Character - Ryoma's Status as the main character. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Ryoma's Status as the main character.

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is he still the main character in the sequel? He hasn't had much screentime lately, so I wonder if he will get hyped up as "the final boss" and the series will stop being so focused on him.

What would change if that were true?
He would have no plot hax. Well, at least less plot hax than he has now. That means that someone like...say, Momo could beat him.

...No, Momo doesn't have enough plot hax to win. Maybe Kirihara, for example. He is weaker than Ryoma, but with enough development he could get popularity power/ law of training to defeat him.

The Law of Training goes like this:

-The chance of a character beating another is increased by 2.5 for every chapter he spends training, and 1.5 by every time he says "I absolutely cannot lose to him"

Seriously guys, do you think Ryoma's plot hax will decrease in the new series?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I think Ryoma will still be the main character, however, for right now I feel Konomi is taking the much needed time to develop all the characters outside of Ryoma first. This way Ryoma has some actual challenges outside of just Yukimura

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty much what Sai said...remember he had his screen time when he beat the Goran Clone, Konomi set up a very daunting task for himself so he has to pace things well and give everyone some screen time..

Plus Ryoma's in the middle of the Color spread just reeking of Yaoi bait so yea..