Mobile - Samsung Galaxy S IV | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mobile Samsung Galaxy S IV

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Only a few more days before the Samsung reveals the Galaxy S4 at their Unpacked Event in NYC. And leaks are practically coming out from under every rock on the net.

So far it's been all but confirmed to have:

5" screen.

1920 x 1080.

International versions will have Samsung's Exynos 5 Octa. US variants will most likely get Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 like it was rumoured. To get technical, the Octa is actually an 8-core SoC, you have four Cortex-A15 plus four Cortex-A7 cores. But it's still essentially a quad-core as not all of the cores will be used at the same time. In English, that means any heavy lifting will be done with the more powerful A15 cores, and the smaller workloads will be handled by the A7. Basically uitlizing big.LITTLE.

2GB RAM

13 MP camera.

Android 4.2

Will have more features like Smart Stay, like automatic scrolling and others.

Will have a new OLED technology. Instead of Super AMOLED, Samsung is rumoured to use Green PHOLED.

There's also a rumour going around that the Galaxy Note 3 will be revealed on Thursday too, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt.

And finally, purported leaked shots of the actual phone.

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Live streaming for the event is here on youtube.

Sanadan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I dunno, they hit sucha home run with the S3 that it doesn't even feel close to outdated by now. It still beats the competition on a lot of points and really how much more can you do with a phone now? I think they pulled the trigger too early with the S4 but for those that don't have a phone this is good news I guess.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The S4 is true eye and hard candy. I want it but my current carrier only sells the s2:oh

:darn -

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The S4 is true eye and hard candy. I want it but my current carrier only sells the s2:oh

:darn -
It's out in the states already? I know you've mentioned wanting it before. I'm waiting for its release here( 26th April) so I can try it out but I won't be changing phones until next year, unless something happens to this current one.

As an avid amateur photographer, I really want to see more of the options and changes they have made to the media side of things. There's a review that's been out for a while for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So S4 will also have a Mini version too. *looks at her S3 Mini* ... :derp

A friend threw out his BlackBerry for S4. Banzai! I saw it and thought it was pretty big, almost like Note. I'm not sure if I like something that big, I prefer tall/slim one like S3 but not.. 'fat' like this. Oh, well. I haven't really taken a look inside it, I only saw the screen for a moment, but even the lock screen looked pretty nice.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's definitely smaller the that note's. My brother has the note 2 and I have the s2, the s4 is not so big in comparison.