Low Tier Singles - Round 1 Block B - Hiyoshi Wakashi vs Hirakoba Rin | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Low Tier Singles Round 1 Block B - Hiyoshi Wakashi vs Hirakoba Rin

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Hiyoshi Wakashi

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Hirakoba Rin

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Singles - Low Tier
Round 1 Block B

NameHiyoshi Wakashi
GradeMiddle School 2nd Year
BirthdayDecember 5th
Height172 cm
Weight60 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner

VERSUS

NameHirakoba Rin
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayMarch 3rd
Height172 cm
Weight54 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder

Serve order: Hiyoshi -> Hirakoba

This round ends on Saturday, August 17th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hirakoba was able to push Fuji to the point he needed a new counter. He returned all of Fuji's triple counters, no way in hell Hiyoshi can do that. Hirakoba also has Habu and it's not that easy to return. Even if Hiyoshi can return Tannahueser (due to all the times he saw it), he won't stand a chance against a guy who pushed Fuji that far.

The only way I see Hirakoba losing is if he decides for no aparent reason to use Giant Habu and weaken his grip, and he's not going to do that again.

I can't see Hirakoba losing. Enbu tennis isn't going to faze Hirakoba.

Hirakoba wins 6-1 or gets a bagel.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hirakoba wouldn't have gotten that far in singles. Also, Hiyoshi had a close match with non-Muga!Ryoma (4-6) and fixed his greatest weakness, his stamina, since then. 6-1 is a ridiculous result.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I actually agree with Kaoz. Hiyoshi is mark by man Hyoutei as a hidden ace on their team. Higa is a strong school, but I think Hyoutei are much stronger.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hirakoba wouldn't have gotten that far in singles. Also, Hiyoshi had a close match with non-Muga!Ryoma (4-6) and fixed his greatest weakness, his stamina, since then. 6-1 is a ridiculous result.
Come on, really? You're going to quote the match that we both accept has a ridiculous scoreline? That match was 6-1 (it was only even that because Ryoma screwed around for a game), but it was made 6-4 to make Hiyoshi look better, at least score-wise.

Now that Hiyoshi has Front Foot Hopping Return and the strangeness of dealing with Enbu Tennis, I'd give Hiyoshi a 7-6 victory here. I doubt that Habu, or Ohabu (but that's not a great idea for Hirakoba to use), would give Hiyoshi too much trouble. It's hard to say, however. Hiyoshi may not have the offense to really hurt Hirakoba on the other hand. I think that Hiyoshi will outlast him in a tiebreak.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Come on, really? You're going to quote the match that we both accept has a ridiculous scoreline? That match was 6-1 (it was only even that because Ryoma screwed around for a game), but it was made 6-4 to make Hiyoshi look better, at least score-wise.
We didn't see the majority of the match, so while it's true that Ryoma looked better during the bit we did see, I don't think we should discard the scoreline.

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Hiyoshi will take this one pretty easily. The front hop will allow him to take the Habu on the rise. The only problem that might arise is if Rin mastered the Ohabu in training camp. Even still Hiyoshi is a more experienced player who having seen others do it can pretty easily seal the shukuchi method (because Rin doesn't have the balance that Kite does). I see Hiyoshi taking the match 6-3 or 6-2 depending on how long it takes him to get used to the Habu/ Ohabu.

Status
Not open for further replies.