Second Round: Battle Royale 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round: Battle Royale 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Rayleigh is number 1 without a doubt. Even if the other 4 team up, they still dont have a chance. He would own them in less than 3 minutes.

Now for the second place:
In terms of strength, Brook and Perona are out. Even though Perona has a crazy ability, I doubt it would work on such strong pirates like Drake or Lucky Roo.. So its a battle betwen them for 2nd place.

And here I wanna say: We let Yasopp pass because he had weak opponents and of course, of his fame. But this time, only because Lucky Roo is in Shanks crew, cant count as an argument to win automatically. To let him win against Drake would be ridiculous.

The only thing we saw from Roo was, when he shot a bandit. Nothing more! Drake is a former Marine officer and has a really powerful and ancient DF. Furthermore, he started a fight with one of the yonkous, Kaidou, in the new world and was one of the strongest Supernovas on Sabaody Archipel.

So this time, only because Lucky Roo is in Shanks Crew, doesnt make him 2nd place automatically. Give my votes to Rayleigh and Drake, he earned it!

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even though I think Rayleigh is the top here, the other 4 probably could take him down if they worked together. Lucky Roo is probably strong enough to hold his own against Rayleigh, at least for a while. Long enough for Perona to use her Negative ghosts against Rayleigh, anyway. If she was smart, she'd take them both out at the same time.

sir_rocky

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Rayleigh and Lucky Roo. Even in his old age we saw that Rayleigh can hold his own against an admiral so no questions here. About Lucky Roo, i know that many people will say that we didn't see anything from him so there is no proof that he is strong and stuff like that but then why even include him in the tournament. We didn't see him fight, we don't know how strong he is so he should be out in the first round or not even be in the tournament. But since he is here i will vote for him based on his position and the strength of the people that hold similar positions. Same as Yasopp he is a top member of Shanks crew and i have no doubt that in the future we will see that he is very strong and definitively stronger that Drake, Brook and Perona.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Ray and Drake are my options... if you guess that Roo has Haki, it means i can say that Drake has the very power to oppose against a Yonko, and Roo is an underling of one.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
rayleigh and perona ^^

perona not working on drake? it did work on sanji,zoro,luffy already :P

scott1uk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rayleigh for no. 1

I would think that unless you had a solid armament haki to deflect Perona's ghosts, it's safe to say that once they negate you, you will feel worthless, even for a moment. But a hesitation at the high end of the spectrum, is enough to cost you the fight, as was the case of Marco getting cuffed.

Roo was shown to be fast... anyone got the facts on him being the fastest guy in the world or was that fan speculation? Either way, from those earlier chapters, anyone with soru could appear to be lightning. I think Perona's ghosts could be dodged. They would never touch Rayleigh. He would either cut them down before they touched him or just evade before attacking Perona directly.

Drake has guts and is a rising star of the new generation. Roo maybe confident, but he doesn't seem to have drive. Commitment to the crew, yes, but his own goals? He probably has to eat a lot to support his metabolism. Otherwise he can thin out rapidly! (Hmm, i'll make this a prediction!). Roo has shown little more than speed and a pistol. Drake is tough like dinosaur skin, skilled and smart. He wouldn't challenge Kaido as recklessly as Luffy to Big Mum. I am going to go with him. He has a bigger mouth than Roo and could eat him up! j/k... But yeah, I do think he could do it. Rayleigh will be throwing stuff around too and we know he likes to eliminate the biggest threats first or can at least assess them. He will lend his hand.. or sword to cutting him up.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I'm going to go for Rayleigh and Roo on this one. It's a matter of status and reputation. We haven't seen much from Roo, but we haven't seen much from Drake either, and as mentioned Brook and Perona are probably not operating on the same level.

blueframe

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Voted Rayleigh & Lucky Roo. Drake who should be around Luffy/Law/Zoro's level should be able to give Roo a really close fight, but I doubt he can beat Roo just yet.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Even though I think Rayleigh is the top here, the other 4 probably could take him down if they worked together. Lucky Roo is probably strong enough to hold his own against Rayleigh, at least for a while. Long enough for Perona to use her Negative ghosts against Rayleigh, anyway. If she was smart, she'd take them both out at the same time.
lucky roo is not shanks' vicecaptain,hence he should be weaker than him. rayleigh is the strongest of the group,whereas perona and brook are the weakest. drake should be stronger than hawkins and apoo now,but I doubt he can defeat lucky roo. anyway,I vote rake and ray because I hope drake is gonna appear...

Sir Amigo

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I'm going to go for Rayleigh and Roo on this one. It's a matter of status and reputation. We haven't seen much from Roo, but we haven't seen much from Drake either, and as mentioned Brook and Perona are probably not operating on the same level.
Repuation and status cant win a whole tournament. Thats such a stupid argument!
What we did see from Roo was, that he eats a lot and can use a pistol.
What we did see from Drake was a fight against a pacifister, stopping the fight between Uruoge and Killer, transforming into a T-Rex with his DF and starting a fight with Kaidous men - and since then, two years has passed!
I give Drake also a bounty over 400mio, and in this fight, I give him 2nd place, because we saw much more from him, than from Roo, and I am sure he also will have a important role in future.

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
What we did see from Drake was a fight against a pacifister, stopping the fight between Uruoge and Killer, transforming into a T-Rex with his DF and starting a fight with Kaidous men - and since then, two years has passed!
I give Drake also a bounty over 400mio, and in this fight, I give him 2nd place, because we saw much more from him, than from Roo, and I am sure he also will have a important role in future.
we saw even more from Brook, and he won several out of them. yet you won't vote him. why is that? isn't it because of "Repuation and status"? someone else thinking different thoughts than yours is not stupid. if the tournament is all about "shown ability", then Luffy would have already won this tournament. there is no denying that he has shown the most. yet, we didn't choose him over others, others, who didn't shown anything of their power. why is that you may ask. "shown ability" is not the only factor. reputation and status plays even more important role.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Reputation and status can be used effectively when there is sufficient enough of a perceived gap between two individuals. Drake's feats don't register against the competition. The pacifista's were powerful foes prior to the time skip, but as we've seen, they would be unlikely to even register as threatening foes in the NW. Everything else that you've spouted about Drake requires assumptions about what he faced, based on reputation. The only thing we saw was Drake threaten some guy in the NW, without any knowledge of that guy's rank. Drake hasn't shown much by NW standards, that's just a fact. Your 'projections' about his bounty, and potential role in the future, is far less relevant as an indicator of combat ability than the reputation of one of Shanks' primary crewmembers. And I don't see your strong support being thrown behind Brook, someone we've seen far more from, so your argument seems to be based far more on your personal preference for the character than an analytical approach to the fight. It's completely acceptable to back the characters you prefer, but don't attempt to criticise and chastise others on merits from behind such thinly veiled favouritism.

Last edited:

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
We haven't seen anything very impressive from X Drake so far, not enough for me to put him above Lucky Roo. Maybe next time we see X Drake, he will be closer in strength to the likes of Rayleigh and Lucky Roo. But we haven't seen that yet! Not even close.

I say Rayleigh and Lucky Roo win this.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Damn! Drake, I want to vote for you because Roo didn't show anything, but then, that's a Yonkou's crew member, and a relatively important one at that, so I gotta go with him.

But I really wonder if Ray is strong enough to beat all of them.

Pigov

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ray and drake here aswell.
Yasopp had at least 1 chapter to shine, while roo on the other hand...
Drake has an incredibly high bounty, Supernovas can be considered the fourth strongest "group" after navy, yonkou and shishibukai.
So a New world supernova captian should be at least equal to a yonkous top-officer. Since we dont know how roo is exactly ranked among shanks crew, neither did we see anything from him despite one shotting a noobish bandit, so i agree with the first point: It would be ridicolous if he advances instead of Drake.

No need to comment on the other 2.

edit:
Drake is on his own, while roo is under protection by his crew, yet drake seemed to be filled with enough self esteem to recklessly charge one of a yonkous higher subordinates. He also tried to attack an admiral, even though he knew what powers kizaru had (since he was a marine aswell).
So maybe he hasnt shown veeeeery impressive things, but more impressive than the sheer status of "beeing somewhere in a yonkous crew".
Scotch could be a top-member of kaidos crew aswell, yet drake certainly/probably dispatched him easily.

Last edited:

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
what a strange logic!!!

Drake is strong because

Scotch could be a top-member of kaidos crew aswell, yet drake certainly/probably dispatched him easily.
Lucky Roo is overestimated because

but more impressive than the sheer status of "beeing somewhere in a yonkous crew".
why the double standard? i wonder.....

Sir Amigo

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Ray and drake here aswell.
Yasopp had at least 1 chapter to shine, while roo on the other hand...
Drake has an incredibly high bounty, Supernovas can be considered the fourth strongest "group" after navy, yonkou and shishibukai.
So a New world supernova captian should be at least equal to a yonkous top-officer. Since we dont know how roo is exactly ranked among shanks crew, neither did we see anything from him despite one shotting a noobish bandit, so i agree with the first point: It would be ridicolous if he advances instead of Drake.

edit:
Drake is on his own, while roo is under protection by his crew, yet drake seemed to be filled with enough self esteem to recklessly charge one of a yonkous higher subordinates. He also tried to attack an admiral, even though he knew what powers kizaru had (since he was a marine aswell).
So maybe he hasnt shown veeeeery impressive things, but more impressive than the sheer status of "beeing somewhere in a yonkous crew".
At least one who understands that something like this ruins the tournament. Winning cause you are in a Yonkous crew is ridiculous and a bad joke.
Scotch is also in a Yonkous crew, he should definitely participate in this tournament too.. Also the Gorosei! They would automatically win because of their status :)
And whats with Kaidou or Big Mum? Oh I forgot, Big Mum lost against Van Oger from BB crew

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
At least one who understands that something like this ruins the tournament. Winning cause you are in a Yonkous crew is ridiculous and a bad joke.
Scotch is also in a Yonkous crew, he should definitely participate in this tournament too.. Also the Gorosei! They would automatically win because of their status :)
And whats with Kaidou or Big Mum? Oh I forgot, Big Mum lost against Van Oger from BB crew
I love the sheer hypocrisy of your, and Pigov's, comments. Drake is strong because he took on some random member of Kaidou's crew is based on the reputation of Scotch, an individual with unknown status within Kaidou's crew. To get to the conclusion that Drake is strong from this encounter you have to accept the premise that Scotch is strong simply because he is a member of a Yonkou's crew. So why are you attributing such ability to an unclassified member of Kaidou's crew, but unwilling to attribute strength to Roo, a central member of Shanks' crew? It is mindboggling that you don't get it.

Pigov

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I love the sheer hypocrisy of your, and Pigov's, comments. Drake is strong because he took on some random member of Kaidou's crew is based on the reputation of Scotch, an individual with unknown status within Kaidou's crew. To get to the conclusion that Drake is strong from this encounter you have to accept the premise that Scotch is strong simply because he is a member of a Yonkou's crew. So why are you attributing such ability to an unclassified member of Kaidou's crew, but unwilling to attribute strength to Roo, a central member of Shanks' crew? It is mindboggling that you don't get it.
And there you go, we/i are like that to show that the other possible choice, lucky roo, would be filled with even more hypocrisy.
"Roo should advance since he is an unknown ranked younkos crew member that has shown nothing so far, but he is probably as strong as marco, since every yonkous crew is probably the same
Drake will lose since he only fought a unknown ranked, but certainly below roo in terms of status, yonkous crew member, obviously "
Does that sound better to you? This is actually the mindboggling part :P
And why do you assume that scotch is weak? Or why should that mean that drake is just as strong as strong?
No one said that roo is a pushover, and even if he would be able to one-shot drake, we cant tell. Drake could be able to one shot 20 scotchs at once, we cant tell. Point is,
every argument pro roo can be turned around and used as pro drake, yet drake has shown more so far, thats all we have, the rest is guessing and this is up to each member for himself
But your post sounds like we arent allowed to guess that drake is strong, but have to assume that roo is strong?
If we only go by status, the whole tournament would have made no sense.

edit: now seriously, who said that the rookie captians arent as strong as the average yonkous crew members after the time skip? Why do most people sound like "beeing in a younkous crew makes you autowin"?

@darkprince: exactly, that was on purpose. See above^^ But there is no double morale involed, since drake actually DID something. He fought, even if off paneled, he won certainly. Roo did nothing so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.