestined to be continually screwed over in this manga, unless she gets an artificial body like Bludvein said.

I wouldn't really like that though, because that'd be the equivalent of Tsukune ending up with a completely fake person, who's also utterly useless.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He wouldn't necessarily be screwed over. He'd only have to realize he does like inner moka and that outer moka's very existence has no inherent value beyond that of an inflatable doll. He could also focus on the other bazillion girls who can't wait to screw him over.

Zatono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
He wouldn't necessarily be screwed over. He'd only have to realize he does like inner moka and that outer moka's very existence has no inherent value beyond that of an inflatable doll. He could also focus on the other bazillion girls who can't wait to screw him over.
For someone with common sense? Quite possible for this to occur. For Tsukune? Un-friggin-believable. The man has to be babied every step of the way by his more competent and interesting female cast. Even the mafia family, that we barely know anything about, is more interesting then he is.

Usually I like whatever the main character does because you can see a purpose, but in this case...sigh.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, blandness has always been tsukune's main most prominent characteristic. Heck, it is his overwhelming mediocrity that actually led to the events which started the manga lol (check the first chapter). Thinking about it, most characters in the manga are in many ways very uni dimensional and simple. The females at least are drawn hot lol, I guess that really made the manga....

When is the next chapter due though? I think it is quite late by now lol.

Zatono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The new chapter is out, check MF :p

Tsukune is a prick, and Gin is a pro. That is all.

elitefox

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Damn Tsukune and Moka at the last page really looks good :D

http://www.mangareader.net/rosario-vampire-ii/39/25

I love the pace of the story... Tsukune has his eyes only on Moka and that is very admirable with all the hot girls around

Why would Mizore, a victim of multiple rape attempts be in on a rape joke? And Gin never would have done this prior to the chapter. It was Character Derailment, plain and simple.

And Tsukune was being heartless.

Telling the truth earlier with cause less damage than giving her hope that she might get tsukune's eyes even for a moment, sad but I don't want a harem solution and stick with moka alone

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not an exceptionally interesting chapter honestly. Other than the humor at the beginning (lol at kurumu) I don't think we saw anything worth seeing at all. I did not expect that tsukune would be physically incapable of performing yokai techniques so that he would actually need to be altogether modified though. I don't think we needed a while chapter to see what we saw though.

shakes12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
makes no sense since the person has a month to do it

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I liked the chapter although it did seem mildly short. Anyone has a clue as to how much longer the manga has though? The first season ended at about this many chapters and right now things are getting quite interesting although the bit about fairy tail having sub divisions should make things last quite a while longer.

shakes12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
The chapter starts with Kurumu still running away and crying Tsukune's name. She remembers how Tsukune asked that Touhou Fuhai should give him the power to protect Moka. Shedding tears Kurumu whispers that he shouldn't do it.

There are more flashbacks where Fuhai explains that he will change Tsukune's body so that he can use Youkai techniques but that this way also is too dangerous and has a low sucess rate. As a result Tskune will die in case of failure. Hence the name "Death's body restructuring technique". Kurumu goes on that it's no good and cries about that even if he does this for Moka many times, it's still ... She stumbles and whispers he should stop but realizes that her voice won't reach him anymore. And that somebody should stop Tsukune. In the meantime Gin appears at her location whereas Touhou is about to start his ritual.

Touhou states that he put a barrier around the area and tat from now on until the technique formular is over he has to stay here and that he can't even do a single step plus that no one from the outside can lend him a hand. Then he changes into his true from. He says that he asks one more time that if he wants to stop this is his last chance. Tsukune responds that if nobody does it, they can't save Moka without defeating Akua's Jigentou.

Determined, Tsukune asks Touhou to begin and make him stronger. Touhou gets ready and says "Alright, if you have still this resolution, I don't see a reason to stop. Show me how far your willpower can lead you!" and pins the first needle in his left shoulder area. As a result a part gets ripped apart. Touhou remarks that he has a good inital reaction as he didn't raise his voice one time. He explains that the tip of his needle is infused with his Youki and went already in his body. Launching this needle should feel like an bug sting.

The reconstruction sews together his cells while the energy that becomes the origin of the Youkai techniques among other things. This amplified "channel" will be formed inside his body. This is the Body Remodeling Technique in simple terms. A single needle is like thousand ones that penetrates the body. He continues that this pain is caused by the body getting torn up and when the amount of needles increase, the pain doubles. In the end the number of inserted needles are 109. The number of strings that goes in the body can easily exceed 1.000.000! Fuahi says that until all needles are lauched he should do his best to live.
After that Kurumu screams his name. Then she notices, she's in Gin arms. He tolds her to hold on. Fast forward to another breakdown of Kurumu. She cries that it's just painful and that she would die if Tsukune and Moka get together. Gin shows his soft side and says she should try to forget Tsukune.

We see Tsukune break down and Kurumu senses it and says she got a bad premonition and rushes in his direction. She also says that something happened to his body. Gin tries to stop her but no chance.
Tsukume collapsed when Fuhai inserted the 108th needle. He says that he would like to say that the next one is the last. He states that the 109th needle will go through the heart and will be the most dangerous one. He says that Tsukune doesn't have any willpower left and that he won't endure it and that this is unfortunate after he came this far. He also says he will interrupt the technique formular and that Tsukune did well. When he's about to leave Touhou thinks that used too much Youki and that for a moment it appears that his Youkai technique wouldn't work. Suddenly the holy lock breaks and Touhou thinks 'Wait ...'.

With a large shizplotion Tsukune stands up which shocks Touhou who asks hif he still has power left and that it should be impossible. In a trance-like state Tsukune mutters Moka's name and Touhou notices the holy lock. He wonders if the thing that is held by the lock will come out when driven to the utmost limit. He thinks that this however is impossible and what the heck Tsukune is.

At the end of the chapter, Kurumu arrives and is shocked to see Tsukune in a demon-esque state. The chapter ends with the sidetext "a jet back atypical appearance ...!!!"

http://bigt1987.blogspot.com/2011/03/rosario-vampire-ii-40-and-extra-chapter.html

Last edited: