Discussion - Senzaemon's "handpicked" 92nd Gems | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Senzaemon's "handpicked" 92nd Gems

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, before we even goes for the finals, lets go and discuss the hot-debated scene: Sen's selection of the 92nd Gems.

According to the plot from the last time, while the Team Shokugeki is still ongoing, Senzaemon meanwhile lived in a small accommodation chilling and he received n unwelcoming visit from one dubious visitor: Azami. When being asked if he will watch the match, Sen said that he don't need to because he trusted the team will prevail in the end. Azami, who was unfazed by Sen's confidence, blatantly stating that he "knew" it because these very students (aka Rebels) were handpicked by Granddaddy Sen.

Here is the question above: What does Azami even mean when he noted that the 92nd Gen Gems that being handpicked by Granddaddy Sen? What's history lies behind that movement? How will it going to play the role for shaping the future of Tootsuki, aside from changing Erina's mindset about culinary industry as a whole? And more importantly, can these handpicked gems are tough enough to resists the Central and mow down Azami's influence for good?

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, they are supposed to win so yes they can resist Central. Souma had been rejected by Erina, but in the end Senzaemon made him enter. Maybe the same thing happened to some of them. That or he sent invitations to their families.

Ser-Veresta

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Armenia
We need to get more explanation on what Azami meant because it is unclear and confusing on how it adds up. If what he said is true, that Sen had "handpicked" the jewel generation, my guess is that he must have done it to start his own kind of "revolution" for Totsuki. We know for certain he advised Jou to enroll Soma into Totsuki but I don't believe that he did it in order to save Erina-that was something that was formed afterwards-and like everyone can agree there has to be more to it. But on exactl how he did it and scouted them, is anyone's guess.

The elite ten are at the top. Rindou and Tsukasa in particular are highlighted to be broken af and we know the rebels can't win if it's a 1v1, but only if they work together they have a chance and that's key here. We need more flashbacks on the preparation for the fights for ex. the 1v1 training they had with Jou, Gin, and Shino.

For this arc, I want to be surprised. It'd be interesting if the rebels lost, or if Soma loses and gets expelled somehow. I'd like there to be a twist somehow

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
If there's one thing that isn't happening it's the rebels being expelled.

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We need to get more explanation on what Azami meant because it is unclear and confusing on how it adds up. If what he said is true, that Sen had "handpicked" the jewel generation, my guess is that he must have done it to start his own kind of "revolution" for Totsuki. We know for certain he advised Jou to enroll Soma into Totsuki but I don't believe that he did it in order to save Erina-that was something that was formed afterwards-and like everyone can agree there has to be more to it. But on exactl how he did it and scouted them, is anyone's guess.

The elite ten are at the top. Rindou and Tsukasa in particular are highlighted to be broken af and we know the rebels can't win if it's a 1v1, but only if they work together they have a chance and that's key here. We need more flashbacks on the preparation for the fights for ex. the 1v1 training they had with Jou, Gin, and Shino.

For this arc, I want to be surprised. It'd be interesting if the rebels lost, or if Soma loses and gets expelled somehow. I'd like there to be a twist somehow
Pretty unlikely for the Yukihira Genius to be expelled because of his MC status. Not to mention that the entire Team Shokugeki itself is the last feud between Team Rebel and Team Central itself, so whoever loses must accept their defeat. We all know the outcome of this match up even without psychic powers to predict upcoming results....