[Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Singles 1] Oni vs Atobe | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Singles 1] Oni vs Atobe

Who will win?

• Oni Juujirou

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Atobe Keigo

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
it's hard to say. I mean if atobe risks using AK on Oni, after oni uses Black JK he might risk having his wrist being damaged.
I remember momo using 2 hands to attmempt to return it. Is atobe 's physically stronger than momo,, who is known as a power player?
Momoshiro is a player known with Power. Not a Power Player.
Only Middle School Power Players according to the Databooks are Tanishi Kei, Kawamura Takashi, Kabaji Munehiro and the Ishida bros.
Date Danji, Duke Watanabe and Ban Rikiya are the only known HS Power Players.

Power Players are players who base their whole tennis on Power shots.
Oni is more than simple Power. He hits 10 balls at once, and chased down a Drop Shot and hits shots with technique.
Oni isn't a Power Player.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

it seems almost unavoidable to counter unless you have a super strong atk technique. I'm also surprised momo executed it. I mean momo is less strong and has less technique than oni.

the anime not being canon, showed kintaro returning the Black JK with super strong special super mountain dessert atk.
It happened in the manga. Kintaro can return BJK.
Also, Momoshiro was due an upgrade since Nationals Semifinals. He is of Seigaku and was one of Ryoma's rivals remember.
I wasn't really shocked when I saw him hit BJK.

I was more surprised that because of one backhand shot, Taira/Hara lost the match. They could have easily only hit the ball to Kenya.
They had signficantly more technique than both Momo and Kenya.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, Duke is said to be the No.1 Power Player of U-17 Japan. So Oni can't be, otherwise they wouldn't have labelled Duke as the strongest.
You're not understanding my point lol. Being the "No.1 Power Player" does not mean you can bench press more boulders than Oni. Oni is not a power player, like you said, yet he could dominate every one of them thus far BECAUSE he is the strongest character "PHYSICALLY" and he is just flat out good at tennis. This does not mean Oni's playstyle is that of a power player, which is why he isn't ranked in that category. My point is, both can be true. They are not contradicting each other. Duke can be the best power player in Japan, and Oni can be the physically strongest person in the series at the same time.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
And that is higher ranked than Oni doesn't mean he's stronger. Even if he has more power, Oni is stronger physically and coul return perfectly Duke Homerun for example. He made fun of Yama Arashi and could have destroyed Gin also like Duke did. Oni's real power should be around No.2 level, Tanegashima, who I think is stronger than Irie, Tokugawa and Oni.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
You're not understanding my point lol. Being the "No.1 Power Player" does not mean you can bench press more boulders than Oni. Oni is not a power player, like you said, yet he could dominate every one of them thus far BECAUSE he is the strongest character "PHYSICALLY" and he is just flat out good at tennis. This does not mean Oni's playstyle is that of a power player, which is why he isn't ranked in that category. My point is, both can be true. They are not contradicting each other. Duke can be the best power player in Japan, and Oni can be the physically strongest person in the series at the same time.
I get what you're saying now,
It isn't out there that Oni could be physically stronger, but at the same time, the possibility is still strongly there that Duke Watanabe is physically stronger.
We haven't seen how Duke trains yet, since Konomi has no limits on how people train in this series, Duke might also lift boulders.

I personally don't see Oni dominating Duke physically though. Whoever is the stronger one (I personally think its Duke), neither one I see dominating the other.

And that is higher ranked than Oni doesn't mean he's stronger. Even if he has more power, Oni is stronger physically and coul return perfectly Duke Homerun for example. He made fun of Yama Arashi and could have destroyed Gin also like Duke did. Oni's real power should be around No.2 level, Tanegashima, who I think is stronger than Irie, Tokugawa and Oni.
That's exactly what I think about this 1st Stringer list so far. I believe Konomi is hiding a lot.

But I don't know where you're basing your idea on Oni and Tanegashima being better than Irie and Tokugawa yet.
So far Tokugawa, Oni and Irie have been portrayed on one tier level so far.

Secondly, we don't know if Oni could destroy Gin through sheer power.
We only know BJK, which if Ishida has 108th Hadoukyuu, should be able to return.

I also don't know why you think he could perfectly return Duke Homerun through physical power.
We don't know enough about the Top 8 or their abilities.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oni Juujirou: 6 votes
Atobe Keigo: 3 votes

Winner: Oni Juujirou

Status
Not open for further replies.