Year Round - Running, jogging, or sprinting thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round Running, jogging, or sprinting thread

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am 24 and I currently run about 4.5 - 5 miles a day or at least 5k if I feel tired. I am training for a half marathon and eventually would like to do a marathon. First though, I still need to do a 10k race. I don't expect to finish all that well my first time around but that's why I train. My best 5k time is 21 minutes on 2.5 incline. Idk what it'd be without incline because I never run without an incline.

So anyone here run regularly? What brand of shoes do you prefer? How far do you run? Treadmill or mother nature? What's your workout regimen? Best times for 5k? 10? Marathon? Etc.

If you are not a runner and would like to get into it, you may ask for tips here or just pm me. I am no professional but I was very overweight once and I just researched answers and now I am much more cardiovascularly fit than the average person so I know at least something about the topic. I will try my best to help if you require it.

Last edited:

TStew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Popular topic I see :cheez

Well I run... probably one of my favorite things to do. I love the feeling of exhaustion after a big run or race, and it certainly helps keep one in shape! And allows me to drink a lot more beer

So anyone here run regularly? What brand of shoes do you prefer? How far do you run? Treadmill or mother nature? What's your workout regimen? Best times for 5k? 10? Marathon? Etc.
Brand of shoes? None preferably, I actually run barefoot, or at least I started doing that a few years ago (in the winter below about 20ºF I wear SoftStar Dash shoes, very minimal and a small american family business). I find it very fun to be barefoot! How far? Depends on my schedule, some weeks I'm lucky to get a single run in so less than 10 miles. Typical week probably in the 25 mile - 40 km range, while a really high mileage week for me may be closer to 50 miles - 80km. Mother nature always.

Current best times:
5k - 17:xx (high school, before getting really out of shape in my 20's)

as an adult, and all barefoot:
5k - 19:26
10k - 40:36
13.1 - 1:38:29
26.2 - 3:48:58

My longest run remains a marathon, 26.2 miles, though I hope to try an ultra marathon in the near future.

From my last race, an 18 miler a few weeks ago:
17th out of 349, pretty good for me!

Happy running! :super

Last edited:

ZeroKing

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't run at the moment do to being overweight but I can jog for a bit. I would like to get advice despite this being a very old post.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I don't run at the moment do to being overweight but I can jog for a bit. I would like to get advice despite this being a very old post.
You should consult a fitness expert.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I run regularly since this April-May, but had to pause it because of Ramadan. There is no brand I prefer. I don't even wear running shoes :sweatdrop I don't really count how far I run. I like mother nature and I run in the morning because the air is so fresh and also I can see a lot of objects to take photo.

iijyanaika

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
oh, a running thread. Anyone out there still hitting the pavement or trails?