High Tier Singles - Round 1 Block B - Inui Sadaharu vs Yamato Yuudai | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

High Tier Singles Round 1 Block B - Inui Sadaharu vs Yamato Yuudai

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Inui Sadaharu

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Yamato Yuudai

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Singles - High Tier
Round 1 Block B

NameInui Sadaharu
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayJune 3rd
Height184 cm
Weight62 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleServe and Volley

VERSUS

NameYamato Yuudai
GradeHigh School 2nd Year
BirthdayAugust 8th
Height182 cm
Weight68 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleCounter Puncher

Serve order: Yamato -> Inui

This round ends on Saturday, August 17th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yamato's tennis style is based on killing opponents who use prediction in their tennis.
Inui will take the lead, and like against Tezuka, Yamato will creep up with his GUYU and take the set.
Yamato wins 6-3.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yamato's GUYU is too much for Inui. Inui should take some games with Waterfall serve but it's not like Yamato can't return it, of course he will. Then he'll unleash GUYU and win the match. Data Tennis isn't gonna work against GUYU as people who predict the opponent's actions and shots will fall prey to it.

Yamato takes it either 6-3 or 6-4.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Yamato is really a guy who's about even with National Tezuka. I don't thikn Inui comes close to that level at all.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
There's also the fact that Yamato was 3rd Court level without ever using GUYU.
After using GUYU he had to have been like 1st Court level maybe. Considering he was chosen to face the Top10 its likely thats where he truly is.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, there's 8 player in 1st court, I think. -1 to that because one of them is actually 1st stringer. He could also be 2nd court level. But I like not to think that 2nd court have people who is as powerful as Tezuka already.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
First of all, we don't know if Yamato used GUYU before his match with Tezuka, nobody knew he used a special move until he explained it, so it's entirely possible that he had been using it for a while and just didn't tell anyone what it was.

Secondly, what exactly is stopping Inui from analysing the course of the real ball and swinging at the calculated point instead of the ball he's seeing? Data Tennis is, as the name suggests, based on data after all, so I don't think it's the same thing Tezuka does. I'm not saying it'll always work, but since he has Watefall as backup as well, just returning it sometimes should already be good enough.

Also, Ken, while I do agree with what you said about Marui's results in the other thread, isn't it true that Inui beat No. 17? On the other hand, Yamato is still only a 2nd stringer and if you want to believe the list we were given, only the 10th best at that.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hmm, you bring up a good point. Inui did also have a mountain training, so he's most likely stronger now. It could just be that the tier just raised up from PoT time, with 1st court being the old Tezuka level (Well, he didn't used Saiki in that match either. Or combined Saiki+Hyakuren. So it could be lower, really).

Well, let's say you convinced me. I change my vote.

I'll also add that Inui is so far the only data player to have collect data and change his data mid match.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm actually picking Yamato in this match. If GUYU prevented Saiki, and Saiki's better than DT, then, in my mind, GUYU takes this match. I'll go 6-2 or 6-3 Yamato.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I'll also add that Inui is so far the only data player to have collect data and change his data mid match.
I thought that, actually, Yanagi's data was exactly that. Instead of collecting a ton of data before a match, he's better at analysing mid match. Also, Saiki should be kinda like that too...

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
^According to the Pair Puris, that's how it is: http://fanbook.livejournal.com/22348.html

Also, there can be another reason for Tezuka not using Saiki besides it not working at all. If, like I suggested, DT can let you hit GUYU sometimes, but not all the time, the same could be true for Saiki (you calculate where both the fake and real ball go and then decide for one, overall you'd have a 50% chance to hit it, maybe a bit less depending on how good you and Yamato are at mind games). On the other hand, Phantom wins the point 100% of the time, so (arm injury aside) it's the superior option.

Last edited:

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
We have seen Inui abandon data tennis before, it's not essential that he uses it. In that situation GUYU would be useless. With Tezuka since it was a natural ability, he was forced to predict where the ball would go. Inui only chooses to use data tennis.

According to Yamato's stats he's not especially powerful and he has nowhere near as much stamina as Inui has. I think with the waterfall and Inui's tennis abilities (without using data) he would be able to overcome Yamato.

I think Yamato was a perfect opponent for Tezuka but I don't think he would be as effective against anyone else.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I thought that, actually, Yanagi's data was exactly that. Instead of collecting a ton of data before a match, he's better at analysing mid match. Also, Saiki should be kinda like that too...
He's actually seem to gather data before hand. Hell, he knows what the foreigner are planning to say even before the match is started. And it seem once his data got broken (Inui and #17 match), he really just fail hard at the match.

Inui, on the other hand, collect data mid match countless amount of time.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
He's actually seem to gather data before hand. Hell, he knows what the foreigner are planning to say even before the match is started. And it seem once his data got broken (Inui and #17 match), he really just fail hard at the match.

Inui, on the other hand, collect data mid match countless amount of time.
That.

Uhm, even if we have seen Inui collecting data mid match, how many times has he been playing while doing it? Most of the time, he just stands there or is the enemy's punching bag :/

As Yanagi is surely a better tennis player (being part of the Rikkai big 3 and all that crap) he doesn't have much problem collecting data while playing.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Not better, just more "technical" (is that even a word? :lmao )

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Yanagi being better tennis player than Inui is just out at this point. He lost to an opponent Inui beat. I think Inui is very much underrated because his latest match against probably the strongest player he've play against is skip. If Yanagi can gather data mid match the same as Inui watch that match (from that article, they are both 40%), it just flat out mean Inui use his data better than Yanagi.

Then, there's also fact that an oversea team mean that #17 probably appear on tv. If Yanagi can't just watch tv and collect data there, that's just bad. He's also Yanagi mentor, so Yanagi is in the same position as Inui. Yet he fail to grasp the same % as Inui. I can't view Yanagi as above Inui at this point in the series. I'll agree with you that this is probably true at the part where Yanagi beat Akaya, before the mountain training, though.

After that, just no.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
It was a data tennis match, Yanagi had 0 % chance of winning there, as # 17 knew everything about him, but he didn't know anything at all about Inui...

Status
Not open for further replies.