Semifinal 2: Mihawk vs. Shanks | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal 2: Mihawk vs. Shanks

Who wins?

• Mihawk

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Shanks

Votes: 41 80.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja_Pirate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Hah.... its funny that people are trying to ask why shanks should rather giving any opinion about why not ?? ... Argument should be both ways ...

If it comes to that we can also assume Mihawk is powerful than Rayleigh ... because we have seen rayleigh using sword and thus he should also lose in sword battle to Mihawk as Mihawk is the greatest swordsman (skills and the fact that he yields the most famous black blade)..even Garp and dragon should then lose to him... If Mihawk was so capacble as to defeat or even stand at equal grounds in totality with a Yonkou I would say there was not much need of hue and cry over marineford war since Mihawlk was present there ... He should have himself turned the tides of the battle rather than passing time with the commanders or luffy ...

If title is worth anything than one of the yonkou had the title of strongest man (who should not be a better swordsman than mihawk and should fall in front of him) and other one as "the strongest creature"... So i would give it to a Yonkou if it comes to an all out battle between a yonkou and a shichibukai till death ...

Also it is a fact that when Mihawk used to duel Shanks he didnt have the title of the greatest swordsman and we dont know if shanks was a yonkou then... after the incident happened with shanks and they stopped having duels ..Mihawk got the title and obviously Shanks didnt have any duel with Mihawk(or mihawk lost the interest in having a duel with him) after that or he didnt try to claim that tile could also mean shanks is not interested in that title or he see mihawk as wrothy person to wear that tiltle... But shanks also now have the title of Yonkou ... which says a lot about him and his influence and power

DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like how people are basing decisions on fame alone. If thats the case, then Mihawk shouldn't have beat Dragon anyways, as Dragon's name as well as his rank in the One piece world overshadow Mihawk's Undoubtedly. Shanks also has a higher rank than Mihawk. So saying Mihawk is above Shanks purely because he has the title is not very convincing!

Josear XIII

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I'll pass in voting this one, both characters are very great to me since I like non-DF users

RichardMNixon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So *necessarily* [Shanks] uses other skills as well. And what is the result of using those skills in duels with Mihawk?
It is your opinion that he fought to the best of his ability. It isn't mine. If he actually wanted Mihawk dead, then I have no doubt Shanks + Beckmann, + Roux + Yasopp could take care of that. He didn't. He wanted to fight the world's greatest swordsman. That is my opinion. You're welcome to have yours, but you're not welcome to treat your opinion as fact.

Note Whitebeard didn't call it a tie either, he just said they dueled. You have something else stating explicitly that they tied since you're so opposed to speculation?

Other notes:

Haki isn't binary. The fact that Mihawk has it doesn't make him even out Shanks in that regard, any more than Sanji's let him break Vergo's leg.
Importantly, there's also no option for a tie. I'm not staking my life on this opinion, I'm just choosing a side (because that's the only option) and arguing for it. I'm not sure what else you expected to see in these threads, calculus?

Last edited:

mugiwara4343

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
My vote goes for Shanks :). In onepiece world titles mean something. Agreed Mihawk is the "Strongest swordsmen" but Shanks is a freaking "Yonkou". Ilts like in future Zoro becomes the strongest swordsmen in the world, it doesnot mean he can pwn Luffy. We have seen shanks feats like having a small skirmish with Kaidou before ace execution war arc and returning the next day. He stopped the war with his word, stopped Akainu's punch and not many can do this. I personally think Shanks is the strongest at present in onepiece.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope we get to see a flashback fight between Mihawk and Shanks. It has got to happen! *.*

It is true that we haven't seen much of Shanks but I will have to go with him as we've seen Mihawk's ability in action and so I prefer watching the full version of when WB meets Shanks! I'm sure it won't be just the sky that'll be divided. ;P

astute_azure

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Some may miscontrue that being a Yonkou means that you are of equal strength to WB past his prime(was THE STRONGEST MAN). While not necessarily true, Yonkou balance and power is actually viewed as a totality, meaning crew strength/influence is included. While Shanks did clash and exchanged swords with WB, this does not necessarily mean that Shanks would then be equal to WB in terms of strength. It might really be that WB was the single heavy weight of the WB pirates(though first 5 commanders were really something)

Nonetheless Shanks is fairly strong, and to put him in place, I would say he is currently in top 3-7 strongest. BB may currently be stronger than him, but remains to be seen. To put Mihawk I'd say he also currently is in 3-7 strongest. Currently meaning no ROGER/WB or unknown characters. I refuse for any of them to be rated higher by uncertainty. To vote though, I'd say Shanks. His confidence at the war of the greatest and accomplishments puts him at higher rank than Mihawk. Shanks Accomplishments(ended war, skirmish with Kaidou, clashed WB, clashed Akainu) Whereas Mihawk(tied with Red Hair, mopping the floor with fodder(Zorro included), preoccupying Vista, clashed with pre time skip Luffy, not much really).

Some also use STRONGEST SWORDSMAN TITLE to make MIHAWK win, well put it this way WB at the time was also a Yonkou but Mihawk actually questioned his own strength against WB. You can come up to conclusion that STRONGEST SWORDSMAN is a title of skills in using sword, not a gauge of overall fighting ability.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
31 votes difference? Seriously?

Oh well, funny like most of the tournament.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Overwhelming victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.