Voting Round 2 - Scarlet El Vandimion vs. Amir Halgal | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Scarlet El Vandimion vs. Amir Halgal

Best Waifu?

• Scarlet El Vandimion

• Amir Halgal

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Scarlet El Vandimion
May I Ask For One Final Thing?
Amir Halgal
Otoyomegatari

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

1st wish you best luck @Juviii :zomg
Ill do my best to try to tell a little more about Amir !

Amir's personnality & way of life

Amir is an ordinary and very relatable woman. She has no super power, she won’t save the world, she’s not a tsunedere, a yandere or any -dere, she’s a great woman, but not perfect neither. She is loved by her family in law, bcut only because she earns their respect.​

Shes an ordinary, but skilled woman, but far from being flawless, again perfection is boring, if she were perfect i would have not nominated her. Despite being a great person, her life is nothing out of the ordinary, when shes not with her husband, or her friends and family as we see her doing everyday things like cooking, embrowdering, hunting (basically work related actvities, except some conflicts (with her own family/tribe that will happen at some part of the story) and she's dealing with the same problems anyone has to deal with in real life when with a partner when in relationships (in any kind of relationship actually). shes caring and loving with her husband, but at some point she's so much doting that he started to feel insecure (especially because she’s s better at him archery wise for exple so he feels weaker). She didnt realize that she could hurt him in his pride and that she needs sometimes to give him some space. she has to learn gradually, when ts necessary to give some space to karluk, so he doesnt feel stifled and when its necessary to be more caring, at his side, to get a more balanced relationship.​

Karluk who went to train with his inlaw brothers asking for more space.

As for her appearance, she’s gorgeous but doesnt have unrealistic proportion, her body shape is definitely realistically drawn. We get to see her a lot when she puts efforts in her beauty rituals and the way she dresses. The author is really putting a lot of details on character outfits, jewels etc. too.​

Amir' beauty rituals​

To conclude Amir is just a woman like everyone who still is learning, even though her story takes place in another civilization with different customs 2 or 3 centuries ago, the concerns she meets are timeless and therefore easy to relate with.​

Last edited:

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Scarlet

Scarlet El Vandimion

Presentation:
Scarlet El Vandimion is the daughter of the Duke Vandimion. She is the fiance of the prince Kyle, an arranged marriage between nobles.

Synopsis:
May I Ask for One Final Thing starts with scarlet's fiance, kyle, breaking up their engagement. Kyle presents his new fiance, Terenneza, while throwing Scarlet all kinds of false accusations, as she stands there astonished.
"May I ask for One final thing?" - she asks- right before the floor gets drenched by noble blood.

Personality and background:

Scarlet is beautiful, highly intelligent, talented and she loves to pick up a fight. Even though she has some violent tendencies, she has learned to supressed them, using her sassiness when her fists would be too much. She cares deeply for her family and is willing to make sacrifices for them and she hates injustice and corruption. She has an ice queen demeanor due to the abuse she suffered for 10 years to the hands of the spoiled kyle who couldn't bear the humiliation of being inferior to her in both academics and swordsmanship.
But even so, for the sake of her family, she didn't break up the engagement and put up with his bullying for 10 years while developing a heart of steel in the process.

But for the sake of her family she strengthened her heart, using only sassy remarks instead of her fists against him like she truly wanted.

Even if it got worse over the years

But once the engagement was broken, she was finally free to be herself again and punish the corrupted society she despised so much. And suddenly, all the corrupted nobles remembered the nickname she used to have as a kid-the mad dog princess- in the worst way possible.

After that our dear scarlet not only released her badassery but also slowly started to open her heart. But that....is for the upcoming campaigns.

Vote Scarlet!

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
>May I make this stupid bitch fly?

Welp, I know whom I am voting for.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Oh no. Both campaigns convinced me. I can't chose. :gwah

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I don't know who either of these people are. But based on the art style, Amir is the clear victor. She just looks cooler with her clothes and her horse ( and the detail of her eyes). The Scarlet girl looks like your generic rich girl. I have not heard or Otoyomegatari, but I will be looking into it further.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
yeah the art is amazing, and the story different from what we usually get, it has some slice of life and drama and some historical context, and as i said in 1st round Amir and karluk are not the only couple, they re the main characters though, and the story is revolving around them, but the manga, through various women stories, explores various marriage customs from Central asia (somewhere beween former Sovietic republics and current Mongolia) that said, i honestly care only for the main cast, but thats just me.​
Just wanted to share some Otoyomegatari Art by Kaori Moru, coz i feel it so amazing it deserves to be posted. Please note all the details on fabrics, on background, animals, and people, truly gorgeous work.​

Original art Brides Stories samples

Animals/hunt

Crafts

Characters

this 1st one just for the feast of the eyes ♥

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
yeah the art is amazing, and the story different from what we usually get, it has some slice of life and drama and some historical context, and as i said in 1st round Amir and karluk are not the only couple, they re the main characters though, and the story is revolving around them, but the manga, through various women stories, explores various marriage customs from Central asia (somewhere beween former Sovietic republics and current Mongolia) that said, i honestly care only for the main cast, but thats just me.​

Just wanted to share some Otoyomegatari Art by Kaori Moru, coz i feel it so amazing it deserves to be posted. Please note all the details on fabrics, on background, animals, and people, truly gorgeous work.​

Original art Brides Stories samples

Animals/hunt

Crafts

Characters

this 1st one just for the feast of the eyes ♥

Trying to sell your waifu based on the art of the manga is like selling a dog for its wonderful toys. Is your girl lacking in qualities that much that you have to resort to the art of her manga instead of her individual features? :heh

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hot damn, just imagining that in Scarlets voice. Erin gonna need a senzu or two after that

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Just wanted to say, May I Ask For One Final Thing? Have only 9 chapters right now
It's a fast read and entertaining one, to see scarlet being badass, finally showing her true personality.
I recommended everyone to read it
Just with chapter 1 you get hooked

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Trying to sell your waifu based on the art of the manga is like selling a dog for its wonderful toys. Is your girl lacking in qualities that much that you have to resort to the art of her manga instead of her individual features? :heh
Sweetie, my waifu is 1st a legit waifu, and i did tell everything needed, if only you read part 1 and 1st post here. I was answering the post above about the manga art & style which is unique, and yes the art of the manga is related to the campaign, coz it gives details better than me explaining.

Could it be you re scared ? :heh Your scarlet sound an interesting character for sure and i know some people are reading this manga, but honestly i fail to see what would make her better than Amir as a waifu ? her past trauma, her assassination skills, her money, her being abused (that would do the opposite, no ?) ? :arf Shes badass for sure, Amir is too, so :catshrug
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just wanted to say, May I Ask For One Final Thing? Have only 9 chapters right now
It's a fast read and entertaining one, to see scarlet being badass, finally showing her true personality.
I recommended everyone to read it
Just with chapter 1 you get hooked
Thxs Asa-chan, i intend to read it, told already Juu-chan. :zomg but thxs you re just confirming we know absolutely nothing about Scarlet waifu qualities :arf the manga being interesting and captivating doesnt make her the best waifu candidate, but at least thanks @Juviii for nominating her and promoting the manga by such, seems its promising and worth the reading.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hot damn, just imagining that in Scarlets voice. Erin gonna need a senzu or two after that
Oh boy, dont underestimate me, lol !

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Could it be you re scared ? :heh Your scarlet sound an interesting character for sure and i know some people are reading this manga, but honestly i fail to see what would make her better than Amir as a waifu ? her past trauma, her assassination skills, her money, her being abused (that would do the opposite, no ?) ? :arf Shes badass for sure, Amir is too, so :catshrug
What makes her better? Hmm, let's see, fighting to change society, treating her subordinates with respect, being classy, sassy and fun, overcoming the obstacles in her life with courage... But especially, not being a pedo, I mean, isn't Amir's husby like 12? :heh

Nominating a pedo... Even tho I was expecting some red haired badass :nah

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
What makes her better? Hmm, let's see, fighting to change society, treating her subordinates with respect, being classy, sassy and fun, overcoming the obstacles in her life with courage... But especially, not being a pedo, I mean, isn't Amir's husby like 12? :heh

Nominating a pedo... Even tho I was expecting some red haired badass :nah
Yeah hes younger than her, i mentioned it in 1st round, but please stop judging things with your own values, as i said the manga takes place 2or 3 centuries ago in another civilization, where values and customs are different than ours, at this times , people were more mature as a younger stage and a man was a supposed to be responible and act as a man way younger than we do in ours generations, lifespan was shorter too, than now.​

Honestly calling her a pedo is really a mean and irrelevant comment especially considering its not a husbando war but waifu war. You re so scared that you need to bring ancient cultural customs to denigrate Amir :arf . We got a ton of people each year nominating 12/13 yrs candidates as husbando or waifus (not even stories taking places 200 or 300 years ago, but at present times), my candidate is 20years old so your comment is nonsense to begin with. compared to Scarlet Amir is still the best waifu qualities wise. Try to find something else, that doesnt work :nah and better instead of denigrating Amir, try to show how better is Scarlet as a waifu , waifu qualities wise ofc, money, and badassery is great but that doesnt make a good waifu.​

Treating people with respect, being classy, nice, being fun, etc., Amir has those too, already mentioned earlier, and in even best ways. What else ?
The truth is that Scarlet is probably an awesome leading female, but at this stage as Asa-chan said you know nothing about her yet, you're just assuming shes a great waifu bc shes badass, rich and sassy and bc she was abused lol ?

Last edited:

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Yeah hes younger than her, i mentioned it in 1st round, but please stop judging things with your own values, as i said the manga takes place 2or 3 centuries ago in another civilization, where values and customs are different than ours, at this times , people were more mature as a younger stage and a man was a supposed to be responible and act as a man way younger than we do in ours generations, lifespan was shorter too, than now.​

Honestly calling her a pedo is really a mean and irrelevant comment especially considering its not a husbando war but waifu war. You re so scared that you need to bring ancient cultural customs to denigrate Amir :arf . We got a ton of people each year nominating 12/13 yrs candidates as husbando or waifus (not even stories taking places 200 or 300 years ago, but at present times), my candidate is 20years old so your comment is nonsense to begin with. compared to Scarlet Amir is still the best waifu qualities wise. try to find something else, that doesnt work :nah and better instead of denigrating Amir, try to show how better is Scarlet as a waifu , waifu qualities wise ofc, money, and badassery is great but that doesnt make a good waifu.​

treating people with respect, being classy, nice, being fun, etc. , amir has those too, already mentioned earlier, and in even best vways. What else ?
The truth is that Scarlet is probably an awesome leading female, but at this stage as Asa-chan said you know nothing about her yet, you re just assuming shes a great waifu bc shes badass, rich and sassy and bc she was abused lol ?
Yare yare, did I hit a nerve? :teehee

Status
Not open for further replies.