Anime - Ryoma! (2021 Movie) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Ryoma! (2021 Movie)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Official website

Earlier today, Konomi tweeted that he's been thinking about a movie that would cover the 3 month time period between the end of the original Prince of Tennis and the start of New Prince of Tennis.

While this is by no means confirmed from what I can tell, what kind of events do you think could have happened that you would like to see, and which characters should be the focus?

To give some of my own ideas to start us off:
  • On Ryoma's end, they could show how he met the kids he was hanging out with in New Prince of Tennis Specials episode 1 and maybe tell us a bit more about them as well. Unless Ken is an absolute prodigy he shouldn't have made the US selection, but this could also be used to have Ryoma play in a small tournament and show a MSer who actually is strong enough. Alternatively could be something about recovering some of his memories maybe.
  • Would be interested in seeing Kintarou vs Yukimura. We know it happened, but we don't know how Kintarou eventually won. As far as we know, he didn't break out of Yips in the process, so did he eventually become immune to it after experiencing it over and over again or did he win despite having his senses stolen? And even then, it's not like Yukimura's easy to beat in a regular match either.
  • Show some more of Krauser's time in Japan. If memory serves his team shuffle flashback was cut in the anime, so seeing that and then showing his practice with the other Nagoya regulars or him practicing in some other way would be nice I think.

With that said, speculate away.

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I do want to see bits from the HSers too. Like how Mouri was accepted in the G10 or what they were doing overseas.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
  • On Ryoma's end, they could show how he met the kids he was hanging out with in New Prince of Tennis Specials episode 1 and maybe tell us a bit more about them as well. Unless Ken is an absolute prodigy he shouldn't have made the US selection, but this could also be used to have Ryoma play in a small tournament and show a MSer who actually is strong enough. Alternatively could be something about recovering some of his memories maybe..
I think Ken is definitely a prodigy--

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Ken is definitely a prodigy--
I can't tell if this is a joke on your name or if you're serious about the character. In case it's the latter, though, why do you think so? He wasn't even close to Ryoma's level (and Ryoma's level has increases by quite a bit since then too) in the episode we saw and the time he had to get there was like a month.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I do want to see bits from the HSers too. Like how Mouri was accepted in the G10 or what they were doing overseas.
I think the traveling didn't take place during that time (or maybe they were on a different exhibition, I suppose that's possible), but seeing Mouri and Hara rise through the ranks might be nice. If we do see them traveling, we might get a glimpse at Kiritani too.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Oh, it's a joke on my name lol. That aside, I don't really watch anime since it's not canon+the english sub is slow

Last edited:

Anera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Will it cover the three monthes between the end of PoT and the start of NPoT or is it just going to happen during this time at an only moment ? (it sounds very muddled, I'm sorry) Because it could change a lot of things imo : if it's the latter, I imagine an unique and long story as the former movies. If it's the former, the movie could gather a lot of different and short stories and I'm way more pleased by this idea. :nod

Though I agree with ChinkyCandie and Friss (I want to see the HSers as well), I don't think it will happen regarding Ryoga. I mean, something important about him won't happen because I don't think Konomi wants to give us clues on his true level that soon. And I also think we can only see HSers very briefly because the movie probably aims ALL the fans and they're probably aware of the disappointed ones. It's a good occasion to focus on the MSers.

I'd like to see Ryoma as well, as Kaoz mentionned it, it would be interesting to see what he was doing. A part with some of the important schools together (Seigaku, Hyotei, Rikkaidai and Shitenhouji) would be really nice as well, I really appreciate the interactions between them. And a funny part with Higa because I really like them in this role. :smile-big

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some new info for the movie finally dropped. It's called "Ryoma!" and will be released in spring of 2020. The official website is here.

Carmella

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
After this movie, I hope there will be official announcements of Shinpuri anime continuing (unless I happened to miss out on such news that was announced already?). I want to see more of my Rikkaidai and Shiten dumb babiessss

Tora1802

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Finally what he deserves. Ryoma is just the best Character of the whole Series (2nd Place goes to Ryoga, Atobe, Nanjirou and Bunta). He should be put in the SPotlight again. Prince of Tennis is a billion Times better than NEw Prince of Tennis. Hopefully we will get to see some Ryoma and Rygo Brothermoments and maybe more of there Backstory. Rinko should also be shown now. Its annoying that we saw her only in her youth and everytime as a Adult her Face isnt Shown. Also would be great if we get to see Kevin again! Ryoma will be the One who takes the World Number One Spot and with that makes Najirous failed Dream come true!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well and they destroyed the Movie already. The Fans need to plead to Konami to not make that Movie in 3DCG. I mean has he no love for his Fans? And to deleting that Movie. Really fire these responsible.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

senpai kun

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Judging by how other PoT films went, I feel a little pessimistic about this one. Especially this one, the best thing PoT has going for itself is its diverse set of well developed characters, a movie that focuses on Ryoma (I assume this because of the name) in USA sounds kind of boring.

Friss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
New trailer out
Out Sept 2021

TFJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ahhh, I like drawing better than bad CGI.

Ok, the moving cgi is a little better than the still captured hopefully this means they can get more animated scenes.

Edit: =/ autocorrect CGI to chinese...

Last edited:

felixng2011

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not a fan of cgi but could be good the trailer doesnt tell me much

Carmella

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
CGI... D: whyyy

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Longer trailer out now

TFJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Longer trailer out now
I was pretty sure it was the 3D thing, and it was. Ack, it will just take me getting used to it. It isn't the worst but so weird to look at.

Did he go back in time? That is what it sounded like... but then all of the school(s) was there for the dance scene. I can't believe 3D Ryoma is going to do a popular dance lol.

Enemy kicking the tennis ball... thats a new style for sure.