sakura-aneki's graveyard [\O/] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

sakura-aneki's graveyard [\O/]

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
ha ha bene! you linked the re-l mayer picture but yea I know , it is a different style isn't it? that's how I used to color back then
let's see , the re-l mayer pic , clare , bleach pic , and FMP pic are all from late 2008 , the chibis with a black background are from dec2007 to spring 2008 the rest of the chibis are from 2009 and the others from 2010 the only picture which is done this year is the shinsengumi pic [first oe in the row] and it totally sucks @_@ it was supposed to be cell shaded but meh I can't cell shade if my life depended on it.

and that's a short story about them fan arts xDDD...should draw some fan art soon...

the naruto panel is done in 2010 jan or feb I think.

also I FEEL FREAKING GREAT XDD
to have a colored username again xD

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The way you color is so special!
Full metal panic! fanart :zomg
your chibis are pretty good too.
and if I haven't commented on your sig before, its surely a colorful one :wtf

Congrats on owning a gallery, sakura-aneki :woo

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You have a unique coloring style. I like it and I'm totally in love with your naruto coloring. <3 You should do more of them. :D

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
They all look awesome, sakura-aneki! Your coloring of Naruto nade the whole picture looks super cool (even though I don't really like Naruto xD), abd your fanart of Full Metal Panic is nice too. Keep it up! :thumbs

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
oohhh thaanks a bunch you three! I'm very glad you like them!!!

frush

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
They're all so... so... shiny...
The sigs are awesome, though the colors were a real blast on my eyes. Great job!

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
yeah xDD I like bright saturated colors xDDD sorry

I made a picture of one of my OCs and thought I should share <3 view it here

what do you guys think?

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it looks very nice. The colouring looks quite well done. I find the heterochromia interesting. Is there a special purpose behind using different colours for the eyes? One eye matches the sword, whereas the other is a peculiar mix green and red.

While the sword looks cool, it seems that it would be rather impractical to use in actual combat. :amuse The one thing that sort of bothers me about it is the gem thing on the end of the handle. It looks like the end of the sword is in the foreground and connected to the side of the gem instead of going into the gem, which would make more sense if the two are connected (unless the gem is just floating in the background or being balanced on the the end somehow in which case never mind :tem).

One other small criticism would be that the perspective of the image is a bit unclear. Either Mika has proportions such that her lower body is much bigger than her upper body, or the angle is just a bit too much for me around which to wrap my head.

Overall though, I think this is very nicely done. Mika's fashion looks pretty cool and really compliments the sword. The background is lovely too. :hbunny

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The angle choice is definitely interesting, makes Mika look like a giant:amuse...also the weapon is a spear right?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Whoa. :zomg

First impression: super cool. But then I saw the color of the eyes and the overall expression of the lady. The difference in color of the eyes is actually awesome, but I don't know why it looks strange to me when I see it together with the overall expression. As if the face becomes twisted, and I can't understand what feelings she wants to express. Sorry. ^^"

The background and the weapon are great! The design of the sword(?) is awesome, though that golden spiral that reaches the end of the sword is a very unique idea that I'm confused with it at first. I thought it was the hair. XD

In general, I like it quite much. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the great work! <3

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
pppffft I'm lame for replying soo freaking late

@ Tsukisama
the eyes are different cuuuz I like the idea and she's supposed to add a twin sister and she has the same thing but colors reversed. The other eye is actually yellow since she's in a forest and there's lots of green around her thought I'd reflect it a bit in the eye xD
The sword is actually a spear , cuz of the perspective it looks so huge. Here is the sketch of her character sheet here
if you zoom in on the picture you can see that the round gem is between two plates of metal [let's say gold] it's not really visible cuz it's seen from the front .
What I can say about it is that the gem bothers me because it looks too flat. and it should be slightly transparent @_@ which it's not ...bleh anyway ...no matter

The perspective was intended to be viewed from the person who Mika was pointing the edge of the spear/wand thing at [his/her neck] so her body should be bigger. Her bent leg had the foot landing on the chest of the person who's on the ground. Bleh it's a hard perspective xD I tried , was the first time I tried such a hard perspective.

Phew , thanks a bunch! I'm glad you like it overall :P

@bene lol I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

@phio she should be angry @_@ but yeah it's not really visible that she has her brows in a frown cuz of two reasons , her brows are short. if you go to the link I wrote above [in this comment] it'll take you to her character sheet , where you can see how short her brows are , so frowning looses it's "agresiveness" , also the sun is behind her , so her face is under a lot of shade and little light , especially the part close to the fringe. and since the shadow tones are redish they kinda blended in with her brows ...thus even more loss in expression impact or whatever I can't find the right word xD. Nah it's a wand , she's actually a sorceress . The idea behind the picture was that she was out of mana so she was forced to resort to melee fighting to win ....supposed to have a speech bubble with her saying something smart about it but I forgot what she was supposed to say so I didn't add the speech bubble anymore @_@ so yeah kinda hard to get what the picture says xD

Oh well I tried xD

Thanks for th critiques guys! THEY HELP ME!
I'll try to make the next picture with less mistakes XD

AAAAnndd I added a picture to my first post <3 it's the pic in my sig though bigger. It was made especially for signature purposes so the original resolution isn't too big or any different from the signature xD

hope you guys like it

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
some new stuff I guess

and this crappy webcam pic of a drawing I love done on A3 so I can't scan it xD and yeah laptop webcam sucks xDD

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really like that second one, possibly my favourite out of the new bunch you posted. Keep up the good work and hope to see some more soon!

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks Bob!!! and yeah I seem to be better at chibis than anything else XD should just stick to them >_>

and I will ^_^

Will update soon with more cuz I just got more CG work to do @_@ with deadlines again ... bleh should have them finished by Thursday

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love to see you some chibi version of One Piece characters :XD

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
well I'll think about it. Not a very big fan of one piece buuuuuuuut when I'll have some free time I'll make some XD

- aMt -

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Wow, totally awesome. (:

Luv chibiiis art

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hey aMt! Thanks! Glad you think so!!

---------- Post added August 01, 2012 at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was July 30, 2012 at 09:04 PM ----------

just did this.
Character concept for a project I'm working on. I need to draw him without the cloak on and details about the face hair etc.
More character concepts to come. After I color this cuz if I sketch them all first and then color I will die during the process