First Round - Scáthach-Skaði vs. Shiraori | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Scáthach-Skaði vs. Shiraori

Who is the best Waifu?

• Scáthach-Skaði

• Shiraori

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Scáthach-Skaði
Fate/Grand Order
Shiraori
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Please be patient, my Round 1 Skadi Campaign post will be coming soon (hopefully tomorrow)! In the meantime I hope you'll hold your vote until the post is delivered, or if you feel kind enough, to vote for our Scandinavian Goddess! 🙏

ForSeaGle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
After extensive, deep dive, 5d chess, research, that took 2mins, it would seem Skadi is quite the impressive lady :hurr

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
can skadi cook? sam

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Scandinavia's last goddess joins the war to give you her love!

Welcome to my Round 1 CAMPAIGN post (hey @Sky this is the thing), where I'll attempt to keep it short, sweet and give you an introduction to the fine Scandinavian Goddess I chose to campaign for in this years' war, Scáthach-Skaði.

Scáthach-Skaði (or Skadi for short) is a much beloved goddess both by the gods in her lore, and by the Fate/Grand Order community as a whole. While she is the goddess of snow and ice, her actual nature is the opposite to that, and it is that nature (as well as some other aspects) that draws people like me in. Warmhearted, a little ditzy and thoughtless, with the desire to love and care for you, Skadi is refined yet down to earth which I love about her. She also loves ice cream so that means ice cream dates! 😋 Oh how I'd love to eat ice cream and see her smile, a smile which is said to be capable of bringing about an eternal spring~

To finish off this post, I'm aware there may be some confusion as to where Scáthach-Skaði differs from Scáthach, so I shall give a brief explanation on how they differ character-wise, and use SCIENCE to to talk about how they differ physically. Skadi (my waifu for this war) is the divine goddess Skadi in the body of the warrior Scáthach, with Skadi's divine traits and personality. Lore-wise, Skadi became immortal and stopped aging slightly before Scáthach became immortal hence why there is a height difference in their FGO notes (168cm vs 162cm). As for the weight difference, Scáthach is more toned/leaner due to being a warrior, while Skadi who is not the combative sort naturally has a greater amount of body fat collected in certain places. For clarification, please see the diagram below if you have any questions.

I wouldn't be doing my waifu nor this event justice if I didn't post some spicy art though, so to finish off, please enjoy some Summer Skadi eating ice cream with no hands!

Thank you for reading my campaign! if you like what you see, please consider giving Skadi your vote for this round and follow us throughout the wars to see how far we can go! Best of luck!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

can skadi cook? sam
Yes

IL 10

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
CAMPAIGN-I

Who is Shiraori?

Shiraori happens to be the main protagonist of the light novel "Kumo desu nani ka/So I'm a Spider, So What?" One day a mysterious force results in the death of a classroom of students and their teacher, followed by which our protagonist finds herself reincarnated in another fantasy world in the body of a Small Lesser Taratect, a weak spider monster, in the largest, most dangerous dungeon known to man: the Great Elroe Labyrinth, invigorating with apex predators and ferocious monsters. The initial story follows her journey to grow after facing insurmountable odds, as she perseveres to level herself up, evolves and become powerful enough to escape the dungeon.

Personality and Background:

As a spider or "kumoko/kumo-chan" as her fans like to call her, Shiraori is seen to be constantly optimistic and has a rather laid-back attitude, making jokes and often breaking the fourth wall to comment on an event. Her humor is one of the many reasons that she is adored by her fans, however her willpower and perseverance is yet another, as our Araneae Princess launches herself head-first into combat and demonstrating immense dexterity and exuberance at using her skills and quick wit to outrun and overpower her enemies.
Shiraori is made by evolution over time gaining superior abilities, as she undergoes numerous trials and tribulations in her conquest for survival in the great dungeon, defying all odds, she continues to display tremendous mental fortitude much to the surprise of many. Through her struggles, she grows mentally, emotionally and undergoes evolution and eventually ascends to Godhood. Yes, you hear right, our Araneae Princess currently is an Administrator, an almighty Goddess of her verse.

Due to her early phase of life as a spider, Shiraori may come off as socially awkward and introverted due to the seclusion she experienced in the great dungeon, often having trouble articulating her thoughts with words, however once she opens her heart, she's capable of sincerely feeling for another, fiercely loyal, exhibit deep compassion and strong commitment to her dear ones and you'll come to realize the precious jewel that lies within.

Shiraori's identity before her reincarnation happens to be somewhat convoluted, basically she is not who the beginning of the story may makes her appear to be, however I will have to refrain from divulging any further spoilers for now.

I'd like to highlight some of her dynamics with some people around her, but I'm afraid I'll have to cut this short, let's not make this wall of text any bigger that it already is, shall we now.

Thank you for reading!
Please consider voting for Shiraori!

Last edited:

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China

Who is Shiraori?

Shiraori happens to be the main protagonist of the light novel "Kumo desu nani ka/So I'm a Spider, So What?" One day a mysterious force results in the death of a classroom of students and their teacher, followed by which our protagonist finds herself reincarnated in another fantasy world in the body of a Small Lesser Taratect, a weak spider monster, in the largest, most dangerous dungeon known to man: the Great Elroe Labyrinth, invigorating with apex predators and ferocious monsters. The initial story follows her journey to grow after facing insurmountable odds, as she perseveres to level herself up, evolves and become powerful enough to escape the dungeon.

Personality and Background:

As a spider or "kumoko/kumo-chan" as her fans like to call her, Shiraori is seen to be constantly optimistic and has a rather laid-back attitude, making jokes and often breaking the fourth wall to comment on an event. Her humor is one of the many reasons that she is adored by her fans, however her willpower and perseverance is yet another, as our Araneae Princess launches herself head-first into combat and exhibitng immense dexterity and exuberance at using her skills and quick wit to outrun and overpower her enemies.
Shiraori is made by evolution over time gaining superior abilities, as she undergoes numerous trials and tribulations in her conquest for survival in the great dungeon, defying all odds, she continues to display tremendous mental fortitude much to the surprise of many. Through her struggles, she grows mentally, emotionally and undergoes evolution and eventually ascends to Godhood. Yes, you hear right, our Araneae Princess currently is an Administrator, an almighty Goddess in her verse.
Due to her early phase of life as a spider, Shiraori may come off as socially awkward and introverted due to the seclusion she experienced in the great dungeon, often having trouble articulating her thoughts with words, however once she opens her heart, she's capable of sincerely feeling for another, exhibit deep compassion and strong commitment to her dear one's and you'll come to realize the jewel that lies within.

Shiraori's identity before her reincarnation happens to be somewhat convoluted, basically she is not who the beginning of the story may sell her as, however I will refrain from divulging any further spoilers for now.

I'd like to highlight some of her dynamics with some people around her, but I'm afraid I'd have to cut this short, let's not make this wall of text any bigger that it already is, shall we now.

Thank you for reading!
Please vote for Shiraori!
omo wait thats the spider girl from so what if im a spider! do you know if a new season is coming out?

IL 10

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
omo wait thats the spider girl from so what if im a spider! do you know if a new season is coming out?
No, not that I'm aware of. ^^It will probably take a while depending on whether it will be a single cour or double.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh this is tougher that I expected!!! :gwah

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
And I thought I had put too many photos...
Not for me. I'm a LN reader and I honestly didn't know there was this much Shiro fanart out there. I am quite pleased by @Page 's efforts.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You wouldn't turn your back on the Quick Meta would you? :gwah

Radiant support for your battle...

Or someone who's up for a drink...

She could even play you a tune on the piano! Deserving of your vote, don't you think? :heh

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm feeling manipulated by the party trick.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm feeling manipulated by the party trick.
Let the party trick compel you! 😤

Be a man of culture and try to resist it. I know it is hard :XD

The party trick is very clever. Respect for that.
Not you trying to push against my campaign unprovoked 🤣 This isn't how you treat a potential ally of Rin and Saber :nah

The party trick is indeed powerful, and it only gets more powerful when you realise that if ice cream is possible then she can do that with a variety of other things! 😤

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
First devilslayer betrayed you. There is only solution, vote for the enemy of his waifu.

:)

First Devilslayer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
First devilslayer betrayed you. There is only solution, vote for the enemy of his waifu.

:)
That is not betraying. Maybe i want to see more party tricks from her....hehe :cheez
So in the end, that my resistance will fall.

Let the party trick compel you! 😤

Not you trying to push against my campaign unprovoked 🤣 This isn't how you treat a potential ally of Rin and Saber :nah

The party trick is indeed powerful, and it only gets more powerful when you realise that if ice cream is possible then she can do that with a variety of other things! 😤
The fantasy of men:super:hip🤫

Last edited:

IL 10

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Our Albino Arachne Goddess needs our support!​

I hope I'm not wrong to think that you'd be willing to lend her your strength.​
She deserves it.​

And I'm not quite sure I understand what the deal with this so-called "party trick" is, but Shiraori definitely does boasts some assets of her own.​

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is so much more difficult than I expected for me. I can't even say.

On the one hand that where did all this Shiraori art even come from!!?:gwah

On the other that Skadi with a Piano art!!:verily

On the other other hand I REALLY love Shiraori's look and personality and all of that! :notlikethis

On the other other other hand the I am a devote of the quick meta...

What to do...

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is so much more difficult than I expected for me. I can't even say.

On the one hand that where did all this Shiraori art even come from!!?:gwah

On the other that Skadi with a Piano art!!:verily

On the other other hand I REALLY love Shiraori's look and personality and all of that! :notlikethis

On the other other other hand the I am a devote of the quick meta...

What to do...
If it helps, Skadi is Scandinavian. That's what won my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.