Discussion - Router | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Router

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hi guys. This thread will be about router discussion, unless a thread already exists.

Currently, I'm looking for a good/great mesh router so the second floor can have spitspot connection since the router is in the basement. I like my Cisco router but it's somewhat irksome to use so far away.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-mesh-networking-kits/ one site I used

TrienDarkform

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can't say much about other options since I haven't use a whole lot of others, but I've always had good luck with Ubiquiti gear for reliability and signal strength (including a building which had some... interesting copper plumbing network which [I presume] messed up trying to keep a stable wifi connection on the other side of the building from wifi access point with any kind of consumer device eg. Linksys--was able to cover the entire building with one single Ubiquiti device). Word seems to be they may not necessarily be the absolute fastest out there, but I've never had any complaints about them on the side of stability and reliability (reboot the device? Never have had to do that at all).

Last edited:
Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I hear great things about Velop and Orbi. I'm leaning towards Velop solely because it's cheaper, but otherwise I wanna try Orbi.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
update: about 10 months after the last post, I got Orbi. It's pretty great.