Discussion - Scientific inventions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Scientific inventions

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
What has your favorite scientific invention in the series been so far? Out of all the ones we've seen from the beginning of the story till present day.
I'd say mine was ramen :XD An odd choice I know, but there was just something about ramen being made in the Stone Age that was memorable.
Shoutout to gunpowder too, I know that it was never really made or the plotline didn't go anywhere, but I liked the concept behind it.

hai_Priesty

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Senku Cola so far. But I liked how they created electricity more.
There's something serious endearing with that Senku Cola bottle, and I dont' even drink cola.
And in that new world, Coca Cola isn't around to sue their pants off their recipe infringement. ^o^

I like the scene, the double spread where Senkuu illuminated their whole world with their light bulb of bamboo filament.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
All:
The:
Acids:
Chapter 33 is easily my favorite chapter in the whole series. It's the literal embodiment of what this series is about, and I have too many favorite scientific inventions to pick out from that single chapter specifically :wtf

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To be fair, senku hasn't really "invented" anything. He conveniently already knows how to make everything, he simply lacks the tools to make more stuff faster. I guess my favorite one would be the improvised gas masks so far. They worked well and it is something that would require some creativity on senku's part as far as I can tell.

Also, while not quite an invention I liked the entire bit about how senku figured out the acid to cure people from petrification. It wasn't something senku already knew how to do and then just went on to make the parts. It's actual observation, hypothesising and experimentation, the scientific method at work. That is easily senku's greatest accomplishment in the series by far.