Sakata Gintoki vs Kenshin Himura | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Sakata Gintoki vs Kenshin Himura

Who wins?

• Sakata Gintoki

• Kenshin Himura

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay

Sakata Gintoki

vs

Kenshin Himura

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
This is what it came down to.. samurai vs samurai..

Both had tragic pasts..

Gintoki was a orphan kid, who had to survive by himself, taking food he could find in the corpses of dead samurais in battlefields
To the point of being known as "corpse-eating demon".

Rescued by his master, who teach him the values and ideals he carries, who teach him how to be strong and use
a sword, becoming a legend in the battlefield, to only years later being forced to kill his master,in order to save his comrades, after his master
begged him to do so.

Kenshin, who after losing his parents to cholera was sold into slavery, being taken in care by 3 women, who protected him until they died,
rescued by his master as well, who teaches him the ideals he hold and how to use the sword as well until he abandoned his master and training
to fight for what he saw as a honorable and noble cause to afterwards, became the legendary assassin he became.

Both had to figh in wars to create a new era of peace, and both leave that past behind.

Both will give their lives to protect their loved ones withouth hesistate, and both know how to entertain.

As for gintoki well, funniest guy in town, top notch husbando material, :cheez

Ladies, contain your orgasms:hee

Honestly, Gintoki or Kenshin winning, im okay with that, they are 2 of my all time favourite characters.

So this is going to be quite interesting :zomg:zomg

--------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Decisions decisions... I think i'll wait until i'm further convinced before I vote :hmm
Also, that choice of images though :hurr

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
two warriors that didn't let their tragic past get the best of them!
instead they used it as a fuel to become a better person!

A much deserved finals, I should say.

Much respect to Gintoki, but I believe that Kenshin is the better husbando of the two. :^_^

Vote Kenshin! :occa

He's good with kids

He keeps his promises! like when he promised he'll return after defeating shishio.
and when he promised he'll return Kaoru's scarf after he defeats Jinei(a madman from his past).

He can cook and also make them look real cute!

He also washes clothes!

He's badass even with a table knife!

Girls can't help but dream about him :XD

He has proven that he's good in bed! :XD

he believes he can fly!

“In this world of memories, there’s no need for strangers.”

“You can always die. It’s living that takes real courage.”

“Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it.”

“You believe that the strong exist to cull the weak. To use them as food. But you are mistaken… The strong exist, not to feed off the weak, but to protect them!”

“The dead don’t desire revenge, but the happiness of the livng. To dirty your small hands would bring joy to no one.”

“A man who can’t uphold his beliefs is pathetic dead or alive.”

“New eras don't come about because of swords, they're created by the people who wield them. ”

“The dead don't desire revenge, but the happiness of the livng. To dirty your small hands would bring joy to no one."

and the best quote of them all!

"ORO?"

Mononoke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I love both characters for different reasons, if we were voting on character I would go Gintoki no questions asked but seeming as this is husbando I have to go with Kenshin.

Best of luck to both :vbunny

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay

Gintoki i as well good with kids

Can cook

And ladies go crazy about him

[

And... Look how cool he is kids!

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting for Gintoki :cheez
He's as adaptable as Kaneki, and because Kaneki was steamrolled by the Fairy Tail Fan Base, I'm voting for my next in line :isay

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
She was faking it :yodawg

Also, I will go with @kira Advice that Gintoki is good Husbando material and vote for him :nod
:notamused :8C

Tomoe definitely wasn't faking it! she loved Kenshin so much that she gave her life and became his sheath. :blush

Yes, she wanted to be a sheath to his "sword" cause she loves it and kenshin so much. :cheez

:nah Gintoki is a good husbando material but kenshin is best!

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Off course , I will go for KENSHIN here...........:hmph:hmph

We already know how great he is..

1) He gave path to a new era, and is respected even by the highest ranking government officials of his time....also a Killer personality.
2) A man who has actually shown feats to bE a good HUSBANDO
3) A honorable man , A Swords man who loves peace & desires it despite Having to fight day in & day out.
4) An actual man who wants to live a peaceful life & wishes to create a better world for hIs family & his wife.....

Still after all this , he has not neglected his family & his wife..A very good management of both his life...ServiNg the capital & his family as well...:hee

So , obviously a much better choice.....:)..He also came back from death to save his family & friends.

@BattousaiYngwie , Sorry, but I will go for KENSHIN here.

Last edited:

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ano Troll Jutsu....
Vici strikes again :cookiestare
I don't know what you talking about :heh:whistle

:notamused :8C

Tomoe definitely wasn't faking it! she loved Kenshin so much that she gave her life and became his sheath. :blush

Yes, she wanted to be a sheath to his "sword" cause she loves it and kenshin so much. :cheez

:nah Gintoki is a good husbando material but kenshin is best!

Both are great to be considered overall as a good Husbando materials and they definitely more deserve that title than some others candidates when we put aside personal bias towards certain character :nod

The decision on this one isn't easy overall but I will pick up Gintoki ( even if I bet Kenshin winning this at the end )...I'm sorry @kira :crying :clingy

Because she loves him she fakes it :loool She didn't want to hurt Kenshin :heh Ok... I stop :hurr

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Voted Gintoki :pjsalt
The salt... :nah

disappointed in you red-kun. :errr

Both are great to be considered overall as a good Husbando materials and they definitely more deserve that title than some others candidates when we put aside personal bias towards certain character :nod

The decision on this one isn't easy overall but I will pick up Gintoki ( even if I bet Kenshin winning this at the end )...I'm sorry @kira :crying :clingy

Because she loves him she fakes it :loool She didn't want to hurt Kenshin :heh Ok... I stop :hurr
I like your first sentence.

other than that.. :hmph

and I already gave proof that she wasn't faking it! :notrust

so disappointed :biblethump :bedtime :emocat

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Relevant :p

:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt

Best husbando material is only everyone's favourite red-head samurai ;).

Kenshin all the way!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Actually none of them is husband material :hmph Still waiting for some Deus ex Machina, some ultimate plot twist in this war that will revive my ♥♥♥ sweet nominated and makes him win as the ultimate Red H
we just need someone to end this genjutsu !!!!! :derp

Gintoki vs Kenshin, such a hard choice need to be corrupted
->some link to my paypal account :teehee