Second Round: Battle Royale 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round: Battle Royale 5

Which two will advance?

• Monkey D. Dragon

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Jozu

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Marshall D. Teach

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • Benn Beckman

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Wow, this is really a killer group.. I really dont know who wins this.. I see only Jozu in 5th place.
I would love to see BB lose in this group, but i doubt thats possible.. If you look at it objective, Dragon and BB are the favorites here.

1.Dragon
2.BB
3.Beckman
4.Luffy
5.Jozu

But if Dragon and Luffy fight together, what is very likely in a battle royale, they also have a chance to get to the next round. Their combined power > Blackbeard

Kyodai Senkan Mora

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kenya
On pure power alone no tag team matchups and the like then its obviously Dragon and BB....setting those two monsters aside it's fun to play around with the luffy, jozu, beckman thing....am curious how luffy would fare against diamond jozu using haki

darkprince0521

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
aren't you all underestimating Benn Beckman? even someone like Kizaru backed off seeing him. anyway, i do think that first two will be Dragon and Blackbeard in no particular order.

Giammaio

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Battle royale, dragon and luffy will fight togheter, obviously, besides, they would all ally toghter, to take BB out first, the BB and Jozu can be taken care of by dragon and luffy.

khaja_200923

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dragon is considered the world's Worst criminal ever in History of OP because of his beliefs and his actions of leading revolutionary army against the World Government, but strength wise we don't know nor does it matters for WG what matters to them is his actions taking capability like Gorosei..
so in a strength wise match considering he has COO knows haki and Smoker backed off after seeing him in logue town I can say he is definitely stronger than VA's and comparable to Admirals, but here except luffy every one else's strength is comparable to Admirals..
but still after all my calculations i still think the power wise ranking order will 1.BB 2.Dragon 3. Benn Beckman 4. Jozu 5. Luffy

RezzieThaRapper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy will prove how compares to admirals in the movie next month...

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
well,the strongest here should be dragon,as he is stronger than garp,imo. but Blackbeard might have kept up with him,anyway those 2 are the strongest ones. rufy is most likely the weakest in this round,as he shouldn't be able to face jaws's haki and experience,not to mention that the diamond is too hard for rufy to be broken.

sir_rocky

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Dragon, the most wanted man in the world, leader of the revolutionaries, able to create some kind of storm or whatever, son of Garp and father of Luffy. Didn't see much from him but I have no doubt he belongs among the strongest. He advances to the next round. Second place is a bit harder. Luffy is still not strong enough for the big league so he is out. Jozu is strong but he didn't impress me so much in the war so i would say that he is out too. That leaves Blackbeard and Beckmann. Having two very strong devil fruits makes Blackbeard a dangerous opponent but on the other hand Beckman is Shank's first mate and he made Kizaru stop just by pointing his gun at him. We know how strong admirals are and being able to stop them without fighting is no small feat and Beckman is just so much cooler then Blackbeard so i go with him :P

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I think we should consider BB pretty much equal to Shanks. They are kou, after all. And Beckman should be enough below Shanks to not be a serious match for BB.

And the performance of Shanks and co. from the end of the war shouldn't be taken so seriously. If we only see that the war stopped because the marines weren't ready to take on Red hair pirates, then he's the winner of the tournament. But everyone had enough of the war by then, and that was Kizaru, who doesn't take things very seriously. Had it been Akainu, he'd have risked a bullet in his head to make sure Luffy dies as well.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Luffy will prove how compares to admirals in the movie next month...
:notsure if that counts, anime isn't canon.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

BTW this is a 3D battle, there're 3 people with D. :D

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Roger is a different matter than Dragon. So i can't vote him. Let's do it interesting... Teach and Luffy pass to next stage. Beckman didn't do anything in the war so he will stay that way xp

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
BB and Jozu.

I´m not really sure if luffy with armanent haki could hurt jozu, he is hard as diamond at all.

DEATHBOTT

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
i swear, if luffy gets a pass because he teams up with dragon............ just vote for one of the two strongest. not the two who are most friendly with each other. that said i will be voting for bb. out of the other 3 i would put dragon at the top then beckman then jozu. i definitely dont think jozu is stronger than beckman, shank's number 2. i dont even think marco is stronger than beckman.

Last edited:

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, I don't think BB would do too well in this round. He's too cocky. I'm not saying he's not strong, but he way overestimates himself and relies too much on his DF. Plus Jozu would be focusing on him. He'd probably beat Jozu, but not without taking some serious damage, making him vulnerable to the others. Luffy's DF plus Haki should protect him somewhat from Beckman, who we've only seeing using a gun. Guns are generally useless on Luffy. Plus Beckman is on Shank's crew, so he probably wouldn't go after Luffy from the start. So BB takes out Jozu, and is then taken out by either Dragon or Beckman without much of a problem. Beckman and Dragon fight over Luffy because their dreams for him are different. Not too sure about who would come out on top, but my vote goes to Beckman. Dragon's second-hand man is Ivankov, who wasn't able to threaten an admiral like Beckman did. The subordinate's strength does reflect on the leader's as well, so I don't see Dragon being able to win against Beckman. So, Luffy and Beckman advance.

Now everyone else just has to figure out how much of that was just made up to justify voting for Luffy, lol.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Toughest one so far!
All of them are strong!!

If I recall, Oda said that Beckman was the most intelligent character of the whole manga right?
That would mean he's the Shikamaru (Naruto) of this manga.

Pair that with the fact that he the first mate of Shanks, that means he's in the top of the whole manga!
And I'm sure he would find an easy way to defeat BB, who's just too cocky and seems like a really stupid guy...

But then you have Dragon who's the leader of the rebellion!
So, he can't be a push-over... but we never saw him fight, so we have no clue...

And you have BB who's a Yonkou (most likely)...
And he has two DF, which makes him really strong...

I'll have to think about it, but it's definitely between those three...

I don't think Luffy or Jozu would stand a chance right now, as they are...

Last edited:

Sir Amigo

Reaction score
Country
Austria
i swear, if luffy gets a pass because he teams up with dragon............ just vote for one of the two strongest. not the two who are most friendly with each other.
But thats not the sense. In Battle Royale, everything is possible, tag teams too. Otherwise it would be the same as Round 1 with the groups.

In a Battle Royal, its not a given that the strongest win automatically. And in this scenario, I see them all team up against BB at first, and in the end, Luffy and his father will do it!.. Or Dragon and Beckman...

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So noone here thinks that Beckman has a shot here?
According to Oda, he's the most intelligent character of the whole manga.

That gotta count for something, no?

And, even Kizaru (who is arguably as strong if not stronger than Akainu) didn't want to fight him!
And Kizaru didn't even hesitate to fight Marco, which means that Beckman must be way stronger than him.

Last edited:

scott1uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've gone with Luffy and Beckman.

I've imagined the fight as a serious one, where everyone uses their abilities to the fullest without the shounen aspect of the manga/anime i.e.:
- Battle starts
- BB has his eyes on sucking in Dragon to prevent him using his fruit
- Jozu storms to rush BB
- Beckman haki one shots BB through his head (BB is proven to be slower than most high end fighters, lacking in soru and COO)
- Jozu is shocked that BB is dead and instead smacks Dragon who is momentarily disabled via BB's absorption.
- Luffy is pretty well all rounded, showing insane speed in every battle post TS (vs pacifista, vs ceasar - dodging those massive explosions) and good defense and observation. He will be all over the place going crazy.
- Beckman will probably leave Luffy til last as he is the least threat to him, at least in his calculations.
- Jozu vs Beckman ensues
- Luffy vs Dragon is played out quite well. Dragon distrupts the whole battlefield with his DF (that much we know he can do) throwing everything into chaos. Luffy is a very versatile fighter, always adjusting to his surroundings (as shown ever since Don Kreig) and manages to fight through the storm and attach Dragon. Pound for pound Luffy is the stronger hitter imo. Though under Garp's upbringing, I'm sure Dragon can take a hit. Dragon who is dangerous for his position, army and will, but not so much for strength (assumed) loses to Luffy in the flat out brawl. Perhaps with additional shots from Beckman who's now pwned Jozu full of holes (yes haki shots can hurt Jozu if strong enough and can hurt Luffy too). But after Dragon is out... that leaves Luffy and Beckman standing winners.
- Beckman smirks and Luffy is left wanting more.
- What's that? *ding ding* I think I hear the bell.

Pigov

Reaction score
Country
Germany
If I recall, Oda said that Beckman was the most intelligent character of the whole manga right?
That would mean he's the Shikamaru (Naruto) of this manga.
He said that during the few first arcs ( somewhere in the east blue if i recall correctly) and stated that he is the most intelligent character "so far".
Since then, thousands of characters have been introduced, so i dont know where to put that statement exactly.

My vote is a straight polemic approach:
Main antagonist (BB) and
Main protagonist (Luffy... cmon we all know about sudden shonen main character powerups just because of some resolve... and all three kinds of haki is not something to mess with. Its something extremely rare)

I wonder why everyone ranks dragon so high... i know that hes PROBABLY damn powerful, but in the other battle royal threads, every 2nd member said something like "iam not going to give votes on speculation, since we havent seen him fighting so far". This is the case for me now. Despite that, it has been stated multiple times that bounty doesnt mean power. (But like i said, i do indeed believe that hes the strongest of this group, but aint got no proof so thats it for now)

Same applies to beckman. Having an admiral back up in front of him is indeed a good feat, but we can assume that not everyone has developed as much as the strawheads during the timeskip. Iam inclined to say that only the "weaker" ones improved (rookies and their okamana, marine soldiers with tier <Admiral or Vice admiral) since the whole timeskip would have served no purpose if that isnt the case.

Jozu on the other side is a wild card.. if we apply the laws of phisics, he could probably just turn himself to diamond and wait til everyone is exhausted/dead. But thats certainly not what kubo had in mind while designing him, or else he would be invinsible. So my guess is that armanent haki>diamond (or do you think a regular pirate with a diamond sword could cut vergos body in half? Doubt that, dofla was way to confident in vergos haki , ok bad example, yet haki is the only way to escape a situation where jozu > all, so it kinda "has" to be true that haki-> diamond)

Last edited:

blueframe

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
three D's in a group :gwah

If I had to vote them based strength I'd say:
1)Dragon
2)Teach
3)Benn Beckman
4)Jozu
5)Luffy

The first two are a step above Benn Beckman & Jozu, while both of them are a step above Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.