Low Tier Singles - Round 1 Block D - Akutagawa Jirou vs Amane Hikaru | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Low Tier Singles Round 1 Block D - Akutagawa Jirou vs Amane Hikaru

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Akutagawa Jirou

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Amane Hikaru

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Singles - Low Tier
Round 1 Block D

NameAkutagawa Jirou
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayMay 5th
Height160 cm
Weight49 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleServe and Volley

VERSUS

NameAmane Hikaru
GradeMiddle School 2nd Year
BirthdayNovember 22nd
Height180 cm
Weight69 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner

Serve order: Akutagawa -> Amane

This round ends on Sunday, August 11th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't know what to think about this match. Both of them are in 6th court, Amane is just power and nothing else. Jirou has Magic Volley and defeated Kabaji.

Maybe Amane's long racket could catch up to Jirou's Magic Volley, or he reaches it and fails to return it. Amane's really just power, but outside of that he's really weak.

I'm going with Jirou, 6-4 for him. I don't see Amane winning this match.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The main reason why Akutagawa was able to defeat Kabaji was that Kabaji wasn't able to copy the Magic Volley, and since Amane isn't trying to copy the volley, this shouldn't be a major point in Akutagawa's favour in my opinion.

Also, if we're talking about covering the entire court from the baseline, I think Amane wouldn't be able to return the Magic Volley consistently, however if he moves up to the net as well, his special racket should be enough to cover the relevant area. Since Akutagawa has nothing outside of his excellent volley, once that's rendered useless, I don't see him beating anyone significant. Amane probably also has a stamina advantage, should the match turn into an endurance battle.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I'm going with Amane. Jirou match with Kabaji can be ignore completely. Kabaji fight Tezuka pretty well, but there's no way Jirou can even get 1 game off Tezuka when he lost to Regional Fuji 6-1. And I don't think Jirou had enough power to return Amane move either. At least not for the whole match. The 1 set match does give Jirou some chances. If this is the best of 3, I think Amane would win for sure.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
If Amane gets into any sort of rally with Jirou before Jirou reaches the net then its over for Jirou.
But as long as Jirou is at the net, due to Amane not really being Mid level, he has no hope of returning it.

We're looking at a 7-5 win here. I might go with Jirou, I'm really not sure.

He trains in a court that is more competitive maybe?
I dunno, perhaps training in 6thCourt with Yukimura, Fuji, Yagyuu, Yushi is not as competitve as training with Tezuka, Atobe, Shiraishi, Kite, Akutsu, Gin, Kirihara, Tachibana & Chitose?
Overall Jirou's court had more top guys than the other so maybe that helps him out I'm not sure.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
David easily defeated Bane (who is another serve and volley player) so he's surely used to that style. On the other hand, Jirou struggled against Kabaji, who only tried to copy him.

But as long as Jirou is at the net, due to Amane not really being Mid level, he has no hope of returning it.
He has a huge racket :arf

This is kina like Kenya vs Jirou in the last torunament (Kenya should had won... but fans :3 ). David has a really nice court coverage thanks to his racket + a lot of power to make Jirou struggle.

He won't break Jirou's serve early though, as he has his slice serve, but in the moment he loses a bit ofstamina, Amane has it.

I'd say Amane wins, 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.