Feedback - Server error 500 and half loaded forum pages | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback Server error 500 and half loaded forum pages

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
As the title is saying, ever since I deleted my browser history, including cache etc. I've gotten this error and half loading pages in the forums.
(I even got it when I tried to submit this post, but had to hit return button and try again).

So far the times I've gotten this it's roughly 33% to load normally, 33% to load halfway and 33% to give server error 500.

Not sure what is causing this, but thought I'd like to share a rapport on the matter.

The half loading pages look pretty normal in that respect that both HTML and CSS loads, but it's as if it "stops" halfway, thus, the menu bar at the top does not get it's CSS applied and it looks like raw HTML down the left spine on the page.

Hope you can use this, and I'd like to know if it's a problem on my end causing it (:

Edit: Using Firefox 7.0.1, Windows 7 and took 3 server error 500's to make this edit xD

Thank you.

Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thanks for reporting the problem.
You are not the only experiencing this.
Both FF and IE are presenting the same issue and probably other browsers too.
You can access the threads, if you have your favorite threads bookmarked or in the history. Reload if the 500 page error occurs.
It's not possible to access the profile at the moment.

We are waiting for the tech team to solve the problem.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Another info: you can't post very long texts.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Alright, good to know it'll be fixed :)

and Thanks for the long post warning, certainly saves some time if one finds out that long post won't work "after" writing a long post.. :s

Asahina

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When you see "Server Error 500" - two things should come to your mind.
1) There is an "ERROR."
2) This is a "Server Problem."

This has nothing to do with which browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.) a person is using.
This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. In other words, there is nothing wrong with your internet. Blame the operators who offered 'server' services to MangaHelpers. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for reporting the problem cez and everyone.

We changed our server not too long ago and unfortunately a few problems have shown up.

We're aware of the problem and it should be resolved as the techs work on it.

If anyone experiences more problems - feel free to report it here or in this section.

~Charlie

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Thanks for the hard work, the site already works a lot better again! :)

Just encountered a little problem though, only happening to single thread, but oddly enough, everything else works. I did try to refresh the page, yet, this particular thread;
"Fairy Tail 255 Discussion/ 256 Predictions"
I can't access at all now, anything else I click on works just fine and also fast.
Also, just a hour ago, the Fairy Tail thread worked fine for me.

When I click on "Fairy Tail 255 Discussion/ 256 Predictions" I get this error message;

400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large
nginx/1.0.4​

I'm sure you might already know this issue, but just in case I'll post it. Keep up the good work! :)

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Cez - Are you still having trouble loading that thread? I'm not getting any errors from it.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Did just try again, same thing.
Maybe it's a problem on my end..?

After reading your post I did try open the thread in Internet explore, with success, no problems at all.
But my Firefox 7.0.1 still has the problem, error 400 when I try open that thread, double checked after I found it working in Internet Explorer.

Really weird, I wonder why this happens.

Edit: Did try google it, found
"Do you get the error using more than one browser ?. If you have two or more Web browsers installed on your PC and the behaviour is not the same (one Web browser gives an HTTP 400 error visiting a site, another Web browser does not give the 400 error visiting the same site), then one of your browsers may be defective. Try to find an upgrade or security fix for the problem browser. If you recently changed some configuration options in the problem browser, try reversing the change to see if that helps."

I recently installed Firefox 7.0.1
But I don't have the time to try reinstall Firefox right now, I can try later though.

Considering trying to delete my Mangahelper.com cookie, though, I'm not found of trying, embarrasing enough I forgot my password :headscratch So need to e-mail, and all that as well.

I'll give these two attempts a try later when I got the time, unless someone can tell me what is going on before I have done these testings :)

Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm using the new version of Firefox as well. I would suggest clearing your cache and restarting your browser to see if that fixes the problem. I've sent a password reminder to your email, so there should be no trouble logging back in to MH. :)

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
*yay* now it works, Thanks for sending a password reminder, needed it :tem

Thanks for the support, you guys are always quick and there to help! If only real life companies had such service, and you're even doing it for free! :tem