Discussion - Secret Invasion.. are you one of them? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Secret Invasion.. are you one of them?

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Known Skrulls (according to wiki)
Code:
    * Elektra - Revealed in New Avengers #31
    * Black Bolt - Revealed in New Avengers: Illuminati #5
    * The Revolutionary - Revealed in Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1
    * Cobalt Man - Revealed in Captain Marvel #3

So.. It's that time of the year again, another thrilling (or underwhelming) Marvel event is upon us. And this time, it's going to re-write history (-insert exclamation points-)

So who do you think is one of them? Based on his latest strange behavior of having a surge of interest in comics I accuse The Boff.. What happened to all the drinking Boff? Now you read comics pshaw, j'accuse!

Aaaanyway, based on the above poster, I'm going to make some speculation on a certain race/group of Earth-ians, the Xxx-men.
- Bishop
- Gambit
- Beast

Recently, if you've been following the complex, you'll see Bishop acting aweful suspciousful-like.. almost Skrully, I mean shooting Xavier and trying to kill the kid.. not to mention the camps in the future, I'd say that's our prime numero uno candidate for Skrullyness.

Secondly, Gambit was a follower of Apocalypse last we heard of him, now granted most of the 4 horsemen, turn back into their normal looking looks after leaving Apoc, but Gambit seems to be waaaaay back into 1990's Gambit for some reason, even with the loving Rogue more than his illegitemate father Sinester(o) :p

Lastly.. Beast is.. going to Doc Doom and a bunch of villains to get info on the X-gene... this is whack shit man, and to top it off, he works with evil Beast, plus he looks ugly as a blue hello kitty furry. All in all, I'm hoping for a Skrully explanation, after all why not get the formula to mutation/evolution if it can be used on Skrull's as well? Let's not let only the Kree have mutatant fun.

P.S. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/greg-23/FORUM PICS/Most-sexyiest-Skrull.jpg

and also can we have an art contest for skrulls, I'd really like to see some skrull-Naruto's, Skrull Zoro's and Skrull Zaraki's for an original art contest. Let's not forget it is carnival in some parts of the world where we dress up before lent!

Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Niiiice :D

Okay, I'll go for Bishop and Gambit, too. :D For Gambit, it's mostly me being in denial about his habits recently. Bishop, has been acting a little too...different after he left the Uncanny X Men team.

And...I'll just say Beast is too desperate about the mutant's fate. So. Yeah.

Hm.

Ms. Marvel...because. Well, I'm technically cheating. I'm actually hoping not. There's the possibility of her being a sleeper-Skrull.

Um. A few more names at the top of my head:

Emma Frost: Just. Because she seems to be influencing the X Men team leader a bit too much.

Storm: I still can't believe that she'd choose T'Challa over her family. Eh. And the fact that Marvel decides to incorporate a new background for Storm and T'Challa to have met in their childhood...well, that's jsut LAME.

LAME LAME LAME. *pouts*

Scott Summers: Eh. Eh. (this is just hopeful thinking)

Spiderman in New Avengers: As we all know, Spidey...is NOT Spidey anymore (Oh, THANK YOU, Marvel *sarcasm*), and unless the events in ASM happened after Elektra in NA, then...it really is impossible for Peter to still be there.

Oh, you know, unless Marvel decides that ASM is in a totally new universe.

Ehm. I swear I wrote down a long list in the other thread. One that I was so sure of being a Skrull. I jsut can't seem to find it, or remember.

Oh! And you should edit you psot with the characters who were revealed to be Skrulls, so we could check it out when we want to :D

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its possible that the Invaders/Avengers thing is all skrulls. I also assume somebody Stark's Might Avengers. It can't be Ares, cuz that mofo is acting like Ares =] bugging Herc and all. I would say Wonderman because nobody cares about Wonderman but he's a little weak. Maybe Sentry....

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Wonderman is most likely a Skrull in my opinion as well, it seems far more likely than Ms. Marvel as well.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
So who do you think is one of them? Based on his latest strange behavior of having a surge of interest in comics I accuse The Boff.. What happened to all the drinking Boff? Now you read comics pshaw, j'accuse!

:smile-big

hehehehehe, dude im still the drinking maniac. or am i?
i just read some stuff that sounded interesting. i dont think ill read secret invasion. not really my thing. CW and WWH was more to my liking.

Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My Skrull predictions are:
- Xavin from Runaways and Hulkling from Young Avengers!

:XD Just kidding. :D

Here's my real list:
- Dugan (SHIELD)
- Henry Gyrich
- Black Widow
- and one of the Great Lakes Initiative (formerly Great Lakes X-Men, and Great Lakes Avengers)

Boff, you should definitely read the Great Lakers' books. It's hillarious! :D

Secret Invasion starts this week!!! Navigate to Marvel's site and view their seven page preview on Secret Invasion. Oh, here's the link. :D
Anyway, Is anyone here as excited as I am after reading the preview?

Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
^I know I am.

And Leinil back to drawing the Avengers had me all excited like heck. XD And can I say that this clean style suits Leinil's artwork a lot? I'm a huge fan of sketchiness, so that's a lot coming from me. XD

Oh. My. Fucking. GAWD.

OH. MY. GOD.

*continues reading*

*sobs*

OH GOD.

OMFG! WHAT IS THIS?!

I. Can't. BELIEVE THIS. D:

SHIT. That confused the hell out of me, and if this were real, I'd be scared to death right now. Holy HELL! Who the heck are the other team? And WTF, too many Skrull revelation. Is. Killing. Me. But geez! What an issue!

A mind-fuck at every damn page!

And, damnit! What happened to Johnny and the kids?! This is DEPRESSING.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

He loves you?

I still cannot, for the love of me, figure that out no matter how hard I'm trying >_< And all the baddies from the Raft! OH GOD.

I can't wait for the next few issues to roll in! This is just awesome!

Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
>.> nobody will die

Though man am I excited to see how Nick Fury is going to handle this guys, hell Buck should be interesting to see too.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If someone *will* die I'm hoping it would be Scott Summers. Honest. >.>

I'm also intersted in Fury's role. I mean, as far as we know, he's playing it big. But I seriously can;t even imagine how. And what utterly sucks is that, with that Ult. Spiderman Yahoo group down, I can't go back to the past issues, and figure anything out =_=

That's what I've been looking forward to ever since Skrullektra came out :/

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Too be honest, the last comics Fury has been in are: Secret Wars, New Avengers (the SpiderWoman bit) and Captain America. I hope Buck as a bit to do with his plans. Oh and what is with that Thunderbolts and Captain Marvel scene... I hope this is a spoiler but last I checked Swordsmen was trying to kill everyone... and why in the world would Captain Marvel want anything to do with the Green Goblin =X, too many questions and I really hope I don't have to go to other series out side of the main one but I'm sure I won't have a choice.