Doubles - Semifinal - Shiraishi/Matsudaira vs Oshitari/Oshitari | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Doubles Semifinal - Shiraishi/Matsudaira vs Oshitari/Oshitari

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Shiraishi Kuranosuke / Matsudaira Chikahiko

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Oshitari Kenya / Oshitari Yuushi

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Doubles
Semifinal

NameShiraishi Kuranosuke
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayApril 14th
Height178 cm
Weight66 kg
HandednessLeft
PlaystyleAll Rounder
NameMatsudaira Chikahiko
GradeHigh School 3rd Year
BirthdayMarch 31st
Height176 cm
Weight?
HandednessRight
PlaystyleServe and Volley

VERSUS

NameOshitari Kenya
BirthdayOctober 15th
Height178 cm
Weight64 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleCounter Puncher
NameOshitari Yuushi
BirthdayMarch 17th
Height177 cm
Weight63 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder

Serve order: Yuushi -> Shiraishi -> Kenya -> Matsudaira

This round ends on Tuesday, August 20th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Shiraishi's a level above Yuushi/Kenya. I know that there's the tiebreak 7-4 score, I know, against Kenya. Shiraishi takes off the gauntlet and hits right through them. Kenya has teleportation-level speed now, however, so he should be able to react to both Shiraishi's flat serve and Flower. Yuushi's the weak link here, actually. I don't think he can handle Flower or deal with Bible. Matsu has the speed to return shots and Shiraishi can play Miyako's role of encouraging Matsu.

I'll take a 6-4 Shiraishi/Matsu win.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Shiraishi/Matsudaira should take this pretty easily.

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Yuushi's the weak link here, actually.
But being hyotei's number 2 and all don't you think Yuushi could do something. He is one of the best strategists in the series. I mean with his closed mind play he could confuse his opponents (even Tezuka said he could not feel Yuushi's presence).

He could use the DFDR to seal the Entaku shot. He is the man with 100 techniques and with Kenya's awesome speed to hold the back I think their combination could be amazing.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
But being hyotei's number 2
I was reading some random pair puris the other day, and Konomi said (in the Jirou and Marui PP) that Jirou was Hyotei's number 2...

That doesn't make everything you said wrong though, but I don't really think that he could do much against Matsu and Shiraishi. Entaku shot isn't Shiraishi's biggest weapon at all... and Yuushi's 100 techniques aren't impressive at all if you think about it.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I was reading some random pair puris the other day, and Konomi said (in the Jirou and Marui PP) that Jirou was Hyotei's number 2...
That really put down any hope Oshitari pair have, i think. Shiraishi mope the floor with Fuji (Regional) who mope the floor with #2 who is stronger than Yuushi? Ah, Not to mention Shiraishi personally put down Kenya himself as well.

Oshitari partnership will be the only hope they have, which they probably have better than Shiraishi/Matsudaira pair. Not sure how much that would help.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, being the second strongest probably applies to singles. There's still a chance that Yuushi is better than Jirou in doubles.

floman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
In the manga he's referred to as Hyotei's genius http://www.mangareader.net/422-27171-4/prince-of-tennis/chapter-274.html. Sorry I guess I assumed that meant he was Hyotei's number 2!

Even still, I think with unreadable attacks and since he knows his doubles partner so well the combination of the two might be enough to overwhelm Shiraishi and Matsudaira who are essentially just a makeshift pair.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
In the manga he's referred to as Hyotei's genius http://www.mangareader.net/422-27171-4/prince-of-tennis/chapter-274.html. Sorry I guess I assumed that meant he was Hyotei's number 2!
Yeah dude, I thought that Yuushi was Hyotei's no 2 too! Imagine how surprised was I when I saw that.

That really put down any hope Oshitari pair have, i think. Shiraishi mope the floor with Fuji (Regional) who mope the floor with #2 who is stronger than Yuushi? Ah, Not to mention Shiraishi personally put down Kenya himself as well.
According to Konomi, he's terrible drawing Jirou :lmao

But, as he was Hyotei's no 2, he made him play and win against Kabaji (and that didn't show how good he was at all, he barely won and it was because Kaba tried to copy him...)

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Can I get a link to see that Jirou is Hyoutei's No.2?
Since Marui is said to be superior to Jirou.
So, Hyoutei's No.2 can't beat Rikkai's No.7 hahaha.

Hyoutei have suddenly become a joke.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even though he's Hyoutei's No. 2, because he was overwhelmed by Fuji, even though he's a terribly strong character his strength couldn't be seen.
http://fanbook.livejournal.com/48567.html

Also, all of Rikkai is supposed to be as strong as Kanto!Tezuka or stronger (Marui also got an upgrade during the nationals), losing to any one of them doesn't automatically turn you into a joke.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
http://fanbook.livejournal.com/48567.html

Also, all of Rikkai is supposed to be as strong as Kanto!Tezuka or stronger (Marui also got an upgrade during the nationals), losing to any one of them doesn't automatically turn you into a joke.
Yeah it does in SPoT.

Hyoutei were supposed to rival Rikkai at the start of the series Kaoz.
If Hyoutei's No.2 cannot beat Rikkai's No.7 then there challenge becomes a joke. It's that simple.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yeah it does in SPoT.

If Hyoutei's No.2 cannot beat Rikkai's No.7 then there challenge becomes a joke. It's that simple.
Marui was more like Rikkai's No. 4 at the start of PoT as he plays singles in the databook at times. Akaya and Niou bump him down to No. 6 over time, however. Yagyuu comes in at No. 7 and Jackal rounds off the club as No. 8.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This is the same kind of nonsense logic that put Chitose and Kite down for a long time. If there was a team that consisted of Yukimura, Sanada, Tezuka, Ryoma, Kintarou, Atobe, Fuji, would losing to whoever is the worst of them mean that their opponent sucked? Of course not. Unless of course you're saying that every team besides Rikkai, Seigaku and Shiten is a joke.

Furthermore, when was it ever said that Hyoutei "rivaled" Rikkai? They lost 0-3 the previous year, as did every other team besides Seigaku. Before this year, Rikkai had no real rivals.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Furthermore, when was it ever said that Hyoutei "rivaled" Rikkai? They lost 0-3 the previous year, as did every other team besides Seigaku. Before this year, Rikkai had no real rivals.
Sanada says at the Kantou draw, "The ones to look out for... Are Hyoutei!!".
That's a big statement to make.

This is the same kind of nonsense logic that put Chitose and Kite down for a long time. If there was a team that consisted of Yukimura, Sanada, Tezuka, Ryoma, Kintarou, Atobe, Fuji, would losing to whoever is the worst of them mean that their opponent sucked? Of course not. Unless of course you're saying that every team besides Rikkai, Seigaku and Shiten is a joke.
Except a team consisting of those guys doesn't exist and you're now taking things out of proportion.
A dream team and an actual school team are different.
I don't know what you're talking about with "Chitose and Kite" or the term nonsense logic either.

I should have been more specific and said a joke in comparison to Rikkai.
As I said "their challenge becomes a joke", the context should have implied challenge to Rikkai but whatever.

I never even said Shitenhouji or Seigaku either so you've more or less just compiled your own things in something you'd like to argue about.

Had I known Jirou was the No.2 of Hyoutei back at Nationals, I would sure as hell have known that Hyoutei's dreams of winningthe Nationals were a sheer joke.

Marui was more like Rikkai's No. 4 at the start of PoT as he plays singles in the databook at times. Akaya and Niou bump him down to No. 6 over time, however. Yagyuu comes in at No. 7 and Jackal rounds off the club as No. 8.
When was Marui ever better than Kirihara?
Yagyuu played Singles in the Nationals Semifinals. In fact, all Rikkai players have been in Singles over the time period so that doesn't show much.
Also, what we've seen from them implies Marui isn't stronger than Yagyuu.
In Singles tell me how Marui beats the Laser combo? Marui cannot attack with WC. If he gets lobbed its pretty much over.

(This is wayy off-topic so we'll take this to the Discussion thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.