[Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Singles 2] Yamato vs Kabaji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Singles 2] Yamato vs Kabaji

Who will win?

• Yamato Yuudai

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Kabaji Munehiro

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Singles 2Yamato YuudaiKabaji Munehiro
TitleThe Man who flows like the Rivers -
SchoolHigh School 2nd YearHyoutei Gakuen 2nd Year
Height182 cm190 cm
Weight68 kg85 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleTechnical Counter Puncher???
TechniquesGen'U Yume Utsutsu -

Serve order: Kabaji -> Yamato

This round ends on Wednesday, September 19th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Surely, Kabaji cannot predict a shot that does not allow prediction?

It only works on high players, and I don't know if Kabaji is a high player or not. This is difficult.
Wanna say Yamato because I think he is cool. I have nothing to base an opinion with Yamato who made it to 3rd Court with such appalling stats, and has that amazing technique he hid.
Compared to Kabaji who take Tezuka into Tie-break but lose to Akutagawa and have a draw against Kawamura.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Assuming that Kabaji can copy Yamato Gen'U Yume Utsutsu, Yamato would seemed to be in big trouble. But it's really unknown what will happen. Yamato possibly can answer his own technique, but I don't see Kabaji returning this technique at all. There's argument for both side. This is actually quite an interesting match.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yamato's stats are really low, he depends on a tech that I'll believe Kabaji would be able to copy. Kabaji is stronger, faster, has more stamina... He might be an idiot, but he won't lose unless he faces someone with a specific Playstyle (Acrobatic, magic volleys, Speed, etc) or someone that is far superior (Atobe for example).

Kabaji wins this.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Yamato's ability level is higher than Kabaji. Kabaji doesn't have much to copy, so it will be like the match against Jiro which ended in Kabaji losing because of physical abilities. I think Yamato's base skill is just better than Kabaji, so Kabaji loses.

FuRinKaZan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
I think, Kabaji with his power can beat Yamato, but it's very hard to decide, i really can say what exactly will happen on this match.. for now..Kabaji Wins

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I think Yamato's ability level is higher than Kabaji.
Also is Tezuka's, and he almost lost to Kabaji (rain saved him).

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This is making me crazy, it's a very interesting match but I don't know exactly the winner. I'm going with Yamato, I don't see Kabaji returning Gen'U Yume Utsutsu, but again Kabaji's power would be enough to take points from Yamato. Even if Yamato wins games, Kabaji could win games with his power and ability to copy. Again, I say Yamato but I'm unsure about this, so I don't know what to say really about who would win this match.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yamato's base stat was a joke, but its likely he hadnt been playing seriously since then.
Since he was chosen to play the Top 10 along with Tokugawa Kazuya when the Top 10 arrived.

So its possible his true stats are higher. I doubt he is stronger than Kabaji.
Also, Yamato will know how to return GUYU definetely. Just like Chitose handling Kamikakushi, Fuji handling Higuma Otoshi and Atobe handling Tannhauser Serve.

Kabaji is just a mirror. I don't think the mirror will lose here, but I don't see Yamato on the end of a defeat here either.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also is Tezuka's, and he almost lost to Kabaji (rain saved him).
This is a half truth. We need to remember the context of that match. Tezuka was not simply rallying against Kabaji, he was using HjnK. In a battle of HjnK vs HjnK, obviously the one with the most physical strength will win. Kabaji only copies techniques, therefore Kabaji is only a mirror when talking about techniques (which is why Jiro beat him easily). My argument was that since there isn't much to copy when it comes to Yamato, that will work against Kabaji if his overall ability level is not on the same tier. If Tezuka stopped using HjnK and TZone back then, and just simply rallied with Kabaji, Tezuka would have won.

Last edited:

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i choose you Kabaji!

how the hell did yamato get on his court number? but based on his stat chart and his special skills, the win goes to kabaji.

Genu utsusu or waterever, only worked on tezuka for a specific reason. i forgot what the manga said. but kabaji is pure, ( according to atobe)
he copies what he sees and there fore he can mirror all shots that yamato makes and at a greater strength too.

Tsukihime no uta

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In all of prince of tennis, how many matches has kabaji won? The only one I can recall is the doubles match with him and kawamura, but that one they were losing big time.
His other matches-- loss to jirou, loss to tezuka, and tied with kawamura. I don't think kabaji is really smart enough to beat any other characters because all he can do is copy.

Yamato so far has only lost against tezuka, PoP tezuka! with a score of 6-4. His stats were shown really low, but even his teammates acknowledged that he was hiding his true skill.

Overall, Yamato is a higher skilled player that could prolly beat the copy cat 6-4.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
i choose you Kabaji!

how the hell did yamato get on his court number? but based on his stat chart and his special skills, the win goes to kabaji.

Genu utsusu or waterever, only worked on tezuka for a specific reason. i forgot what the manga said. but kabaji is pure, ( according to atobe)
he copies what he sees and there fore he can mirror all shots that yamato makes and at a greater strength too.
GUYU works on any good player. Since good players naturally look at the swing movement of their opponent to know where the ball is heading. It wasnt just specifically Tezuka.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
GUYU works on any good player. Since good players naturally look at the swing movement of their opponent to know where the ball is heading. It wasnt just specifically Tezuka.
But Kabaji doesn't seem to be the one who analyzes his opponent and predicts where the next shot will be like Tezuka does. I think he could see where the real ball is and I don't see that Yamato has much more to fight against Kabaji if GUYU doesn't work.

In terms of power and stamina, Kabaji wins. In technique and mental, Yamato is superior, his real stats are much higher than the stat chart, so he might have something else appart from GUYU, as he is a "box of surprises" (by Irie).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yamato Yuudai: 4 votes
Kabaji Munehiro: 4 votes

Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.