Seinen - Sakamoto desu ga? by SANO Nami | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Sakamoto desu ga? by SANO Nami

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Description: First-year high-school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the
coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting
everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent
him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is
constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys
try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and
grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when
asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being
constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he
moves through his high-school life with confidence and class!

---------------

I wasn't sure about the first chapter, but if the second chapter sets the tone for the series, I think I will enjoy it. You can read it HERE.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So chapter four is just released. I think this manga is pretty consistent in its humors and themes, but I'm not sure how this manga would be still entertaining after twenty chapters or so if the scope is only slice of life without no "actual" plot. Still, I'm still laughing when I read this, especially the "eyes through the body" part, it's so unreal hence it's very ludicrous.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just recently read this manga. A friend recommended it to me, the way he said it makes things so funny, I thought he was exaggerating, turns out he didn't. This is one strange series indeed. Funny and inviting because of how it's totally non-sense. But I agree with Doraku that without a clear plot purpose to reach, we'll be bored very soon. Publication seems slow so I guess maybe we won't be bored very soon. :P

Last edited:

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well if it runs in Fellows I'll give it a go.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yeah, Fellows! seems to vibe with me pretty well(though I think it is called Harta now). Otoyomegatari, Gisele Alain, Dekoboko Girlish, Ran to Haiiro no Sekia, Wolfsmund, Shirley Madison, and there are several more that I want to try but aren't translated(dying to try Rudolph Turkey).

And Sakamoto desu ga? seems to be Fellows!/Harta's best seller by far. The first volume left the chart with nearly 700,000 copies sold. There must be something to it. I enjoyed the first few chapter, but I need a few more to really decide if I'm into this particular brand of humor.

Su Tunc

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Omg! I can't believe that nobody pays attention to the cool, cooler and the coolest person in the world!

Now, I am a bit confused. Manga is already finished but I guess we are waiting for three more chapters of the English version.

Spoiler alert!

I thought 24th chapter was the end, It says in some websites but there must be tree more chapters. I am confused. wonder the reason why Sakamoto leaves school. Yeah, it's because the plot is ending but no reason was given so far...

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Omg! I can't believe that nobody pays attention to the cool, cooler and the coolest person in the world!

Now, I am a bit confused. Manga is already finished but I guess we are waiting for three more chapters of the English version.

Spoiler alert!

I thought 24th chapter was the end, It says in some websites but there must be tree more chapters. I am confused. wonder the reason why Sakamoto leaves school. Yeah, it's because the plot is ending but no reason was given so far...
The three other chapters are special chapters. Chapter 24 is the end. Maybe the anime will flesh it out.