Fantasy - Sanji vs Jinbe | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Sanji vs Jinbe

Sanji vs Jinbe

• Total voters

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Sanji vs Jinbe. Who wins, what difficulty?

Conditions:
- No PIS, no CIS. Both fight to best of their ability.
- Timeline: end of Wano (chapter 1057)

Round 1: in land
Round 2: in mixed environment (say there is an invulnerable ship in an ocean for example)

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I give both victories to Sanji, but I don't feel like making a big post rn (maybe later).

Water is a huge boost for Jinbe but, since it's not an obvious weakness to Sanji, who can even run under the ocean's depths as fast a fishman can swim, it's not such a gamechanger.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Giving it to Sanji.

Though 2nd Round would be closer to call. Sanji's boost was pretty crazy, so his Blue Walk, which already gave him speed on par with a Fishman, should allow him to keep up with Jinbe in the water, if not outspeed him temporarily. But at the end of the day, that's Jinbe's environment, so it's hard to not want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, Ifrit Jambe will hurt out of water and in the water.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
IMO:

Sanji mid diff round 1.
Sanji high-extreme diff round 2

Hibari Kyoya

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
who can even run under the ocean's depths as fast a fishman can swim,
All fishman don't swim at the same speed? So where was the race that Jinbe and Sanji had underwater?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
All fishman don't swim at the same speed? So where was the race that Jinbe and Sanji had underwater?
It's clear I was simply emphasizing Sanji's underwater speed (with similar words to what was said in the manga) but, since you thought of asking that: same question to you, how do you know Jinbe can keep up?

Hibari Kyoya

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's clear I was simply emphasizing Sanji's underwater speed (with similar words to what was said in the manga) but, since you thought of asking that: same question to you, how do you know Jinbe can keep up?
I made no claim about Jinbe's speed? That has nothing to do with my point. I just think it's stupid to think that just because Sanji can use his Geppo/Sky Walk underwater (which means no debuff to his normal speed) that this means he cancels out a fishman's 'buff' that they receive when fighting underwater.

Lets say Human A has 100 Speed. And Fishman A has 100 Speed. (Just an example, I realise One Piece doesn't have a stat system)

In water, Human A is dropping to say 80? And Fishman A (because he is a fishman and his physiology is for water), is probably at 120 now? This is why normal humans get outclassed by such a large margin.

Just because Sanji can use his abilities not to drop from 100 to 80, doesn't mean the fishman has lost their +20 advantage.

And again I'll say, which is my original posts intent...just because Sanji can match one fishman underwater doesn't mean this automatically means he can match every fishman underwater.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I made no claim about Jinbe's speed? That has nothing to do with my point. I just think it's stupid to think that just because Sanji can use his Geppo/Sky Walk underwater (which means no debuff to his normal speed) that this means he cancels out a fishman's 'buff' that they receive when fighting underwater.

Lets say Human A has 100 Speed. And Fishman A has 100 Speed. (Just an example, I realise One Piece doesn't have a stat system)

In water, Human A is dropping to say 80? And Fishman A (because he is a fishman and his physiology is for water), is probably at 120 now? This is why normal humans get outclassed by such a large margin.

Just because Sanji can use his abilities not to drop from 100 to 80, doesn't mean the fishman has lost their +20 advantage.

And again I'll say, which is my original posts intent...just because Sanji can match one fishman underwater doesn't mean this automatically means he can match every fishman underwater.
First of all, Sanji didn't match any specific fishman underwater, his speed was just compared to them by the character's in story.

Secondly, why are you getting mad and calling names just because I mentioned a very relevant fact about Sanji? Here's what we know: Jinbe and Sanji don't have the same speed on land. Not even nearly. So Sanji not being debuffed underwater is a big factor in this matchup, even if Jinbe receives a buff.

So instead of getting mad at the point, if you want to counter it, you should provide any kind of evidence that Jinbe's buff is significant enough to matter.

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Sanji wins both rounds. Don't let the bounties fool y'all; Sanji and Zoro's bounties are based on their birthdays. We know the strength hierarchy is still intact.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jinbe's best bet would literally be to drown Sanji in the 2nd round.

One thing I think people have been taking for granted recently is Sanji's endurance. Yes, Jinbe has the means to bypass Sanji's newfound exoskeleton, but that does not mean Sanji is unable to withstand the pain or damage done to him. He's taken major damage that's broken his bones or wrecked him in some way, and managed to keep fighting/moving even Pre-Time Skip. He hasn't suddenly become Cracker, who can't take pain at all. On top of that, there is nothing implying that the pain he feels is lessened in any way by his exoskeleton, given that he could still feel the pain of being shot in the head by the bullets of fodder.

So, taking all of that into consideration, Sanji, after having all of his bones broken by Queen, was not only able to remain conscious through that pain, but got up as soon as he realized he could still move. And that's before his regen kicked in. At this point in time, Jinbe hasn't shown anything that makes me think he can deal damage to Sanji near the level of Brachiohiss, which isn't even the threshold of what Sanji could potentially withstand.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t think we have enough of Jinbei to say for certain he couldn’t beat Sanji. Honestly I think Jimbei could have beaten Queen.

With that said I can only go based on what I currently have so I’m going Sanji especially after Sanji’s genetic modifications awakened

Last edited:

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Sanji stomps both rounds

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
1.1 billions > 1.032 billions :stare

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Honestly I need to see more from Jimbe before I vote.

The problem with Jimbe has that we haven't really seen him pushed the same way we have seen the rest of them have been. While his fight with Whos-who was a good one he wasn't really pushed.

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The post wano warlord wank has them at yc1. While it seems like a retcon, sanji would struggle to beat a yc1 in his current form it’s within reason though so extreme diff either way.