Info - Seinen Awards Info and Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Seinen Awards Info and Discussion Thread

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the info and discussion thread for the Seinen Awards 2014​

Award FormatThe event will consist of two phases: a nomination phase and a voting phase. Between those two phases, there will be three days break for administrative reasons.

Nomination Phase (3rd to 9th Match): The community makes their nominations in the category threads. If a series has already been nominated before, a member is allowed to support that nomination to build up hype and campaign for that nomination.

Break (10th of March): Administrative reasons, preparation of the next phase.

Voting Phase (11th to 17th March): A poll is created from all nominations. Every member will be able to campaign for specific series and cast vote(s) to support those series.

Break (18th of March): Administrative reasons, preparation of the next phase.

Second Voting Phase(final) (19th to 25th): A poll for the top two series of each category is created and the winner is decided.

Nomination Info - "How to Nominate"You may nominate up to three (3) series in each category. However, during the nomination phase, you can change your nomination if you want to nominate another title.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nominations clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated candidate with bolded red text. Example:

"I nominate Berserk for best series."

Voting Info - "How to Vote"Once the nomination round is over and the polls are made, the voting round begins. Please keep in mind that a vote is final. Discuss your opinion and think it through before voting. Choose wisely, because we won't change the votes if you reconsider later on.

Categories:

Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Antagonist
Best Supporting Character
Best Couple
Best Panel
Best Overall Seinen
Best Cast
Favorite Death
Best Slice of Life
Best Romance
Best Drama
Best Mystery
Best Sci-Fi
Best Overall Artwork
Best Fighting Sequence
Most Hated Character
Best Comedy
Best Horror

Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Why is there no Best Seinen Author category? :gwah

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why is there no Best Seinen Author category? :gwah
Most authors are not exclusive to seinen, some are but not all.

This is the first time we host these awards, but any ideas for new categories are always welcomed, we did not want to experiment a lot with categories, since a lot of categories takes the fun out of the awards. Any suggestions on what should be taken into consideration for next year is always welcomed.

conn-man

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Everyone is nominating something different..The voting could be kind of spread out, huh?

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Everyone is nominating something different..The voting could be kind of spread out, huh?
Every series that was nominated will get a chance to be voted on in the first round.^^ I like that people are nominating different, perhaps someone might pick some new manga up from these awards. :nod

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Every series that was nominated will get a chance to be voted on in the first round.^^ I like that people are nominating different, perhaps someone might pick some new manga up from these awards. :nod
Ha, yeah I've already started a new series someone nominated. I guess for now its more of a seinen convention until the voting starts.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ha, yeah I've already started a new series someone nominated. I guess for now its more of a seinen convention until the voting starts.
I am very happy to hear that, yeah I like that seinen convention. :) So, which manga did you start?

Unok

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Maybe a category for something like Most Promising New series and to include series only from the last 1-5 years or less. Because even through some old series are really good, seeing Berserk and Vagabond dominating most of the categories can take the fun from the awards. So at least in 1 category the new series will have better chance to shine.

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am very happy to hear that, yeah I like that seinen convention. :) So, which manga did you start?
Saint Young Men from the comedy category, thanks go to Drmke for the nomination! Jesus and Buddha vacationing on earth and sharing an apartment? Its just..fantastic.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I already did!

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thanks for participating all, we will take into consideration for next year Unok, this is the first time we are having the awards, so I had no idea who would dominate. >.>'

And I am glad everyone is picking up new series, the week is still young, go on and NOMINATE!

---------- Post added March 10, 2014 at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2014 at 12:03 AM ----------

NOMINATION ROUND IS OVER, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE STAFF SETS UP THE POLLS FOR THE FIRST VOTING ROUND!!​

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

VOTING ROUND​

VOTING HAS STARTED PLEASE GO AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SERIES!

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you go to vote in the poll for 'Best Comedy' you will get 2 options for Ashita Dorobou. I think Jigokuren is missing.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If you go to vote in the poll for 'Best Comedy' you will get 2 options for Ashita Dorobou. I think Jigokuren is missing.
Sorry for the confusion, yes it was a small mistake on my part, but it has been fixed now, thanks for noticing, go on everyone VOTE! :)

---------- Post added March 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 11, 2014 at 01:55 AM ----------

VOTING ROUND 1 IS OVER! PLEASE WAIT WHILE THE STAFF COMPILES THE RESULTS SO WE CAN HEAD TO THE FINAL ROUND!

---------- Post added March 18, 2014 at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was March 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM ----------

THE FINALS ARE HERE! VOTE!

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Where are the results of the old polls? I would like to know for example how many votes Dorohedoro got.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The system deletes results after the poll is stripped. They are not saved anywhere that is easily accessible. Anyone interested in retaining the results of past rounds would be advised to write down results after the poll closes.

Bers

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Thank you for this event I liked the nominations were very decent. (I know that will Berseker Kingdom and the largest numbers of wins)

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thank you for this event I liked the nominations were very decent. (I know that will Berseker Kingdom and the largest numbers of wins)
Well next year the thing will be to put more categories that will enable smaller series to have greater influence in the awards. :thumbs

I am pleased if someone picked some new manga from this. :)

---------- Post added March 25, 2014 at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 23, 2014 at 02:22 AM ----------

WINNERS(Check respective threads as well):

Best Cast: Berserk
Best Romance: Natsu no Zenjitsu
Best Drama: Monster
Best Mystery: Monster
Best Sci-Fi: Ghost in the Shell
Best Fighting Sequence: Musashi vs Yoshioka School - Vagabond
Best Slice of Life: REAL and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Best Overall Seinen: Berserk
Best Male Character : Guts
Best Female Character: Revy
Best Couple: Miyamoto Musashi and Otsu
Best Horror: Tokyo Ghoul
Best Comedy: Saint Young Men
Best Antagonist: Griffith
Best Overall Artwork: Berserk
Most Hated Character: Griffith
Best Panel/Page: Berserk and Vagabond
Favorite Death: Berserk
Best Supporting Character: Askeladd

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've enjoyed these awards! They have pointed out a few series that I really should have checked out earlier. During the Awards, I read Kingdom and enjoyed it immensely. Next, I think will be Vagabond.

I hope everyone found a couple of series they want to try out! :)

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States
I picked up Terra Formars, the whole thing is one rapid fire arms race but I love it, cant wait for some reptile hybrids to show up.

Saint Young Men- Changed my life. Major fan of Jesus and Buddha now.

Jigokuren- Good story that basically says, 'People can clean up their act and kind and selfless anytime they want no matter how low you have gone. Also comedic gore and boobs.

I'll pick up more from the nominations too. I'll also try to get into Berserk, I read to ch 30 a couple years ago and wasn't really hooked but maybe that will change.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thank you everyone for participating and THANK YOU to the staff that helped me make this possible, thanks to all that helped and contributed. :)

See you next year with a few more categories and possibly to make an annual event out of this, the SEINEN MONTH, THE MONTH OF MARCH, IT SHALL BE REMEMBERED, YEEY!