[Round 2 - Team 1 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Tezuka vs Fuji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 2 - Team 1 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Tezuka vs Fuji

Who will win?

• Tezuka Kunimitsu

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Fuji Shuusuke

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Singles 1Tezuka KunimitsuFuji Shuusuke
Title - Prodigy
SchoolSeishun Gakuen 3rd YearSeishun Gakuen 3rd Year
Height179 cm167 cm
Weight58 kg53 kg
Dominant HandLeftRight
PlaystyleAll RounderTechnical Counter Puncher
TechniquesZero Shiki Drop Shot
Tezuka Zone
Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami
Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami
Zero Shiki Serve
Tezuka Phantom
Houou Gaeshi
Kirin Otoshi
Hakuryuu
Kagero Zutsumi
Hecatoncheires no Monban
Hoshi Hanabi
Closed Eyes

Serve order: Tezuka -> Fuji

This round ends on Sunday, September 30th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
ZSS takes each and every game it has.
So that's already 3-0.
Houou Gaeshi caught as Tezuka can anticipate drops and catch them as shown by Tezuka!Niou. He is a master of drop shots after all.
Kirin Otoshi can't work since he can put TZ spin on his smashes. As shown by Tezuka!Niou.
Hakuryuu can be caught before rising. Fourth Counter can be read by Top Tier players and 5th Counter can be cleanly defeated. All as shown by Tezuka!Niou.

SKnK and HJnK are ineffective when Fuji uses CE. He can hit weaker but well placed shots as they come to him so he can't be predicted, then he takes the points with Cord Ball.
So neither lose their serve. Until the other gives in.
Tell me what I've missed so far.
(Disappearing Serve can be returned through either HJnK or Tezuka can return it easily.Eespecially since he has seen it so many times as Fuji's close friend).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Technically we're talking about the Tezuka after the team shuffle here, so he wouldn't kill his arm for the heck of it.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
This should be exactly like the Tezuka vs Fuji match in SPOT. I don't care about the "I won't lose to the same opponent twice", Tezuka destroys Fuji and leaves him crying in the floor.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Technically we're talking about the Tezuka after the team shuffle here, so he wouldn't kill his arm for the heck of it.
And this is without TMnK right?
Tezuka would kill his arm for the heck of it. No?
He was just awesome like that. He didn't know how to give in.

I don't know... During the match against Yamato... Wasn't he achieving Hyakku Ren in different parts of his body? I couldn't tell the way it was drawn but that's what I thought.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

This should be exactly like the Tezuka vs Fuji match in SPOT. I don't care about the "I won't lose to the same opponent twice", Tezuka destroys Fuji and leaves him crying in the floor.
Not really. Tezuka w/out TMnK is within Nationals!Fuji's reach. It won't be an ass-kicking.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
And this is without TMnK right?
Correct.

Tezuka would kill his arm for the heck of it. No?
He was just awesome like that. He didn't know how to give in.
From what we've seen, he stopped using Phantom after Yamato told him to play for his own sake. It's open for interpretation how much he uses it from now on I suppose.

I don't know... During the match against Yamato... Wasn't he achieving Hyakku Ren in different parts of his body? I couldn't tell the way it was drawn but that's what I thought.
It's kinda hard to say. I thought that at first too, but lately I've been thinking that he didn't and just saw through GUYU at the end. Really not sure though.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Tezuka didn't get TmnK from Yamato, he would just get it from Fuji. Also, Fuji has never lost to Tezuka, so the whole "never lose twice" thing doesn't even apply. Meaning, Tezuka wins no matter what. The only time they played was when Tezuka was injured, so that was a throw away match that even Fuji wasn't satisfied with. Fuji has nothing against Tezuka.

Tsukihime no uta

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
As much of a fuji fan as I am, I hate to admit that tezuka would beat him here. I think it would be a close match, maybe play out similar to how the anime version of their match went, but overall tezuka has shown that he is a step above fuji.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
can we assume he make his hyakuren aura go to any part of his body like echizen? but no TnK

the players saw he had an aura all over his body, but it wasn't TnK. but it was never stated it was the hyaku ren.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

If Tezuka didn't get TmnK from Yamato, he would just get it from Fuji. Also, Fuji has never lost to Tezuka, so the whole "never lose twice" thing doesn't even apply. Meaning, Tezuka wins no matter what. The only time they played was when Tezuka was injured, so that was a throw away match that even Fuji wasn't satisfied with. Fuji has nothing against Tezuka.
i think why he got it from yamato is because he was free from the pressure of being pillar, and played for another cause and not for his own happiness. So i personally think he wouldnt have got it from fuji.

---------- Post added September 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was September 27, 2012 at 09:43 PM ----------

can someone explain how fuji's final counter works? this will be required for me to determine this match.
my understanding is fuji hits the on the opponents side of the court, close the net, where it suddenly bounces straight up incredibly fast like rebounding from a smash then over into the stands?

its hard to tell from the anime and manga.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If Tezuka didn't get TmnK from Yamato, he would just get it from Fuji.
TnK is still banned.

can we assume he make his hyakuren aura go to any part of his body like echizen? but no TnK

the players saw he had an aura all over his body, but it wasn't TnK. but it was never stated it was the hyaku ren.
Tezuka's Hyakuren does cover all of his body, it's just highly concentrated in his left arm. You can see it here decently well.

I personally think that he can't shift it around, but I can't say for sure.

can someone explain how fuji's final counter works? this will be required for me to determine this match.
my understanding is fuji hits the on the opponents side of the court, close the net, where it suddenly bounces straight up incredibly fast like rebounding from a smash then over into the stands?

its hard to tell from the anime and manga.
First of all, a cord ball is needed to satisfy the conditions. Then Fuji launches the ball straight up and it will crash down somewhere on the opponent's side of the court, then bounce into the stands. Compare it to the Meteor Drive Niou/Akaya used in Inui's dream.

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone think Fourth Counter > Zero Shiki Serve?

If Fuji can catch the serve on the frame, he could easily carry the ball upwards and neutralise the heavy backspin.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Anyone think Fourth Counter > Zero Shiki Serve?

If Fuji can catch the serve on the frame, he could easily carry the ball upwards and neutralise the heavy backspin.
Considering the stance Fuji required, I'm not too sure this would work.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

This won't be an ass-kicking though.
It all depends on Tezuka's ZSS.
Tezuka after the Team Shuffle however I believe can have HJnK beyond his left arm I thought.
7-6 Tezuka.

Since Fuji will push him all the way.
CE + Cord Ball breaks HJnK, SKnK, TZ, and TP. Fuji is awesome.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
As Saiki won't work neither Hyakuren to CE, it's a really hard choice, but Tezuka should still win. Fuji's counters won't work on him, with Hyakuren he blews Fuji away, only Fuji has Hoshi Hanabi, CE won't work on Tezuka due to TPhantom, Tezuka will win this no matter what, unless Fuji gets an incredible new counter. 6-4 Or 7-6 (if Tenimuhou was not banned, Tezuka 6-0). Fuji is helpless against Tezuka, cE win't save him, he would have a hard time with ZSServe, and Tezuka Phantom also, like Hyakuren. He needs a big ass upgrade to have a chance and win.

Since when CE beats Zone? CE and cord balls do but CE won't break Zone or Phantom (without cord balls)

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Even though Fuji will lose, I'll vote for him anyway XD

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

From a previous discussion, people mentioned that players will be able to return their own techniques. So if you assume Fuji could return Houou Gaeshi, since the principle is similar, can you assume he could return ZSS?

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
TnK is still banned.
This doesn't even make sense. How can you ban an actual technique the character uses? That's like saying "Oh yeah, Yukimura isn't allowed to use Yips even though he would obviously use it in a real match." Tezuka would (and has) use TnK against Fuji, those are just the facts. Banning it is just an unrealistic gimp.

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This doesn't even make sense. How can you ban an actual technique the character uses? That's like saying "Oh yeah, Yukimura isn't allowed to use Yips even though he would obviously use it in a real match." Tezuka would (and has) use TnK against Fuji, those are just the facts. Banning it is just an unrealistic gimp.
It's because TnK is super plot power hax. Using it, is basically a guaranteed win. A guaranteed win is not very fair and makes boring discussion.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Even though Fuji will lose, I'll vote for him anyway XD

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

From a previous discussion, people mentioned that players will be able to return their own techniques. So if you assume Fuji could return Houou Gaeshi, since the principle is similar, can you assume he could return ZSS?
ZSS is the ball rolling backwards, but as they have a similar principle... I believe towards the end of the game Fuji will be returning it.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

As Saiki won't work neither Hyakuren to CE, it's a really hard choice, but Tezuka should still win. Fuji's counters won't work on him, with Hyakuren he blews Fuji away, only Fuji has Hoshi Hanabi, CE won't work on Tezuka due to TPhantom, Tezuka will win this no matter what, unless Fuji gets an incredible new counter. 6-4 Or 7-6 (if Tenimuhou was not banned, Tezuka 6-0). Fuji is helpless against Tezuka, cE win't save him, he would have a hard time with ZSServe, and Tezuka Phantom also, like Hyakuren. He needs a big ass upgrade to have a chance and win.

Since when CE beats Zone? CE and cord balls do but CE won't break Zone or Phantom (without cord balls)
CE + Cord Ball seals away Hyakkuren, SKnK, TZ and TP. T Phantom is nullified by the constant cord balls which is why Niou had to become Shiraishi.
Hyakkuren won't work if somebody simply hits well placed weak shots. Shown by Fuji and Chitose.
Fuji can win this. Returning ZSS won't be impossible since he trains with Tezuka in Seigaku, and as MS Winners.

CE + Cord Ball CAN save him.
CE + Cord balls can break TP and TZ.
Fuji doesn't have Hoshi Hanabi since Tezuka can perfectly return 5th Counter.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Airgrimes' right. Tezukas's techniques is all shown to be broken by Fuji via Niou. Tmk's also ban. So while we all know Tezuka could have won this, it actually couid go either way.

It depends on how much stat Tezuka is compare to Niou. That seemed to be the only saving graces Tezuka have right now.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Airgrimes' right. Tezukas's techniques is all shown to be broken by Fuji via Niou. Tmk's also ban. So while we all know Tezuka could have won this, it actually couid go either way.

It depends on how much stat Tezuka is compare to Niou. That seemed to be the only saving graces Tezuka have right now.
Precisely. As long as TMnK is gone these guys are neck and neck.
Remember PoT ended with the top MSers being TMnK!Ryoma!!! Yuki, Sanada, then Fuji and Tezuka, then Niou, Atobe and Shiraishi.
PoT ended with a different situation to what we're dealing with now.

Konomi oddly ended the whole thing with Supersaiyan Ryoma being the King of it all but Rikkai being the next two strongest which I still find odd but it was awesome anyway.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's because TnK is super plot power hax. Using it, is basically a guaranteed win. A guaranteed win is not very fair and makes boring discussion.
^This.

If TnK was allowed, I wouldn't have to bother with any polls for Tezuka and could just let him auto win all of his matches. Which kind of defeats the point of this whole thing. It's unrealistic, but necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.