[Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 1] Ochi vs Tooyama | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 1] Ochi vs Tooyama

Who will win?

• Ochi Tsukimitsu

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tooyama Kintarou

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
If Atobe dropped like 2 games from it, unless you are suggesting Tooyama has a higher Mental than Atobe, then Tooyama should drop a game or two it as well.
It could be? I think Atobe will probably be the same way from Yips too. The only three MS I saw standing after Yips is Echizen, Sanada, and Tezuka.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It could be? I think Atobe will probably be the same way from Yips too. The only three MS I saw standing after Yips is Echizen, Sanada, and Tezuka.
Tezuka didn't get Yukimura's Yips.
Yukimura's Yips isnt the little Yips Tezuka got. Yuki's Yipes makes you blind, deaf and other ridiculous things.
Atobe should suffer from Yips as easy as the next man.
Atobe only has a 3 in Mental, but I'm not sure if Kintaro has any higher.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Tezuka didn't get Yukimura's Yips.
Yukimura's Yips isnt the little Yips Tezuka got. Yuki's Yipes makes you blind, deaf and other ridiculous things.
Atobe should suffer from Yips as easy as the next man.
Atobe only has a 3 in Mental, but I'm not sure if Kintaro has any higher.
No, but Tezuka got and can control PoP freely. That means he>>>>>> Yips.

And you're right, it's unknown if Kintarou mental is any higher. But I think judging from his attitude, I won't be surprised if it's higher. There's also a fact that Kintarou was the main character Konomi was planning to use before he replaced him with Echizen, too.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i like kintaro, but the mental asssasin...
i would think ochi would win

atobe was said to have good mental, and not sure if the manga showed his stat chart.
but i dont think kintaro has atobe's level of mental strength.
as as people stated , kintaro plays for fun and is competitive, so i'm inclined to believe his mental str is low and he cant over come the evil eye.
yea kintaro is strong... but you can counter with 2 hand swing. if you guys are refering to kintaro's super move, just wait until he uses it and it gets hit out of the court in not passed the net.

like wtf kintaro may use lots of his stamina. just my opinion i know i'm not in the majority on this one

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The super move actually seemed to fly straight at your opponent. And it's more dangerous than a shot that break the spotlight.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
my point is if kintaro is under the influence of ochi's ability , then maybe kintaro will miss or hit it out.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think 10 guys holding a racquet have a better chance of hitting a ball than just 1.
If we're talking about hitting the ball in different possible locations like with Vanish, sure. If we're talking about reaction speed, it doesn't change anything.

Thanks Kaoz,
However, with Clone Technique, Kintaro can just begin releasing clones before the serve is made. We can't rule that out.
I assume you mean he'd have them swing one after another in a straight line or something like that (assuming that's even possible)? Remember that Ochi can vary the timing on his serve as he pleases (as in, he isn't forced to hit by anything other than the time limit), so he can just watch what Kintarou does and hit it when the timing is right.

Also if you're willing to give Ochi 4 or 5 games, I think he takes it. The mental pressure only increases as time goes on.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
No, but Tezuka got and can control PoP freely. That means he>>>>>> Yips.

And you're right, it's unknown if Kintarou mental is any higher. But I think judging from his attitude, I won't be surprised if it's higher. There's also a fact that Kintarou was the main character Konomi was planning to use before he replaced him with Echizen, too.
You just said Tezuka was still standing, but he never suffered it. Ever.
We already know Tezuka >>> Yips, Right now Tezuka >>>> Everything until we see any different.

I know about Kintaro being main character, but it doesnt change the fact that he is portrayed as stupid.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
You just said Tezuka was still standing, but he never suffered it. Ever.
We already know Tezuka >>> Yips, Right now Tezuka >>>> Everything until we see any different.

I know about Kintaro being main character, but it doesnt change the fact that he is portrayed as stupid.
Stupid could also means that Kintarou won't care enough about the match enough for Mental Assassination to kick in. Or it can also means that he won't be affect by anything that happen in the match because he's too stupid to care. Mental=/= Smart. We never ever saw Kintarou being set back in any match no matter how bad things are for him. Isn't that the definition of high mental? I at least believe you used this justification that Yagyuu had high mental and Kaidoh had low mental.

Also, the fact that he WAS the main character means he's probably pretty dang good at not giving up. Do I need to tell you about standard shounen main characters personality?

And *cough* to anyone that bring up improvement and plot power in other thread. There's no way Kintarou can lose this one, right, right? Kintarou surely got more plot-power than Tachibana/Chitose/Hiyoshi because he was supposedly the guy that suppose to be leading this manga!*sarcasm*

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I assume you mean he'd have them swing one after another in a straight line or something like that (assuming that's even possible)? Remember that Ochi can vary the timing on his serve as he pleases (as in, he isn't forced to hit by anything other than the time limit), so he can just watch what Kintarou does and hit it when the timing is right.

Also if you're willing to give Ochi 4 or 5 games, I think he takes it. The mental pressure only increases as time goes on.
Really and truly, Ochi should take this at the 7-5 mark by this.
Neither one of them will lose their service game.
The only issue is that Kintaro will definetely drop at least one game to Mental Pressure.

Just the fact Ochi is known as the Mental Assassin and has the respect of the rest of the Top 10 for Mental Pressure, it implies he took out many guys at the camp with it.
He just has to take a game at the least off of Kintaro.

The only argument for Kintaro is that Ochi is damaged after a Super Megaton Deluxe early on in the match.
With that it should lower Mach's speed so Kintaro can adjust to take it.
I'm giving Ochi his service game definetely, but I can't confirm just how weak he is in terms of Physical strength.

We just know he isn't particularly strong physically.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The only argument for Kintaro is that Ochi is damaged after a Super Megaton Deluxe early on in the match.
With that it should lower Mach's speed so Kintaro can adjust to take it.
I'm giving Ochi his service game definetely, but I can't confirm just how weak he is in terms of Physical strength.

We just know he isn't particularly strong physically.
Technically true, but Hakamada wasn't damaged by it either, and while he might have more power than Ochi, I don't see it being that much more (by virtue of the G10 supposedly being so much above the rest of the 1st String iirc and unlike Date and Ban he didn't have the physical appearance of a power player). I just don't see Yama Funka as something to really be afraid of here I guess.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Technically true, but Hakamada wasn't damaged by it either, and while he might have more power than Ochi, I don't see it being that much more (by virtue of the G10 supposedly being so much above the rest of the 1st String iirc and unlike Date and Ban he didn't have the physical appearance of a power player). I just don't see Yama Funka as something to really be afraid of here I guess.
I know what you mean.
Yama Funka doesn't give me that feeling either.

Although what we do know is that Tooyama took out Ibu Shinji through sheer power.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't dare compare Ibu to Ochi so I don't know if we can use this for Tooyama.

This match is going into Tie-break possibly now.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ochi Tsukimitsu: 3 votes
Tooyama Kintarou: 8 votes

Winner: Tooyama Kintarou

Status
Not open for further replies.